Player Discussion IIHF U18's Thread

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Podkolzin has been a terror in this game.
Matthew Boldy is Reinhart incarnate.
Alex Turcotte is as advertised.
Caufield having trouble being effective against a physical and tight checking Russian team.

Agreed all around. If they had different circumstances (RoR still here), I think I would push harder for Boldy. He just gets it. And Podperson I think would be my pick at 7 if he's there.

chaoshockey

Mar 3, 2019
Shots are completely lopsided. 15-7 USA. USA looked better in the latter half of the 1st period. We'll see if that sticks in the 2nd.

Reactions: Chainshot

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Boldy scores and now is tied for tournament lead with 9 points. Not a bad option at all.

If we don't go Caufield early, one other small guy I would like with the later 1st is Bobby Brink. Just made a great fake shot-pass to Boldy for the goal. Showing lots of skill.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Boldy scores and now is tied for tournament lead with 9 points. Not a bad option at all.

If we don't go Caufield early, one other small guy I would like with the later 1st is Bobby Brink. Just made a great fake shot-pass to Boldy for the goal. Showing lots of skill.
I like Brink too. Plays bigger than his size a bit.

Reactions: mrbazman

chaoshockey

Mar 3, 2019

Brink is such a beast. In his 43 games in the USHL this year with the Sioux City Musketeers, he was on for 52% of all the goals his team scored and was 35-33-68. I'll be very surprised if someone doesn't take him in the 10-15 range.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad