Post-Game Talk: "I'm vengeance"; Habs defeat the Penguin

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
The Pens's defense... Habs should be happy with ours because aside from Letang, I'll take our D over theirs (when all healthy).
We have a good D, they're just young and inexperienced. Guhle Barron Xhekaj and Harris are good young NHL players.

Add Mailloux and Hudson, plus all the other lower-tier guys coming up, we got a bright future at D.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It’s f***ing insane. :laugh:

The sky is falling because we won our first in eight. I mean what the ever loving f***?
I think the insanity has to do with the fact that many believe we shouldn't be in a position where winning our first in eight should be hurting us, But it did.

Reactions: MasterD

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Full disclosure. I used to do the same thing in the GDTs. And it was the wrong thing to do.

Who the hell wants to listen to some guy boo when his team scores in his own GDT?

Nobody. But if you’re going to bitch about us scoring or winning a game, find another thread.

Pretty much everyone agrees with rebuilding. I’m all for getting a top pick. Who isn’t?

That doesn’t mean you should go into a GDT and whine about your own team winning its first in eight games. I mean come on man. :laugh:

Again, go to the rebuild thread. It’s made explicitly for that. Not the GDT.
It wasn't tolerated at first to talk about tanking out of the special thread made or it. I don't know what happened because for a while, it seems that it i snow ok.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
Just finished the game now as I didn't realize it was an earlier start.

It's unfortunate we won for the tank considering everything the pens threw at the habs tonight. However Monty was unreal tonight and you could tell that everyone on the habs wanted to snap this losing streak. The fact they did it tonight in a back to back against the pens deserves credit anyway you want to slice it. It was a gutsy win.

A few other thoughts. I know some have made up their mind on Gurianov already, but i'm still very much intrigued by his upside. I'm looking forward to what he will show us for the rest of the season.

I know I'm going to take some flack for this, and I can totally understand just wanting to move on and put the whole Drouin thing to pasture. But I would not be totally upset with the habs giving him a cheap one year deal and see if he'd accept. I know, I know. But I really think he can be productive in the way MSL wants the habs to play, he has speed and his skill is undeniable. The problem with Drouin isn't really production, it's keeping him on the ice in my opinion. Offer him a one year deal, hope he stays healthy and you have a pretty nice trade chip at next years TDL.

Matheson is quickly rising up my ranks as favourite player on this team. He's just so fun to watch.

Anderson has been outstanding this last month or so, loving his play. There's no way I trade him without a kings ransom coming back.

And finally, don't tell my wife, but my goodness Tessa (TSN) is so attractive. YUMMY!! :)

Last edited:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I think the insanity has to do with the fact that many believe we shouldn't be in a position where winning our first in eight should be hurting us, But it did.
There’s kind of a funny perversion in cheering on a team that sucks as bad as we do. It’s almost funny but it’s better than having people come in and be all Debbie Downer when we score.

Some posters mockingly were posting Oleh chants… but it was hilarious. We won a game. Enjoy it. It’s not going to happen often this year.

I get it. I do. We want the top pick. But man… the endless ‘real fan’ stuff is brutal in a GDT. It just doesn’t need to be there. The rebuild thread is there specifically to talk about that stuff. No need to ruin a GDT.

Reactions: Rapala and HabbyGuy

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
Habs are full of AHLers that play hard. If they win, it's more on the absolute trash teams we play against than the Habs. We can't do much more to tank without it looking deliberate. Pens are not very good. I'm surprised they're in a playoff spot. Shows you what a cluster f*** the league is this year outside of the top contenders.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
Habs are full of AHLers that play hard. If they win, it's more on the absolute trash teams we play against than the Habs. We can't do much more to tank without it looking deliberate. Pens are not very good. I'm surprised they're in a playoff spot. Shows you what a cluster f*** the league is this year outside of the top contenders.

I agree with it being the other teams fault not the habs. But you can't blame Pittsburgh in this one. They threw everything but the kitchen sink at monty but he played great.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Gurianov with the 4th most ice time amongst forwards. Good to see him working hard and fitting in.

THIS

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
There’s kind of a funny perversion in cheering on a team that sucks as bad as we do. It’s almost funny but it’s better than having people come in and be all Debbie Downer when we score.

Some posters mockingly were posting Oleh chants… but it was hilarious. We won a game. Enjoy it. It’s not going to happen often this year.

I get it. I do. We want the top pick. But man… the endless ‘real fan’ stuff is brutal in a GDT. It just doesn’t need to be there. The rebuild thread is there specifically to talk about that stuff. No need to ruin a GDT.
True. The thing is I do believe most here probably have a fair handle on the "real fan" charade. :laugh:

Reactions: Lafleurs Guy

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I agree with it being the other teams fault not the habs. But you can't blame Pittsburgh in this one. They threw everything but the kitchen sink at monty but he played great.
They played loosey goosey from the get go and yes they can be blamed for not playing a disciplined game thinking they were going to blow us out.

Reactions: Tyson

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Every win is going to hurt from that perspective.

Guess what? We’re still going to win some games this year anyway. And it will happen whether people want it to or not.

You can either celebrate it in the GDT or lament it in the rebuild thread. Your call. But you can’t whine about it in both.

Reactions: Tyson

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
why can't we have two GDTs to discuss THE GAME itself (and not necessarily the "Schedule & Standings") in that case?

one for the fans that want a win and one for the fans that want a loss?
Confucius once said ;

Winners vs Whiners , winners vs losers .

" It can't work because losers need winners to be able to whine . Their pleasure is to destroy , but you can't destroy something if it's already destroyed by everybody of the group. Winners don't need whiners because their pleasure is to enjoy the game, a nice play, a goal..."

Confucius was a very good hockey fan. Of course he was a winner, and used to love the Habs

• Love
Reactions: HelloBellyvo

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia