Post-Game Talk: "I'm vengeance"; Habs defeat the Penguin

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Damn. Pittsburgh is one of those teams I don't mind losing to but the Habs swept them this season? How?!!

Ylonen is definitely the next Lehkonen. Could be the better player too hopefully
He's nowhere as good defensively.

Lehkonen's ability to kill plays and be first on the puck all the time was exceptional.

Reactions: dcyhabs

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Nope, too cryptic for me. Say what you really mean.

;-) Well said sir.
I just arrived in Hawaii.. and effing Habs start my holiday with a useless win against the pens: double whammy bc it gives panthers hope too.

It just goes to show that a relatively disfunctional AHL team can pretty much beat anyone. Fine line to tow to become a contender, shouldnt take 5 years.

Next year Habs will be vying for a wild card spot.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
I just arrived in Hawaii.. and effing Habs start my holiday with a useless win against the pens: double whammy bc it gives panthers hope too.

It just goes to show that a relatively disfunctional AHL team can pretty much beat anyone. Fine line to tow to become a contender, shouldnt take 5 years.

Panthers hope is not the pens it’s the islanders there 3 pts back with two games in hand. The pens have created seperation 5 pts up same gp

Reactions: themilosh

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Barron definitely showed some flashes of that 1st round-selection pedigree tonight!
The hilights of the game, shows his talent, both of those assists were awesome!
We have some terrific kids on the back end......

Barring the insane injury bug, this will be a bubble team for sure....

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
When will NHL coaches learn that when your goalie doesn't have it early, you pull the plug early?

Penguins win going away if they take Jarry out at 3-2 at the latest.

Reactions: BLONG7

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I’m so old I pretty much invented the whole ‘rebuild’ for a top pick discussion back about 15 years ago. I used to argue against the whole board for a rebuild.

I still feel this way. Rebuilding works. Top picks are the key.

But, that doesn’t mean you should turn the GDT into an us vs them battle. And that’s what always happens. f*** that.

We have a rebuild thread. Go there and whine about Suzuki getting a hat trick. Don’t do it in a thread where people are watching their team live.

This is not a big ask.
I can confirm that LG would drive the board nuts about rebuilding.

• Haha
Reactions: Habs10Habs

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Can't believe Pens gave this to Montreal. Reminds me of the play-in. Glad at least Edmundson is starting to pad his stats.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
Excited for next season, I’m tired of cheering for losses. We also could potentially be rolling out a pretty revamped roster

Caufield -Suzuki- Dach
Anderson - Dubois -Slafkovsky/Farrell
Gurianov - DVo - Slafkovsky/Farrell
Armia - Evans - gallagher
RHP- Pezz- Ylonen

Is a pretty good forward core to start the year

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Excited for next season, I’m tired of cheering for losses. We also could potentially be rolling out a pretty revamped roster

Caufield -Suzuki- Dach
RHP- Pezz- Ylonen

What did you give up to get Dubois?

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
Why the f*** did they win this game..... awful for the draft!

6 goals?!?! Damn you Sidney!!!

nearly a perfect tank night except for stupid us and the flyers losing to the knights. Otherwise it was a perfect night!

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018

Caufield -Suzuki- Dach
RHP- Pezz- Ylonen

Pretty good for finishing about 22nd overall yeah

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Prettiest goal of the game. What a pass by Barron!

mzOiHz4.gif

He had to do it for his boy Crosby

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I tuned in to watch the puck drop at like 7:15pm, thought I caught the start of the game, turned out Pittsburgh scored 30 seconds in and they were dropping the puck. I think "oh man this is going to be a long night". Pittsburgh scores again quickly, I consider turning it off, but Montreal answers right back.

I decide to keep watching, from that moment on the team kept playing awful but every shot they took went in, I couldn't believe it. Fun game to watch.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Gurianov reminds me a lot of Andrei Kostitsyn, he's a tank, can skate, has good hands and a very hard shot, but can be frustrating to watch at times due to the inconsistency.

MSL is the perfect coach for him to help him improve offensively, I'm not expecting him to be a top line guy but I won't be surprised if MSL can improve his confidence and turn him into a 40-50 point guy.

Reactions: BLONG7 and the

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad