Boston Bruins III-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
It is too early to assume Ritchie is your #2LW. It is not too early to assume he is net front on PP1.

It is too early to assume that the Kase/Smith/Studnicka group won't be good enough to fill 2/3 RW.

It is too early to assume that Lauzon/Zboril are going to cut it in their current roles.

It is too early to assume that Frederic can play top 9.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
Going back to the last thread regarding Palmieri, I highly doubt Bjork would be enough. They'd ask for Ritchie or DeBrusk, IMO. I could have egg over my face by the end of the year, but I'd do the latter but not the former. I think Palmieri is better than Ritchie, but I don't want to break up the chemistry he brings, and you trade a 3rd liner (DeBrusk) for Palmieri any day of the week. Same with Bjork if NJ is stupid enough to do that. Of course, I'd hope they'd work out an extension during the negotiations, or at the very least get an idea if he would re-sign here.

Reactions: Gordoff

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
I like the thought of doing a Bjork for Bennett deal.
Debrusk-Coyle-Bennett would be a great 3rd line and adds another bit of nasty to this team.
Rolling out a line up of Frederic, Bennett, Ritchie, Lauzon and Miller is shades of the 2011 cup winning team.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
Going back to the last thread regarding Palmieri, I highly doubt Bjork would be enough. They'd ask for Ritchie or DeBrusk, IMO. I could have egg over my face by the end of the year, but I'd do the latter but not the former. I think Palmieri is better than Ritchie, but I don't want to break up the chemistry he brings, and you trade a 3rd liner (DeBrusk) for Palmieri any day of the week. Same with Bjork if NJ is stupid enough to do that. Of course, I'd hope they'd work out an extension during the negotiations, or at the very least get an idea if he would re-sign here.
sorry but I dont trade Debrusk for Palmeiri any day of the week.

Riley 88

Jan 24, 2020
Lets stop the Palmeiri talk. We should want no part of that guy. If the Devils want to deal, the kid Wood is a dream for us. He is 26 skates, hits, can score, he is big and nasty to play against....He is the guy i would want.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
free agent at the end of the year and I've watched NJ twice this year and he hasnt looked good at all
yeah, it's always a gamble with rentals. haven't seen any NJD games this season, so i can't comment on how he looks currently but he is definitely off to a slow start.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I like the thought of doing a Bjork for Bennett deal.
Debrusk-Coyle-Bennett would be a great 3rd line and adds another bit of nasty to this team.
Rolling out a line up of Frederic, Bennett, Ritchie, Lauzon and Miller is shades of the 2011 cup winning team.

What makes Bjork work with Coyle is zone entry ability. Bennett playing on his off wing is another guy that heads to the net like DeBrusk. Don’t think it matches.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
It is too early to assume Ritchie is your #2LW. It is not too early to assume he is net front on PP1.

It is too early to assume that the Kase/Smith/Studnicka group won't be good enough to fill 2/3 RW.

It is too early to assume that Lauzon/Zboril are going to cut it in their current roles.

It is too early to assume that Frederic can play top 9.

I'd say all these statements are fair. I'd even throw another name into the RW mix and that's DeBrusk. He played RW w/ Marchy & Bergy, maybe he could do it with Coyle/Frederic or Ritchie/Krejci.

Reactions: wintersej

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Lets stop the Palmeiri talk. We should want no part of that guy. If the Devils want to deal, the kid Wood is a dream for us. He is 26 skates, hits, can score, he is big and nasty to play against....He is the guy i would want.
I've personally never seen the infatuation with Palmeiri. Price to acquire him is going to be acquiring a first line player (which he is basically one of NJ's top wingers, albeit a UFA 1st liner, still price won't be cheap). He is put in a lot more positions to succeed there because he is higher on the depth chart. I'm just not sure how well he matches his numbers if thrown in here. The cost to acquire him, him being a UFA, and the big question (will he mesh with Krejci), I can deal with 2/3 of those things and taking the risk, but all 3 of those things make me hesitate on that.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
Like the speed those wingers bring. That, coupled with Coyle's puck control, could make that an effective line. Like to see JDB heading for the net in the O zone.
Wish one of them shot more/better but yeah, definitely some potential there

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I've personally never seen the infatuation with Palmeiri. Price to acquire him is going to be acquiring a first line player (which he is basically one of NJ's top wingers, albeit a UFA 1st liner, still price won't be cheap). He is put in a lot more positions to succeed there because he is higher on the depth chart. I'm just not sure how well he matches his numbers if thrown in here. The cost to acquire him, him being a UFA, and the big question (will he mesh with Krejci), I can deal with 2/3 of those things and taking the risk, but all 3 of those things make me hesitate on that.

Palmieri has not played with someone to the talent level of David Krejci. You'd be adding another Craig Smith type whose going to give you 20+ (in Palms case 25+).

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Palmieri has not played with someone to the talent level of David Krejci. You'd be adding another Craig Smith type whose going to give you 20+ (in Palms case 25+).

In a shortened season where there are about 30-ish games left, and Palmieri hasn't scored a single goal this season? David Krejci is good, but there's been history if him not meshing well with everyone that comes here, and unless Palmieri is here beyond the remainder of this season, I'm really not into rentals.

Unless NJ has lowered their ask from previous years (which is possible), likely a reason why it didn't happen in previous years, when the Bruins were rumored to have been interested. I'm still not paying a premium for him, that's just me, but maybe Sweeney looks at it differently.

Someone else mentioned it, but if I'm calling NJ, it's about Miles Wood.

CrownofThornton

Jul 8, 2012
Although he’s shown great work ethic, and an ability to at times play well in this league, I feel like I’m not at all as high on Debrusk as everyone else around here.

Game winning SO goal aside (and prior to injury), I feel like he’s been pretty much invisible.

I don’t know if I feel worse for Krejci or Coyle depending on who gets stuck with him on their line at any given time. Same thing with Bjork.

Palmieri would be a nice addition to this team.

Reactions: Gordoff

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
In a shortened season where there are about 30-ish games left, and Palmieri hasn't scored a single goal this season? David Krejci is good, but there's been history if him not meshing well with everyone that comes here, and unless Palmieri is here beyond the remainder of this season, I'm really not into rentals.

Unless NJ has lowered their ask from previous years (which is possible), likely a reason why it didn't happen in previous years, when the Bruins were rumored to have been interested. I'm still not paying a premium for him, that's just me, but maybe Sweeney looks at it differently.

Someone else mentioned it, but if I'm calling NJ, it's about Miles Wood.

Put Palms with Coyle and DeBrusk then and keep the Krejci line as it is now. If you want to talk about paying a premium then Wood is going to be that guy. Don't get me wrong I'd love to have Miles on this team, but it won't be cheap as he's having a monster breakout year. He still only 25yr old, signed next year and still an RFA when his next deal is up.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
What makes people think Wood would be available anymore? His style and this production make him pretty valuable. The only thing is track record which hasn’t been there at this level.

I’m going strictly by the stats so hopefully @LouJersey can answer how’s he been this year, play/style/consistency wise.

Reactions: Gordoff and Number8

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Palmieri is a good player but at this stage he’s about as good as Craig Smith. Smith is great but not worth Jake DeBrusk great. I like our forward group.

Reactions: bbfan419
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->