Post-Game Talk: "I'm vengeance"; Habs defeat the Penguin

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Weird game. 4 goals on like 7 shots in the first. Good to see the Habs battle back and win. Pens probably not happy with the goaltending, but that's for them to figure out. Habs did well to take advantage.

Reactions: rik schau

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Right now we're 10 pts back of that, or 5 wins, do we really think that getting Dach, Dubois, and Caufield back we wouldn't have more then 5 wins right now
Why do you want that is what I don’t understand lol

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
Why do you want that is what I don’t understand lol
I can't do another tank year and want to see them start winning again. If they end up failing due to the youth not stepping forward it happens but I dont think that'll be the case with us next year. I'm tired of cheering for goals from other teams and want to be cheering for caufields later

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Gurianov reminds me a lot of Andrei Kostitsyn, he's a tank, can skate, has good hands and a very hard shot, but can be frustrating to watch at times due to the inconsistency.

MSL is the perfect coach for him to help him improve offensively, I'm not expecting him to be a top line guy but I won't be surprised if MSL can improve his confidence and turn him into a 40-50 point guy.

I see some similarities for sure, but out of my limited viewing, I think akost was a better puck carrier... Or at least had better natural puck carrying ability.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
I see some similarities for sure, but out of my limited viewing, I think akost was a better puck carrier... Or at least had better natural puck carrying ability.

Agreed, I think Gurianov would look best with Dach once healthy. Gurianov has a nice quick release and hard shot, while Dach is a pass first guy.. I think they'd mesh well together.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Every win is going to hurt from that perspective.

Guess what? We’re still going to win some games this year anyway. And it will happen whether people want it to or not.

You can either celebrate it in the GDT or lament it in the rebuild thread. Your call. But you can’t whine about it in both.
When I see a shot like the one Ylonen buried last night it fired me up only to have folks bitching that he scored. Enjoy the success of the future Habs!

Last edited:

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
When I see a shot like the one Ylonen buried last night it fired me up only to have folks batching that he scored. Enjoy the success of the future Habs!
When the kids have a good night, we have to be happy!!! Barron, Ylonen, Guriannov had a good night.....
I would imagine had we not had so many injuries, we would have ended up higher in the standings, and we would have drafted in the middle again............a Top 5 pick is coming guys!

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
I can't do another tank year and want to see them start winning again. If they end up failing due to the youth not stepping forward it happens but I dont think that'll be the case with us next year. I'm tired of cheering for goals from other teams and want to be cheering for caufields later
of course it sucks to cheer for the other team but it also sucks to see our team be mediocre for over 20 years i cant even remember the last time we had a superstar forward or even an ppg player we have good depth but need elite talent

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Damn. Pittsburgh is one of those teams I don't mind losing to but the Habs swept them this season? How?!!

Ylonen is definitely the next Lehkonen. Could be the better player too hopefully

Pens give me 2010s Wings vibes. A team with aging talent that can show up and win some nights while also getting outplayed drastically other nights. Im just not sure what to expect from them on a given night.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
There’s kind of a funny perversion in cheering on a team that sucks as bad as we do. It’s almost funny but it’s better than having people come in and be all Debbie Downer when we score.

Some posters mockingly were posting Oleh chants… but it was hilarious. We won a game. Enjoy it. It’s not going to happen often this year.

I get it. I do. We want the top pick. But man… the endless ‘real fan’ stuff is brutal in a GDT. It just doesn’t need to be there. The rebuild thread is there specifically to talk about that stuff. No need to ruin a GDT.
While there is merit to debating the different perspectives within a fan base, I find it very lazy whenever we see "real fan" accusations made against people. There is no such thing as a "real fan". Its just a lazy way to say "people who agree with my view". We are all Habs fans. Some have different expectations and desires for what success looks like. Its important to be respectful of those different views which can be debated and discussed without resorting to labeling fans as "real" and "fake"

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Blew-it GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I hate to tell you, but the atlantic is a very tough division right now and there’s teams with better quality young pieces than us.

We are several high end pieces from being a perennial playoff team.

The last 30 years has been riddled with bubble quality teams, I’d hope Hughes is aspiring for more success than that.

Reactions: LaP

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
I hate to tell you, but the atlantic is a very tough division right now and there’s teams with better quality young pieces than us.

We are several high end pieces from being a perennial playoff team.

The last 30 years has been riddled with bubble quality teams, I’d hope Hughes is aspiring for more success than that.
Oh I agree, but doesn't mean im not going to start next season with hope

GobigorGohome

Jan 31, 2017
Pt Maitland NS
While there is merit to debating the different perspectives within a fan base, I find it very lazy whenever we see "real fan" accusations made against people. There is no such thing as a "real fan". Its just a lazy way to say "people who agree with my view". We are all Habs fans. Some have different expectations and desires for what success looks like. Its important to be respectful of those different views which can be debated and discussed without resorting to labeling fans as "real" and "fake"
Nope .He is right .A Real Fan never ,ever Cheers for Their team to lose.
Ever .
Period Full Stop

JT3

May 27, 2013
Anderson almost looks like a completely different player since the beginning of the year. It's like he has magically gained some vision and awareness. Incredible what MSL has done with him.

That being said, I'm really intrigued to see if he can morph Gurianov into something similar. Still 15 or so games to evaluate, but I'd lean towards trying to get him in on a 1 or 2 year deal to see where it goes.

Reactions: Tyson

junyab

Jan 22, 2013

Yay mediocrity!!!

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Anderson almost looks like a completely different player since the beginning of the year. It's like he has magically gained some vision and awareness. Incredible what MSL has done with him.

That being said, I'm really intrigued to see if he can morph Gurianov into something similar. Still 15 or so games to evaluate, but I'd lean towards trying to get him in on a 1 or 2 year deal to see where it goes.

He'll get signed, there's no risk there to keep developing him.

Reactions: Cournoyer12

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Went through a few hilites and Montreal has been scoring some nice goals on some pretty plays latley,encouraging.Guessing that irks some though.lol.

Reactions: Tetragrammaton

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad