Boston Bruins III-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Root

Feb 22, 2010

Good read. Giving up Lauzon is a hard pass for me. Would do one of Zboril or Gryz, and obviously Vaak (although I doubt the Preds have much interest in Gryz or that Vaak is enough at this point).

I think the hope is to add Ekholm to McAvoy, Carlo and Lauzon and push Gryz to 3rd pair where he probably is best suited with Kevan Miller. Expansion draft becomes tricky but I'm a huge Lauzon fan so maybe others don't see it the same way.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Which is exactly what you do in a negotiation. Your assessment of the player is right, but if you want to make a deal and not get totally boned by the other side, you hype up DeBrusk as much as possible. If I'm Sweeney, I'm looking at Nashville sitting 27th in goals for and I'm saying, "this kid's got 30 goal upside, we've all seen it. help us help you."

Sure, that's what you say in a negotiation, but this is the pros and they have scouts right? They surely know our players nearly as well as we do, so we can tell them whatever we want, but have to assume they know the truth or close to it.

Don't get me wrong...JDB is still a guy who can score. Maybe if you get him a center he gels with he is a consistent producer. All I know is as a Bruin, he's meh. He's the guy with the impressive resume and isn't very good at his job.

Whether it's for Ekholm of whomever, I'd love to see the Bruins move on from him. But it doesn't exactly jive with Sweeney's MO to be proactive or cut bait. So instead we hang on and watch the stock plummet.

Reactions: Gordoff

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Sure, that's what you say in a negotiation, but this is the pros and they have scouts right? They surely know our players nearly as well as we do, so we can tell them whatever we want, but have to assume they know the truth or close to it.

Don't get me wrong...JDB is still a guy who can score. Maybe if you get him a center he gels with he is a consistent producer. All I know is as a Bruin, he's meh. He's the guy with the impressive resume and isn't very good at his job.

Whether it's for Ekholm of whomever, I'd love to see the Bruins move on from him. But it doesn't exactly jive with Sweeney's MO to be proactive or cut bait. So instead we hang on and watch the stock plummet.
He moved on from Donato which was surprising and Heinen plus second rounders Andersson and Lindgren

going after Rick Nash, getting Coyle and Johansson seemed proactive to me

last year at deadline were 8 points up on every team in the league but Sweeney blew it not realizing there was a pandemic coming

hockey may be my third sport but it was obvious to me at the deadline a pandemic was going to likely wipe out season and allow Tampa an extra 3 months to get healthy. Also how did Sweeney not consider the Bubble and Rask with 3 kids under 7

Donny dropped the ball and cost us a * Stanley Cup which is better then none even if it felt like meh watching from the opening game

Riley 88

Jan 24, 2020
Gross

It better be for peanuts, Iv made my feeling known in the past about Palmieri.

Why do I have this feeling it could be Urho Vaakanainen and a pick?
I want no part of palmieri...If they ever traded Vaakanainen and a pick for Palmieri.........It would be just another sickening disaster move for this GM.......

Reactions: 4ORRBRUIN

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

Oh so that's what a quality article on a Ekholm deal looks like :popcorn:

I'll admit that you're right it would hurt, but if I read the article right and something like Zboril + Lauko + 1st was the ask, it wouldn't hurt as bad as I thought. I hate to lose Lauko because I think he's a bit of a sleeper and future middle 6 winger, but I want to see guys Rask, Krejci, Bergeron & Marchand win another one before the core is no more. I also want the young guys (McAvoy, Pasta, Frederic, Studnicka) to feel the high of winning a cup and then crave it every year.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Oh so that's what a quality article on a Ekholm deal looks like :popcorn:

I'll admit that you're right it would hurt, but if I read the article right and something like Zboril + Lauko + 1st was the ask, it wouldn't hurt as bad as I thought. I hate to lose Lauko because I think he's a bit of a sleeper and future middle 6 winger, but I want to see guys Rask, Krejci, Bergeron & Marchand win another one before the core is no more. I also want the young guys (McAvoy, Pasta, Frederic, Studnicka) to feel the high of winning a cup and then crave it every year.
You evil, evil man!!

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
He moved on from Donato which was surprising and Heinen plus second rounders Andersson and Lindgren

last year at deadline were 8 points up on every team in the league but Sweeney blew it not realizing there was a pandemic coming

hockey may be my third sport but it was obvious to me at the deadline a pandemic was going to likely wipe out season and allow Tampa an extra 3 months to get healthy. Also how did Sweeney not consider the Bubble and Rask with 3 kids under 7

Donny dropped the ball and cost us a * Stanley Cup which is better then none even if it felt like meh watching from the opening game

Look I get the sarcasm but are you somehow suggesting that continuing to bang your head against the wall with JDB is the right call? I'd also note that a few of your examples were more "reactive" than "proactive". Nevertheless, there are a few examples of him moving on from younger guys, and that's good right? It's his job to cut bait at the right time. To me, it has felt like the right time for JDB for a while...maybe I'm in the minority there.

Reactions: lopey

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Look I get the sarcasm but are you somehow suggesting that continuing to bang your head against the wall with JDB is the right call? I'd also note that a few of your examples were more "reactive" than "proactive". Nevertheless, there are a few examples of him moving on from younger guys, and that's good right? It's his job to cut bait at the right time. To me, it has felt like the right time for JDB for a while...maybe I'm in the minority there.

Great post

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA

Bullsh*t. Revisionist history at it's finest. The trade deadline was Feb 24th last year. No one was taking Covid seriously then. The first talk of a single game being cancelled wasn't until a week into March, with the season being cancelled later in March. Not a single GM or fan could've predicted A. any league wide shutdown, B. the length of a shutdown, or C. the bubble playoff format on 2/24/20.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
You’re not in the minority. Something that might be going on is that DeBrusk is one of his guys and his 2nd draft pick. When we got Heinen and Donato Chia was still running the show. I’m not saying that is the case and he doesn’t want to move on from him, or at the very least it would be hard for him to do so as I don’t know. I mention this because Friedman and Marek were saying on their podcast that Calgary might be a bit reluctant to trade Bennett because he was the GM’s first draft pick, and he has an affinity for Bennett.

Reactions: lopey

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
Bullsh*t. Revisionist history at it's finest. The trade deadline was Feb 24th last year. No one was taking Covid seriously then. The first talk of a single game being cancelled wasn't until a week into March, with the season being cancelled later in March. Not a single GM or fan could've predicted A. any league wide shutdown, B. the length of a shutdown, or C. the bubble playoff format on 2/24/20.
Are you familiar with sarcasm?

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

I believe it was sarcasm.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I would deal DeBrusk in a deal for Ekholm and actually like Bjork over him

if I could get Ekholm for 5 seasons counting this I would do it

DeBrusk is maddening he’s so inconsistent

Riley 88

Jan 24, 2020
How confident are you in Lauzon, Zboril, and even Gryz come playoff time?

I agree they need to bolster the offense too, but adding Ekholm wouldn’t necessarily mean they can’t make another move to the forward group.
They need to upgrade both spots...Krejci's wing, I hope its Taylor Hall but most want Palmieri...Not me. ....And a number 2 Dman who can run the PP. Gryz needs to be 3rd pairing or part of trades to get these two needs. Ekholm healthy would be fine....although he is not a true PP pointman....

Reactions: bbfan419

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Sorry I was goofing around

I had 0.0 insight other then the ‘meh’ part of the bubble playoffs - that was actually true I wasn’t into it all that much but the pandemic and isolation probably factored in

Reactions: UConn126

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
They need to upgrade both spots...Krejci's wing, I hope its Taylor Hall but most want Palmieri...Not me. ....And a number 2 Dman who can run the PP. Gryz needs to be 3rd pairing or part of trades to get these two needs. Ekholm healthy would be fine....although he is not a true PP pointman....
I’m not sure your disapproval with Palmieri, buts he a good player and would be a good fit with this team.

Hall is a weird case because the talent is there, but it’s just so concerning to me how much he has bounced around in his career. Has a former number one overall pick moved as often as he has? I obviously don’t know for sure and can’t speak from firsthand experience, but something is up with him. I’m not sure he is worth the risk to this group and to the potential cost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad