Boston Bruins III-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Good or bad I think anyone as up and down as DeBrusk would have been gone when Sinden was in charge

couple of twists here as to why I see him on the move

Ritchie is clearly a better power play net front guy than DeBrusk ever was

As Cassidy mentioned he had no idea about Ritchie’s mitts

At this point DeBrusk is neither an asset on the powerplay or penalty kill

he’s a inconsistent 5x5 player who teases you at times and is a likeable kid

that’s not going to get you paid and if you are a team you don’t want to

I’m GM I’m not flipping him for Palmeiri due to impending FA and age but Ekholm based on position and extra year before FA and long term belief I could keep him I would be very open

if not Ekholm someone else

Only 14 games in but things have changed as much as on anyone with Jake

a bummer to be honest because I like him and his personality and I accept he’s not Kyle Connor but a 25 goal Dave Christian or even better - Michael Ryder would work

time to explore especially for ME

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Good or bad I think anyone as up and down as DeBrusk would have been gone when Sinden was in charge

I’m GM I’m not flipping him for Palmeiri due to impending FA and age but Ekholm based on position and extra year before FA and long term belief I could keep him I would be very open

a bummer to be honest because I like him and his personality and I accept he’s not Kyle Connor but a 25 goal Dave Christian or even better - Michael Ryder would work

IDK about that. He could be useful in a shooter position on the second PP unit.

Smith - Coyle - DeBrusk
Lauzon - McAvoy

When healthy if they had Grz on PP1 then Krejci slides into Lauzon spot.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
IDK about that. He could be useful in a shooter position on the second PP unit.

Smith - Coyle - DeBrusk
Lauzon - McAvoy

When healthy if they had Grz on PP1 then Krejci slides into Lauzon spot.
Marchand ie getting 3/4 of any power play assuming they don’t score

he gone

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

Although I agree. Debrusk scares me. He's a guy who could really break out if traded. Therefore I feel his value should be high but it'll be tough to get a good return for Sweeney, unless a similar player becomes available. Could u imagine Jake with McDavid he'd a perfect winger, speed and he goes to the net.

Id like to send him to Nashville in a package for Avridsson and ekholm. I wouldn't trade him straight up for either one of Virtanen or Bennet, Jake is still only 24 and has the ability to be a 30 goal scorer in this league and if its with another team, I want a sure fire top six forward or top 4 defenseman coming back or package him for a top 3 forward or top 2 d-man.

Reactions: bbfan419

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Sorry I was goofing around

I had 0.0 insight other then the ‘meh’ part of the bubble playoffs - that was actually true I wasn’t into it all that much but the pandemic and isolation probably factored in
I totally missed the sarcasm. Guess that's what I get for half listening to a work zoom call and half reading the forum! Should probably focus more on one or the other. :laugh:

Reactions: DKH

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Although I agree. Debrusk scares me. He's a guy who could really break out if traded. Therefore I feel his value should be high but it'll be tough to get a good return for Sweeney, unless a similar player becomes available. Could u imagine Jake with McDavid he'd a perfect winger, speed and he goes to the net.

Id like to send him to Nashville in a package for Avridsson and ekholm. I wouldn't trade him straight up for either one of Virtanen or Bennet, Jake is still only 24 and has the ability to be a 30 goal scorer in this league and if its with another team, I want a sure fire top six forward or top 4 defenseman coming back or package him for a top 3 forward or top 2 d-man.
Totally on board with this. I like Jake for the reasons others have laid out. He's an enigma.

If a trade is there that is good, then like many here I would be on board. Which kind of hurts because I like him -- he's enthusiastic and seems like a super nice kid.

However, not that you don't make trades out of fear, I do think it would be wise not to undersell. The kid has talent and ability. If he doesn't turn it into real consistency here, my guess is he will somewhere else.

I'm with you. A one for one deal with Virtanen or Bennett would be a truly shitty trade if you ask me.

Reactions: TCB

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I want no part of palmieri...If they ever traded Vaakanainen and a pick for Palmieri.........It would be just another sickening disaster move for this GM.......
NHL Power Rankings: Ranking the NHL general managers

You mean elite GM per list

welcome back by the way - you had quite the spectacular exit (your choice) and swore us off - good to see SWEENEY & CARLO still holding that special place with you

Reactions: Mantis

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
I'm still holding onto JDB. I know people are really down on him but I have faith he'll turn it around.
My issue with Debrusk is he is so inconsistent. I can see him scoring tonight, and maybe the next couple of games, but then he disappears for long stretches. And its not just goals, his effort is a problem, he floats way to much...

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Steve Yzerman had to buy out both Matt Carle and Ryan Callahan - not sure if he did Vinny as well

Getting Callahan to retire saved Tampa $6 M that came in handy last season

Tampa was brilliant to finish last and grab
Stamkos and Hedman

Reactions: bbfan419
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad