Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Emperor works much better than Czar... could we at least go with Emperor

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I don't think there is a goalie in this league who is as explosive as he is laterally. Healthy Bobrovksy might be, but that the only guy I could think of.

Hes never going to have the technique of Hank but there are several things he already does better than Hank ever did. His rebound control has been fantastic.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
Honestly even the goals he lets in aren’t really his fault. It’s mostly just bad defensive breakdowns . I wish we could have that CBJ game back so he could be undefeated and obviously give us more ground to cover in the playoff push

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Honestly even the goals he lets in aren’t really his fault. It’s mostly just bad defensive breakdowns . I wish we could have that CBJ game back so he could be undefeated and obviously give us more ground to cover in the playoff push

I thought the second goal today was weak sauce. But overall I agree.

17 others

Apr 1, 2009
This guy doesn’t lose - at any level. If Quinn rides him as the legit number one the rest of the season I think the rangers are right there to make the playoffs.

Reactions: NYRangers0723

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Check his KHL stats from the last 3 seasons. In his final KHL season, he was 24-4, with a .953 SV% (625/656), with 10 shutouts and a 1.11 GAA. This isn't some flash in the pan, as he dominated the KHL in his final 3 seasons there. In his last 4 seasons as a pro, Igor Shesterkin has lost 17 games total.

And he's been healthy that entire time, yeah? I can't remember him ever missing significant time.

Unreal shit. I love this kid.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
This kid is the real deal. And what’s scary as hell is not only he extremely sound in net he can get the puck out of the zone himself.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Watching him live is so much fun. He does so much that you don't see on TV. Like corraling dump in and starting a break out. You turn to look in the Rangers D zone and he's already out cutting off the puck. He confidently fires the puck out off the glass, he moves so effortlessly.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

Lua

Nov 10, 2010
Troy
From my limited viewings the one single thing that stands out most to me when compared to average goaltenders (besides the obvious, e.g. his reactions and composure) is his anticipation and his willingness to completely bank on his instincts.

We've all seen how willing he is to commit and square up to the open man in blown coverages and it's so ballsy and confident... It really helps compensate for some of our weak defenders—not gonna name any names, but you just love to see it. A breath of fresh air

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
We've all seen how willing he is to commit and square up to the open man in blown coverages and it's so ballsy and confident... It really helps compensate for some of our weak defenders—not gonna name any names, but you just love to see it. A breath of fresh air
Ummm....sure he's been great, but a breath of fresh air? Have you been watching who has been in the net for the last 15 years, dragging teams that had no business being contenders into the playoffs?

Lua

Nov 10, 2010
Troy
Ummm....sure he's been great, but a breath of fresh air? Have you been watching who has been in the net for the last 15 years, dragging teams that had no business being contenders into the playoffs?
Must have missed it in the past 5 years

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad