Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Ah, that's right.

I think it's going to be hard trading him no matter what. It's hard seeing a contender having $4.5M cap space for a player that's a third liner at best at this point. And there are no guarantees he'll retire, of course. Nothing he says now is binding.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Not sure where to put this but Dreger says the two names he's hearing for GM of the "Young Guns" World Cup team are Joe Sakic and Rob Blake.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
If we make a trade with Sabres I would want Johan Larsson. He will become a good 3C I reckon and they have good centre depth

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Ahti Oksanen is just awesome, 24 goals on the year.

Btw, David Quinn made him a forward this year.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Ahti Oksanen is just awesome, 24 goals on the year.

Btw, David Quinn made him a forward this year.

I want Oksanen, wanted him when he was a defender last year. From the reports I've read, if he is going to make it in the NHL it will be as a forward rather than a D. Which works just fine for us, we could use a shoot first forward with some size in the pipeline. I believe that he wants to finish his degree before he signs an NHL contract though, not sure if I just imagine that fact but I am pretty sure I read it somewhere.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Was looking up Denis Parshin stuff and noticed that Sekera went a pick before him in 2004.

Man that really puts it in perspective just how long ago Parshin was drafted. He still seems like a youngish prospect in the back of my mind.

Though sometimes Sekera seems older than he is in my mind too because he's bald and just has an old mans demeanor.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Ahh...

Don't you just love the smell of Trade Forum ignorance in the morning? I know I do!

There is a usual gang of predictable little trolls in every Avs thread. It's becoming rather amusing when you see the same 3-4 username's in every thread. Of course their knowledge of anything Avs stems from the two Avs games they watch per year and hockeydb. I know I am not allowed to give names, but there is a fellow currently discussing MacKinnon who about two months ago expressed shock that Stuart was on the Avs. How are we supposed to take that seriously?

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Man that really puts it in perspective just how long ago Parshin was drafted. He still seems like a youngish prospect in the back of my mind.

Though sometimes Sekera seems older than he is in my mind too because he's bald and just has an old mans demeanor.

haha it was a LONG time ago now. 11 years.

I wonder what his weight ended up being. He's always been listed at 137 on HockeyDB. He would have died in his first NHL game :laugh:

Edit: KHL site has him at 154

Last edited:

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I like that Avs still report how Parshin is doing in their prospect reports on their site.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
What the hell? Tallon agreed to trading the 1st overall pick (Ekblad) for Lecavlier, Brayden Schenn, the 17th overall in 2014, and the Flyers 2015 1st? The owner had to step in and shut it down? That's a terrible trade.

Thats why I eye roll so hard every time the O word gets thrown around in regards to cap situations. It just doesnt happen like people say its going to and when its even attempted there are consequences.
And its also saying PHI nixed the trade?

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
What the hell? Tallon agreed to trading the 1st overall pick (Ekblad) for Lecavlier, Brayden Schenn, the 17th overall in 2014, and the Flyers 2015 1st? The owner had to step in and shut it down? That's a terrible trade.

That's still a lot to give up on the Flyers end.

From the Avs, that'd be like Bleackley, Tanguay, McGinn, and currently 9th overall for Ekblad. That's a lot to give up from Colorado's perspective.

FoppaForsberg*

That's still a lot to give up on the Flyers end.

From the Avs, that'd be like Bleackley, Tanguay, McGinn, and currently 9th overall for Ekblad. That's a lot to give up from Colorado's perspective.

Not really, I'd easily do that deal.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Tallon has always been so obsessed with "competing now." The Panthers are still far away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad