Player Discussion IIHF U18's Thread

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Krebs lacks the sex appeal but you appreciate his game much like a Bergeron. He plays in all situations: PP, PK, up a goal, down a goal.

A guy like Zegras has tons of flash but likely is utilized in an offensive role in the pros.

Boldy has impressed. Big winger that can play at both ends of the ice.

Caufield is a one trick pony but it is a heck of a trick.

I would have liked to see Dach be able to play in the tournament to see him against his peers.

Cozens has the whole package but it seems he really has to think about what is the proper play to make at quick speed.

Podkolzin didn't impress a ton in the tournament. 2 assists isn't the type of production he should be putting up against his peers. Marry that to pedestrian point totals all season and the Russian factor and I could see him drop past 7.

Should be a lot of good choices to pick from at 7.

Reactions: jc17

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Cozens turned the puck over 3 consecutive times on Canada's recent PP. Each team on entry, when he could have easily made a simple play to his supports. It's small things like this that really bothers me with him.

Yep. That's a good illustration of it. The goal he scored was more the exception. There's just a little bit lacking there upstairs. *shrug*

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Caufield winning a board battle leads to Button going on for a few moments.

Maier hasn't been bad today, despite the score. The PK has gone out the window for the Nats.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Krebs lacks the sex appeal but you appreciate his game much like a Bergeron. He plays in all situations: PP, PK, up a goal, down a goal.

A guy like Zegras has tons of flash but likely is utilized in an offensive role in the pros.

Boldy has impressed. Big winger that can play at both ends of the ice.

Caufield is a one trick pony but it is a heck of a trick.

I would have liked to see Dach be able to play in the tournament to see him against his peers.

Cozens has the whole package but it seems he really has to think about what is the proper play to make at quick speed.

Podkolzin didn't impress a ton in the tournament. 2 assists isn't the type of production he should be putting up against his peers. Marry that to pedestrian point totals all season and the Russian factor and I could see him drop past 7.

Should be a lot of good choices to pick from at 7.

Dach not playing is very frustrating. Think about how much we saw from the other prospects...it really helped

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Dach not playing is very frustrating. Think about how much we saw from the other prospects...it really helped

Canada with Byram, Dach and Lavoie would have been great to see. Byram will be gone by 7, Dach could be there at 7 and Lavoie could be there in the late teens if St. Louis pick lands there.

Slangston

Buffalo Sabres
Apr 3, 2003
Western New York
I think I may have witnessed one of the worst calls in this tournament's history lol. Podkolzin should have his first.

Edit: Thank God they reversed it.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
I'm glad the WC's start soon because I'm already in day-time hockey withdrawal.

I'm actually looking forward to it, as well. With Jack Hughes joining the team, their top-9 looks great. Something like:

Gaudreau-Eichel-Keller
DeBrincat-Larkin-P. Kane
JVR-J. Hughes-Kreider

With some talented checking line guys in Colin White, Ryan, Vatrano, and Glendening. I hope they mesh because they could be fun to watch.

Reactions: Chainshot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->