Player Discussion IIHF U18's Thread

sabresandcanucks

Jul 2, 2009
3-3...Tracey from Krebs. Really good rush by Krebs and fantastic pass. Tracey with fantastic dangles down low, buries it behind the Fin goaltender. Krebs playing up a gear to start the 3rd thus far.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
3-3...Tracey from Krebs. Really good rush by Krebs and fantastic pass. Tracey with fantastic dangles down low, buries it behind the Fin goaltender. Krebs playing up a gear to start the 3rd thus far.

That has to be so disheartening for the Finns. But that seems also to be typical of how the Nats play.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
I mean...if we picked Caufield at 7 I could get behind it.

I'm kinda half hoping he starts sucking it up out there though and falls to the potential Blues pick though...

sabresandcanucks

Jul 2, 2009
Krebs the best player on the ice in the 3rd thus far. Gets knocked off the puck a bit too easily but his speed, play-making ability, hockey IQ, two-way game is locked in. Him and Rees driving the ship.

sabresandcanucks

Jul 2, 2009
Tracey again....4-3. Rees with the key play along the boards in his own zone to spring a two on one. Tracey buries it.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Great comeback by the Canadians. As sabresandcanucks mentioned, Rees was a real catilyst for the comeback.

Krebs was good as was Newhook.

Cozens worries me. All the tools, questionable toolbox.

I really like Pelltier. Super skilled, electric type player.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Great comeback by the Canadians. As sabresandcanucks mentioned, Rees was a real catilyst for the comeback.

Krebs was good as was Newhook.

Cozens worries me. All the tools, questionable toolbox.

I really like Pelltier. Super skilled, electric type player.

If we luck in to this ~19th pick scenario... Pelletier is one of my targets.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
USA final and breakdown?

I watched just over 2 periods:

-Turcotte was okay, battled, won some pucks and drew a penalty. He was also robbed of a goal by an amazing save by the Swedish netminder and took a penalty in the offensive zone (common, all the US penalties were at the Swedish blueline or deeper into the o-zone for some reason).
- Caufield finished in a variety of ways and from a variety of ranges.
- Hughes made some mistakes that went the other way, only had one dominant rush that I saw. Maybe he was better later.
- While it won't be liked, Beecher and Boldy were my favorite two forwards for the US.
- Knight's got amazing feet.
- Shockingly, I spent very little time watching the defensemen for the US.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Something about Hughes. He has the elite skill but whenever I watch him I am left scratching my head. It will be very interesting to see how he does next year if he is in the NHL.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Something about Hughes. He has the elite skill but whenever I watch him I am left scratching my head. It will be very interesting to see how he does next year if he is in the NHL.

I'm going to die on the hill that he should just be a winger, not a center.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad