Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Roy doesn't trust Caron and Hamilton in third periods, so adding another player he doesn't trust in third periods down the stretch shouldn't be a big deal.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
What's this, another prospect we've never seen but really want the Avs to sign? Lets do this. Give me Baun!

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
What's this, another prospect we've never seen but really want the Avs to sign? Lets do this. Give me Baun!

Because he's already better than

Cliche, Caron, Briere, McLeod, Mitchell, Hamilton and can probably play defense better than Guenin, Holden, Redmond

So yeah, I'll take him, sight unseen

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
I'm a bit surprised more non playoff teams weren't willing to do that. Let him get his feet wet this season and then if he plays well next season, he'll deserve the raise.

well the thing that makes most sense is that other teams weren't that high on him.

but still, it's not like it would hurt them much. medium risk-low reward.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Someone who understands Czech or google translate better than me can take a stab at this but it's from Hejda saying he's 80% sure he's back next year and that he's exchanged contract ideas with the Avs.

http://hokej.idnes.cz/hokej-nhl-jan...s-2015-ph3-/nhl.aspx?c=A150323_140551_nhl_cig

I think this fits with what I've been thinking, they are keeping their options open. They know what it will take to sign him and will do it if that's what they want.

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
Someone who understands Czech or google translate better than me can take a stab at this but it's from Hejda saying he's 80% sure he's back next year and that he's exchanged contract ideas with the Avs.

http://hokej.idnes.cz/hokej-nhl-jan...s-2015-ph3-/nhl.aspx?c=A150323_140551_nhl_cig

I think this fits with what I've been thinking, they are keeping their options open. They know what it will take to sign him and will do it if that's what they want.

I've been saying that a Hejda - Barrie pairing isn't the worst thing that can happen to improving the D. If he can get sheltered more and play less and be more effective down the stretch, then great. The way that I am judging the matter of improving the D is if Guenin gets pushed out of the lineup. I'm sorry to say that one of, or maybe both, of Holden and Stuart will be there next year. Roy loves that pairing. Stuart has actually been playing solid in EJ's absence. To say he screwed up their playoff chances is ridiculous, look at the first month and a half of the year.

X - EJ
Hejda - Barrie
Holden/Stuart - Stuart/Redmond

Not bad. Better than this year. Could be better though. The big question is, who's that X going to be.

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
If the Avs are not at least in on Kyle Baun, I would be shocked.

Roy has talked about the need to get bigger up front. Ideally I think he would like to add a 3rd/4th line center with size, but Baun checks that box. He is young. He will be relatively cheap. He costs nothing in terms of picks/prospects/futures.

Sakic should be reaching out to him personally with the indication that the Avs will allow him to burn a year of his ELC this season and he will get serious ice time with either Duchene and Iggy or Lando and O'Reilly in the final games of this season.

As a winger, Colorado should be a prime destination for a young player looking to prove himself. If you have any talent, you will be playing with either Duchene, O'Reilly, or Mac at center and Mac/O'Reilly/Lando/Iggy/Tanguay on the other wing. In the worst case situation, Baun would play with McGinn/Tanguay and Mitchell, which is not a horrible way to start your career either, as you will put up points. You also have arguably two hall of famer wingers to learn from in Tanguay and Iggy on the roster, both of whom have limited shelf life --- meaning you get to learn from them and not worry about them holding you back on the roster.

Or, you could go to Toronto for the same money....and play with...uh, Kadri or Bozak....unless one or both get traded.

Last edited:

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
I'd love to see them get this kid. Although there is a question of having way too many 3/4th liners and how the team is going to sort though all their contracts.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I'd love to see them get this kid. Although there is a question of having way too many 3/4th liners and how the team is going to sort though all their contracts.

It depends. Lately they've had two bottom 6 lines of 4th liners and guys who shouldn't even be in the NHL. Contenders often have two bottom 6 lines of 3rd liners. Everberg is the only guy who is a capable 3rd liner out of all the guys who played in the bottom 6 over the last few weeks.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
It depends. Lately they've had two bottom 6 lines of 4th liners and guys who shouldn't even be in the NHL. Contenders often have two bottom 6 lines of 3rd liners. Everberg is the only guy who is a capable 3rd liner out of all the guys who played in the bottom 6 over the last few weeks.

Thats true, but they still have all these guys under contract next season and will need to sort through it. Will be interesting to see how they handle it. Top 6 is more or less set barring trades with Duchene, Landy, Iginla, O'Reilly, Mack, and Tangs.

But bottom 6 has Mitchell, McLoed, Everberg, Bordy, Cliche, McGinn, Rendulic, Winchester, and Hamilton already under contract for next year, plus Hishon and Caron as RFA's (and Briere as a UFA, but I highly doubt he factors in). So, they already have 9 guys fighting for 7 roster spots, plus other options under team control, and the possibility of adding Baun. I'm not saying it's a great group, but it's a crowded group for sure.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
The Avs were always a hot topic in 30 thought last season. I think they were mentioned once this year. I know the team has had an underwhelming season and all but it just sucks not seeing the Avs as part of the hockey talk around the media.

they have been mentioned more often than that but yeah.

i guess they still operate like KGB and don't leak stuff. anything avs related rumors usually come from other teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad