Boston Bruins III-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
So on Felger and Mazz right now, they're discussing trading for Crosby. Mazz said he would keep Carlo over Pasta, and that Pasta is WAY OVERRATED! The B's will never win a cup with Pasta because he doesn't play tough in the corners. WTF! They sound like a bunch of noob's
They should ask a Leafs fan about how shitty Pastrnak is in the playoffs when he's not injured.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
So on Felger and Mazz right now, they're discussing trading for Crosby. Mazz said he would keep Carlo over Pasta, and that Pasta is WAY OVERRATED! The B's will never win a cup with Pasta because he doesn't play tough in the corners. WTF! They sound like a bunch of noob's
They know nothing about hockey. 2 boobs lol

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
The thing with Crosby is that while none of us could see him being moved, I could see him wanting to finish with a shot at the Cup and that team is in a bit of trouble. And if he did decide to move on, the Bruins do actually make some sense.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I don’t agree with any of that but Pasta has had a fairly disappointing showing in the playoffs in the past few years.

But no I wouldn’t touch Pastrnak for majority of these fantasy trades, especially before Carlo.

Reactions: Gordoff

StrBender

Mar 7, 2005
North Shore, MA
The thing with Crosby is that while none of us could see him being moved, I could see him wanting to finish with a shot at the Cup and that team is in a bit of trouble. And if he did decide to move on, the Bruins do actually make some sense.

That I understand, BUT in Felger and Mazz's opinion there are only three untouchables and Pasta isn't one of them. Although Felger did sound like he wanted to keep Pasta. It was like, trade whoever the Pens want and toss in a couple of first-round picks too!

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
I don’t agree with any of that but Pasta has had a fairly disappointing showing in the playoffs in the past few years.

But no I wouldn’t touch Pastrnak for majority of these fantasy trades, especially before Carlo.
Um Pasta is over a PPG player in the Playoffs. He had 10 points in 10 games last year, 19 in 24 the year before, and 20 in 12 the year before that.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I soured on both of them because of lackluster playoff performances. Seguin’s big game against the Lightning in 2011 not withstanding, I alwayhats felt like he and Thornton both underachieved here in the playoffs. Both have identical 6-12-18 playoff scoring lines with the Bruins.

Although most Bruins didn’t play well statistically in the 2013 Final, I’ve always felt that if Seguin had stepped it up just a bit and lived up to his potential, that series might have gone to a Game 7, or maybe the outcome would have been entirely different. Who knows.

As far as 2021 goes, I’m having a hard time seeing who on the Bruins roster would be able to bring any scoring depth in return. Unlike most Boston sports fans (members of this forum excepted), I know that nobody is going to send us an all-star in return for a bag of crap.

I really want another RW.
I will say one thing about Thornton though, in that 2004 series against Montreal, he was playing with a fractured wrist and broken ribs that he was wearing a flap jacket. mist people would not even be able to breathe. He got both injuries in one of the last games or maybe last game of the regular season, had that not happened I think we beat the scabs that year.

Reactions: rfournier103

Bumper

Apr 16, 2018
(Only) Halfway To Everywhere
Pastrnak used to be a bit overrated, but this season he has really matched his hype to my measurements. Carlo is no slouch and he's probably going to have better career durability. it's hard to differentiate the value across their positions, but the sidekick sports blah-blah MC's opinion is not the craziest take... a year ago. they just don't follow hockey and then they use that defense to insult people who understand it better than them and ask for accountability for their bad takes and rude demeanor around them. fun times? pop sports radio.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
i wish i could find the article but right from the beginning seemed like the bruins knew he was special as a person and decent human being i seem to remember them talking about visiting him at his home and really coming out wishing they can land him . So happy hes a bruin seems really down to earth and even seeing how quickly he shot down the notion of more money speaks highly of his character imo.
The habs pick was right after the Bruins that year and they were taking Pasta if we passed, so happy we took him and the one good thing that came from losing that 2014 series against them, had we won they would have picked ahead of us.

Riley 88

Jan 24, 2020
Thank goodness Sweeney didn’t give Eriksson and Lucic those asinine contracts. Ironically, Benning and Chiarelli, who used to work here, did. :laugh::laugh:
Maybe not but that old regime didnt sign Beleskey and Backes, Trade for Jimmy Hayes and pass on Matt Barzal, That was these guys........And this regime did not Steal Rask, draft Marchand and Pasta.....That was the old regime. Oh and that Cup....That was the old regime also.....Sorry....No comparison. :nod::nod:

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I would deal DeBrusk in a deal for Ekholm and actually like Bjork over him

if I could get Ekholm for 5 seasons counting this I would do it

DeBrusk is maddening he’s so inconsistent
I do it too, but not adding much if anything to the deal, unless they want the rights to JFK and CEhlarik.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Are those two the biggest idiots in sports talk? Maybe we should trade them?

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

You should definitely not listen to Tony Mazz about anything

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
We need to give up a great deal more than JDB to get Ekholm.
Try adding a young dee like Lauzon or JZ to the deal.
This is a good read as a comparable.

Teams Hoping Mattias Ekholm Hits Trade Market
You reference an article that compares Ekholm’s value to Muzzin and Martinez, whom was traded for a 1st and two prospects (Muzzin) and the other traded for two 2nds (Martinez). Yet you claim the Bruins would need to give up “a great deal more than DeBrusk”?

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Hall is toast - there will be a Netflix series down the line how he caught some mysterious virus from Jeff Skinner that turned him into Par Lindholm.

I find it odd DeBrusk sat next to Lindholm and he hasn’t scored either and now no one can even get ahold of Lindholm to look into this / he’s not even on the roster

imagine paying $18 M for Skinner and Hall and getting 0 production
Ice jam. Staring bugs bunny and Gretzky.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Ekholm would be a unbelievably get. Also they could look for some veteran scoring help down the line. It would also take away the sting from losing a D in the expansion. What would Nashville want is another question. If they could expand it further into a blockbuster I would be for it.
Leafs probably give them a first and nylander. Bruins can’t compete with that offer :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad