Player Discussion Igor Shesterkin

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Henrik has to be experiencing some freaking, Déjà Vu watching the start of Igor’s career. Crazy.

I feel for him, but I think he’s a bright guy who understands things very well.

I think Henrik can still play, and I also think he still believes that himself as well.

I don’t see him retiring. Either getting traded, or being bought out this summer. He has to know this is Igor’s team now.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
How many games do you have to play to qualify for the Vezina? league leader stats?

Not sure but I'd be willing to bet a large chunk of my hefty mortgage that next year, Igor will be a Vezina finalist.

I was thinking about this earlier and said it on the game day thread, the only goalie in the league I'd definitely take over Igor would be Vaselevsky...that's it.

I'd take him over Binnington, Rask, Hellybuyck, Price, Gibson, Andersson, Bob...you name it, I'd take Igor over them all.

At 24, he's ready to dominate which is perfect for us cause he's going to be in is prime when the Rangers are about to pop. And it's going to be a huge advantage for us when we go to the playoffs seeing he looks like a guy like Hank in his prime, who could steal a series or two.

Amazing that we have a very good chance to have 25 consecutive years of primo top notch goaltending....not too many teams have ever been able to say that ever!.

Now we just need to win a Cup or two for it to actually amount to something...lol

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Henrik has to be experiencing some freaking, Déjà Vu watching the start of Igor’s career. Crazy.

I feel for him, but I think he’s a bright guy who understands things very well.

I think Henrik can still play, and I also think he still believes that himself as well.

I don’t see him retiring. Either getting traded, or being bought out this summer. He has to know this is Igor’s team now.

This is Igors time to shine. I hope the Rangers and Hank can work out a trade so the old man can get one last at the cup.

Last edited:

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I just hope he has the longevity of Hank. He’s been phenomenal so far, but there are lots of flashes in the pan with goalies. If he can do this for 10+ years he might be one of the best ever.

FJB

Jun 30, 2009
I love Hank, but if Igor is the real deal, then I hope they can trade him (and he would have to agree obviously) to somewhere that gets him a Cup. He probably won't win one here in the next couple years. It sucks, but it is what it is.

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009
Just read on TSN, Buch was involved, he is ok but Shesterkin has a cracked ribs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad