Boston Bruins III-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Leafs probably give them a first and nylander. Bruins can’t compete with that offer :p

Don't agree, if we are comparing inconsistencies then Nylander is not much better than DeBrusk. Willy does not bring his game every night, is well known for shying away from the physical game, and is just as if not more of an enigma than DeBrusk. DeBrusk gives you more on the wing than Nylander does at the center. He can put up more points than Jake, but only when he feels like it. Jake to me is a harder worker and a more consistent presence on the wing.

Yeah, take a moment and chuckle.

But ask any Toronto fan, they would take DeBrusk in a heartbeat. The entire fanbase has been arguing Nylander for so long that it's irreconcilable between the good and the bad. Either he is a good player that needs consistency or he is useless and needs to go for anyone now. More so than how we are with DeBrusk.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
How many players would teams turn down a one for one for Pasta for? McDavid, Matthews, Mackinnon. Hedman. Makar. Not sure how many others would say no.

It's a really short list. Maybe Draisaitl could be on there. Now, how many players can you name that people would do a one for one for Carlo, and there's the answer. To suggest keeping Carlo over Pasta and that Pasta is overrated is just criminal ignorance and there should be prison time attached to a take like that.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Don't agree, if we are comparing inconsistencies then Nylander is not much better than DeBrusk. Willy does not bring his game every night, is well known for shying away from the physical game, and is just as if not more of an enigma than DeBrusk. DeBrusk gives you more on the wing than Nylander does at the center. He can put up more points than Jake, but only when he feels like it. Jake to me is a harder worker and a more consistent presence on the wing.

Yeah, take a moment and chuckle.

But ask any Toronto fan, they would take DeBrusk in a heartbeat. The entire fanbase has been arguing Nylander for so long that it's irreconcilable between the good and the bad. Either he is a good player that needs consistency or he is useless and needs to go for anyone now. More so than how we are with DeBrusk.
I could argue that debrusks contract is better and easier to move. Nyla fee is grossly over paid. Nylander has a higher upside. But I wouldn’t want his contract. I don’t think the bruins are looking to move debrusk. Just fans want to move him. He is underrated around here IMO. He is a solid winger. Young too. I think bruins might offer their first for ekholm and maybe a prospect. But contenders don’t generally move key roster pieces during the season. Leafs might consider themselves contenders. But I think their defence is too bad to win the cup. I think their division is traSh. They desperately need another top 4 guy. They might just pay more then Boston to get one. Seeing as Boston doesn’t really need one. Ekholms a nice add though. Essentially a huge upgrade on gryz. Gryz might get traded if the bruins add ekholm. Gryz probably gets the bruins a couple draft picks to compensate for losing their first to get ekholm. But again I feel like a team like the leafs will be willing to pay a lot more then the bruins. Unless Nashville really likes one of our prospects then I doubt bruins get him.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
This will be popular:

Bruins have had how many come from behind 3rd period wins? 4? 5?

We in reality should be middle of the pack right now when you look at how we won plus team production! Those saying we're good as is are insane!

We need a legit top 6 forward, a top 6 forward, and maybe a top 9 forward.

Debrusk, bjork,kase need to be moved
Gryz Moore need to be moved

Move those 5 guys, plus picks and manage to get two players, success

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
This will be popular:

Bruins have had how many come from behind 3rd period wins? 4? 5?

We in reality should be middle of the pack right now when you look at how we won plus team production! Those saying we're good as is are insane!

We need a legit top 6 forward, a top 6 forward, and maybe a top 9 forward.

Debrusk, bjork,kase need to be moved
Gryz Moore need to be moved

Move those 5 guys, plus picks and manage to get two players, success

I definitely don’t agree DeBrusk NEEDS to be moved.

Reactions: Bodit9 and bbfan419

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Hall is an effing loser
Clipboard01.jpg

Reactions: bbfan419

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
So on Felger and Mazz right now, they're discussing trading for Crosby. Mazz said he would keep Carlo over Pasta, and that Pasta is WAY OVERRATED! The B's will never win a cup with Pasta because he doesn't play tough in the corners. WTF! They sound like a bunch of noob's
Mazz is a shit-4-brains. Boston Sports radio is 88% Patriots, 10% Red Sox, 2% everything else.
WBZ has the "Saturday Morning Hockey Show" which features Maria from Watertown as their "expert." Their people are woefully ignorant re hockey and the Bruins.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Maybe not but that old regime didnt sign Beleskey and Backes, Trade for Jimmy Hayes and pass on Matt Barzal, That was these guys........And this regime did not Steal Rask, draft Marchand and Pasta.....That was the old regime. Oh and that Cup....That was the old regime also.....Sorry....No comparison. :nod::nod:
OUCH!:laugh:

Reactions: ylekot

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Doubt Forsberg would be moved. He’s on a great contract. Ekholm is intriguing. Still hope Sweeney can land a top-6 wing
Forsberg has 1 year remaining on his current deal @$6mil cap hit. Nashville is cooked and it wouldn’t surprise me if they go full rebuild. He can be acquired, but he won’t come cheap.

Forsberg is a player I’d be willing to overpay for to try to acquire. He’d be a perfect fit.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Hall is toast - there will be a Netflix series down the line how he caught some mysterious virus from Jeff Skinner that turned him into Par Lindholm.

I find it odd DeBrusk sat next to Lindholm and he hasn’t scored either and now no one can even get ahold of Lindholm to look into this / he’s not even on the roster

imagine paying $18 M for Skinner and Hall and getting 0 production
Hall sold out a chance at a Cup for the big-bux and Skinner is a never was. I'm So f*cking glad the Bruins didn't look to sign JS when the lost out on Tavares.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbfan419
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->