Impact Thread - Make Amarikwa Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

I would absolutely love it if they have pink and black. I'm a big fan of different colours identifying with a team. I know black, red, and blue are used by multiple teams, but I love when I see OCSC with purple and Timbers with that forest green and Houston with the orange.

Reactions: QuebecPride

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
I'm scared of D.C.
i7OY8TH.png

It's going to be a fun race for the playoffs. DC and TFC are our biggest competitors for a playoffs spot IMO.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal

I would absolutely love it if they have pink and black. I'm a big fan of different colours identifying with a team. I know black, red, and blue are used by multiple teams, but I love when I see OCSC with purple and Timbers with that forest green and Houston with the orange.

Somebody explains to me why the team name is in spanish?

I know Miami has a very large Latino population, I've been there several times, but this still doesn't make sense being in the U.S of A. NBA team's called Miami Heat, not Miami Calor.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Somebody explains to me why the team name is in spanish?

I know Miami has a very large Latino population, I've been there several times, but this still doesn't make sense being in the U.S of A. NBA team's called Miami Heat, not Miami Calor.

The ownership group, known as Miami Beckham United, is led by David Beckham, his business partner Simon Fuller, and Miami-based Bolivian businessman Marcelo Claure.[1][2] On December 14, 2017, Masayoshi Son and brothers Jorge and Jose Mas were added to the ownership group.

Miami MLS team - Wikipedia

3 out of the 6 owners are Hispanic, and it's clear they want to appeal the huge Cuban and broader Latin community in Florida. Personally, I see nothing wrong with a Spanish name for a team playing in a Latin environment. In fact, I'm actually surprised none of the teams in California did the same. It might very well be that with such a household name for an owner, a bunch of latino-americans flock to cheer for Miami rather than their local MLS team. It also wouldn't surprise me to see American Real Madrid fans adopt Miami as their own team due to the Beckham connection.

Talking about latin-americans, Silva did an interview with Dave Lévesque Il n’y a pas de secret pour Silva

Reactions: ShaMu

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
I just got back from vacations on time to witness another #imfc pissing contest, yay.

I'm not to sure what we're supposed to be basing this on, but I'd strongly diseagree that MLS is a minor league in world soccer. It is one of the most important leagues in the Americas with the top tier of Argentina, Brazil, and Mexico. It's a league which is broadcasted worldwide and which is benefiting from being popular outside of it's own national market, unlike other top leagues like France, or other decent leagues like Greece, per example.

Imo, MLS is a top 10 soccer league in the world, and there are hundreds of leagues.

It's all about what you base it on. To me being a major league means having the best athletes of your sport.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
They're not, but simply for the fact that the league is growing exponentially they shouldn't be dismissed outright like say, the CFL and the AHL, who will never catch up to the NFL and NHL respectively

We have Manziel. :sarcasm:

But I agree, the MLS has the potential to become a major league in a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad