Post-Game Talk: "I'm vengeance"; Habs defeat the Penguin

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Gurianov with the 4th most ice time amongst forwards. Good to see him working hard and fitting in.

THIS
He also got rewarded by being on the ice in the last minute holding on to a one goal lead.

I love how MSL rewards a player not known as being defensively responsible by giving him shifts in the late minutes for a strong performance. Terrific coaching!

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
They played loosey goosey from the get go and yes they can be blamed for not playing a disciplined game thinking they were going to blow us out.

Oh it was pond hockey out there for sure. Sloppy and loose as you say, but also entertaining. I'm just saying with the amout of high quality chances the pens manufactured tonight, usually, on any other night, garners them a W. Monty was outstanding and their goaltending not so much. But in comparison to these other "better" teams playing down to the habs, like Carolina for example a few nights ago, it's not even in the same ball park. Pens wanted to win, they played hard albeit sloppily.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Oh it was pond hockey out there for sure. Sloppy and loose as you say, but also entertaining. I'm just saying with the amout of high quality chances the pens manufactured tonight, usually, on any other night, garners them a W. Monty was outstanding and their goaltending not so much. But in comparison to these other "better" teams playing down to the habs, like Carolina for example a few nights ago, it's not even in the same ball park. Pens wanted to win, they played hard albeit sloppily.
It wasn't effort it was a poor strategy given they needed the points more than we did.

Reactions: HabbyGuy

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
The one guy that probably made the biggest difference this season all things considered. We'd actually be where I was hoping to be if Wideman had half his minutes. :sarcasm:
Best bang for buck player on the Habs. 760K caphit for another couple seasons. Good temporary dman to have in your pocket.

Reactions: jrom and Rapala

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Guy Boucher is the biggest Debbie Downer, they should ditch him and bring in someone else
HlPIFVo.gif

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
Montembeault deserves much respect for his improvement from last season. Habs have themselves a good goalie on their hands.
Just finished the game now as I didn't realize it was an earlier start.

It's unfortunate we won for the tank considering everything the pens threw at the habs tonight. However Monty was unreal tonight and you could tell that everyone on the habs wanted to snap this losing streak. The fact they did it tonight in a back to back against the pens deserves credit anyway you want to slice it. It was a gutsy win.

A few other thoughts. I know some have made up their mind on Gurianov already, but i'm still very much intrigued by his upside. I'm looking forward to what he will show us for the rest of the season.

I know I'm going to take some flack for this, and I can totally understand just wanting to move on and put the whole Drouin thing to pasture. But I would not be totally upset with the habs giving him a cheap one year deal and see if he'd accept. I know, I know. But I really think he can be productive in the way MSL wants the habs to play, he has speed and his skill is undeniable. The problem with Drouin isn't really production, it's keeping him on the ice in my opinion. Offer him a one year deal, hope he stays healthy and you have a pretty nice trade chip and next years TDL.

Matheson is quickly rising up my ranks as favourite player on this team. He's just so fun to watch.

Anderson has been outstanding this last month or so, loving his play. There's no way I trade him without a kings ransom coming back.

And finally, don't tell my wife, but my goodness Tessa (TSN) is so attractive. YUMMY!! :)
And she’s really smart too!!!!

• Love
Reactions: HabbyGuy

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Kovasevic is a +5 on a team that is -70. He deserves to be part of this conversation
Ill give you that.

But to me +/- isn't a super meaningful stat, and a dman that brings no offence doesn't have a place on a contender lineup.

For now he's fine, but within a year or two he needs to be pushed out of the lineup if we want to get somewhere.

Reactions: Tyson

MON4NHLTOR4MLB

Oct 3, 2019
Screw this team. Would’ve been a perfect tank night but they can’t help themselves but blow it and steal one. Unbelievable

Reactions: Rozz

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Ill give you that.

But to me +/- isn't a super meaningful stat, and a dman that brings no offence doesn't have a place on a contender lineup.

For now he's fine, but within a year or two he needs to be pushed out of the lineup if we want to get somewhere.
Being on the plus side for a guy that doesn't bring a lot of offense while playing on a tire fire team is actually even more impressive!

Kovacevic is definitely having a hell of a season on the individual side. He's made the big league finally and he's going to stay up for foreseeable future IMO.

Reactions: Tyson and SB164

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Habs win third of the season against Pittsburgh. For some reason we play well against the Pens. Going back to the Bubble.

Monty proving to be solid NHL goalie. Team plays better with Barron in lineup. He made nice stretch pass to Richard for game winner. Edmunston with goal and an assist. I thought he played well against Colorado also. Ylonen with nice wrister on Habs first goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad