Boston Bruins III-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I love how some people think Coyle can play 2C... He can barely play 3C at the moment. Good lord he's been awful. 5.25 million per for 4 points so far this year.

This team needs a 2nd line center asap and soon a first line center as Bergeron won't be around forever. All we hear around here is 'Bruins need to find a winger for Krejci' Ever think maybe Krejci is the problem? He has been a terrific Bruin but time has caught up to him. Bruins need to address 2C just as much, maybe more so than addressing 2RW.

I know this might sound silly but maybe Matt Duchene would help? Yes, I know he has a 'bad' contract and not having a great year however, I feel like he has something more to offer in a different situation. His contract runs until he's 35 and makes a tad more than Krejci. Nashville would have to sweeten the pot for sure by adding an Ekholm while Krejci would goes the other way. Again, maybe a silly idea but just a thought.

Debrusk-Duchene-Kase (when healthy) or Studnicka
the only problem now is u need 2 Centers, not just Coyle, because no one knows how long Krejci's out

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
15 games in, it's clear this team needs an injection of goal scoring, the numbers thus far are scary.

Just 3 goals total from the back-end (2 for Carlo, and 1 for McAvoy).

EV goal scoring is concerning. Outside of Marchand, Pastrnak or Smith, no one can be relied upon so far for EV goal scoring. Marchand has 6 EV goals (66% of his total), Pastrnak 3 (50%, and Smith 3 (100%).

Ritchie and Bergeron have 12 goals between them, which seems awfully impressive before you notice that 75% of those 12 goals came on the PP.

Krejci has plenty of assists but zero goals as of yet.

The rest of the F and D group is a motley crew of 2 goal scorers, or 1 goal scorers, or zero goal scorers (lookin' at you Trent Frederic and the rest of the D-corps after 73 and 25.

The Bruins are already a Top 5 defensive team in this league. As of this morning they sit 2nd in the NHL in GAA, and are among 5 teams with a GAA under 2.50. Do they really need to get better at keeping pucks out.

What separates a Boston from a TB (also ranked Top 5 defensively), is EV goal scoring. The Lightning have no less than TEN players who have 3 or more EV goals thus far. And that doesn't include Palat who has 2 but has 4 PP goals.

Whether it's internally (Debrusk, Coyle, Bjork, Kase, etc. ) or externally, this team needs to find some way to produce more goals at 5 on 5, both from the F and the D.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
So you don't want add a guy good for 25G a year?
I would love to add a guy good for 25G a year. If I'm trading assets for it, I'd prefer that he not be on the wrong side of 30 years old.

If you have some analytics that you can share that can prove Palmieri really isn't 30 though, I'll listen.......

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I would love to add a guy good for 25G a year. If I'm trading assets for it, I'd prefer that he not be on the wrong side of 30 years old.

If you have some analytics that you can share that can prove Palmieri really isn't 30 though, I'll listen.......

I get that perspective.

My only counter would be that I think their window is this year and next so, if the only scorers available are in their early 30’s, because the window is so small they may need to take it.

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

He just turned 30 a few weeks ago and I don't understand folks obsession about a players age. We're in win now mode while we still have this core around and Palms would be a huge boost towards accomplishing that. The guy since 2018 among RW's is 12th in goals scored and 30th in points. He's also Top 30 in individual scoring chances and barley outside the top 30 (ranks 32nd) in individual high danger chances. Other notables:

18th in penalties drawn
33rd in hits
39th in takeaways
27th in block shots

The guy is a fringe first liner and plays in all situations and we don't want to give up assets because he's 30yrs and 18days old. To bad we weren't discussing this 19 day ago when he was still 29yr old.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
I love how some people think Coyle can play 2C... He can barely play 3C at the moment. Good lord he's been awful. 5.25 million per for 4 points so far this year.

This team needs a 2nd line center asap and soon a first line center as Bergeron won't be around forever. All we hear around here is 'Bruins need to find a winger for Krejci' Ever think maybe Krejci is the problem? He has been a terrific Bruin but time has caught up to him. Bruins need to address 2C just as much, maybe more so than addressing 2RW.

I know this might sound silly but maybe Matt Duchene would help? Yes, I know he has a 'bad' contract and not having a great year however, I feel like he has something more to offer in a different situation. His contract runs until he's 35 and makes a tad more than Krejci. Nashville would have to sweeten the pot for sure by adding an Ekholm while Krejci would goes the other way. Again, maybe a silly idea but just a thought.

Debrusk-Duchene-Kase (when healthy) or Studnicka

No Duchene ... everywhere he goes teams end up sucking. It's really kind of scary; and I don't believe in coincidences.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->