Player Discussion IIHF U18's Thread

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Knight has not looked great at times this tournament.

Boldy is up to 11 points for the tournament.

Baz sent me down that path - he wanted to know why someone who doesn’t have dominant numbers is so well regarded. He has amazing feet but I am not impressed.

Boldy is someone my eye is drawn to like vintage Hecht.

Last edited:
Reactions: jBuds

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Baz sent me down that path - he wanted to know why someone who doesn’t have dominant numbers is so well regarded. He has amazing feet but I am not impressed.

It will be interesting to see if he goes in the first.

This won't be a great last impression he leaves on scouts.

Boldy is someone my eye is drawn to like vintage Hecht.

What forward on the US team hasn't been eye catching so far?

Reactions: Chainshot

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Is there any chance Brink falls to our 2nd pick?

And what time does this Canada game start?

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Jameson Rees is going to be flying up boards. Has that Marchand/Gallagher type game that everyone wants.

Newhook has top shelf skating and skill. There are about 15 guys that could go top 10 and those teams just out of the top 10'have to be thrilled with that.

Pelltier has electric talent as well. Might be in that 15-25 range.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Maybe my Finnish coworker who asked for no spoilers would appreciate it if I saved him from watching this?

I had intentions on watching this game, but after three straight nights of being up until around 2 AM finishing school work, that wasn’t in the cards this morning. :biglaugh:

Goathead

Jan 28, 2015
Niagara Falls, ON
I really don’t get the hype behind Pod. Watching today’s game he hasn’t been that impressive.

He hasn’t produced much at any other level to this point. Sure maybe the scouts see the tools he has but he can’t even put them together against kids his age. How is he supposed to put his tools together at the NHL level.

I really want nothing to do with him. He’s just way to big of a risk for my liking.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hasekperreault23

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Krebs' goal in the second was puck luck - the Latvians won the draw but the puck bounced toward the net, hit the LD and went 5-hole for the Nats' 2nd.

The Czechs are giving Sweden fits at 3-2 in the third now, closing to within one on a bad turnover early in the period.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Okay, Knight also has ice in his veins -- I've never seen a goalie stick-handle in front of his own net before.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
This has all the makings of the US team being upset -- missing a lot of opportunities, passing is a bit off, and the Russian goalie has been very good. That SHGA looked Sabre-esque. Both York - twice - and Hughes made mistakes.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
U.S. has great perimeter game. Too bad they won't go to the net. Hughes and Caulfield look great as long as they stay far from the net and the boards. Boldy looks ok and so does Turcotte. Knight has great anticipation, positioning, but stick handling with the puck is stupid and arrogant.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Took a power play to do it-5 0n 4 but they finally got closer to the net!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad