Player Discussion Igor Shesterkin

Lua

Nov 10, 2010
Troy
Sigh.........Really?
To give you a serious answer to your question, leaving the blue paint to straight up challenge an open man before the puck reaches him has never been Hank's MO, which doesn't even get into the whole handling the puck aspect which Igor is excellent at. Not to take away from Hank's legacy, but Igor's whole game is certainly refreshing, and it's nice to see a goaltender leave the crease and occasionally hit a player's tape who is wearing the correct colored jersey every so often

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
To give you a serious answer to your question, leaving the blue paint to straight up challenge an open man before the puck reaches him has never been Hank's MO, which doesn't even get into the whole handling the puck aspect which Igor is excellent at. Not to take away from Hank's legacy, but Igor's whole game is certainly refreshing, and it's nice to see a goaltender leave the crease and occasionally hit a player's tape who is wearing the correct colored jersey every so often
You DO realize that the chance of him coming close to having the career that Henke has is incredibly tiny?

Reactions: UnSandvich

Lua

Nov 10, 2010
Troy
You DO realize that the chance of him coming close to having the career that Henke has is incredibly tiny?

Of course, Hank is a shoe in for the hall of fame and will retire top 6 in wins all time at worst.

As of right now, Igor leads the league in sv% in front of a bad defense (i know, sample size) and his mobility is a trait Henrik has never had, and it's pretty neat to see. My intention was never to tear Hank down in order to inflate Igor. It just is what it is.

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Last night when he made that glove save I audibly screamed “ oh my god” and started laughing. That’s never happened to me before. And this is after years of hanks. Igor is amazing. I’m a huge fanboy. Every goalie should watch him as a template for perfect style. I used to play goal and watching him is something else. Not much to add here just showing my love.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
Look i appreciate everything Hank has done. I do feel bad that we didn’t give him enough offense to possibly win a cup. And I’m not saying Igor is ever gonna be as good as him but I’m fairly confident that we have a bigtime goalie on our hands. I mean between his glove and the way he handles the puck is pretty unique. So far no team had really been able to shake him. Even the 1 loss he has was just one of those things that went down to the wire

trueblue30nyr

Jan 31, 2011
Manhattan
Listen, I love this kid. I think he's the real deal. And, as unfortunate as it is for Hank (whom I absolutely love), Father Time catches up to everyone. That being said, the one thing that really separated Hank from everyone, aside from sheer talent, is the lack of injuries he suffered. The only thing that comes to mind is the freak accident with McD lifting his protector.

I just hope we have the same streak of luck with Igor because we have another gem on our hands.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
We are so fortunate,as fans,to go from Hank right to this kid.We are unbelievably lucky in that regard.
We basically went from Richter to Hank to this kid. We are very lucky. The more interesting thing is that kid Wall has been touted to be great too. We are very fortunate. Great goal tending that always been a stable of this franchise, at least in my life time.

Giacomin to JD to Bezzer, to Richter, to Hank to Igor. The stop gaps have been few and far between.

Reactions: mrmovies779

SickNice

Oct 7, 2005
Hoboken, NJ
We basically went from Richter to Hank to this kid. We are very lucky. The more interesting thing is that kid Wall has been touted to be great too. We are very fortunate. Great goal tending that always been a stable of this franchise, at least in my life time.

Giacomin to JD to Bezzer, to Richter, to Hank to Igor. The stop gaps have been few and far between.
well, that "basically" between Richter and Hank was pretty terrible for 7 or 8 years

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY

9LjJV7.gif

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The most amazing thing about that stat for Igor is the team he's playing for has a shitty defense and this season is the highest-scoring season in ages as far as I know. Not like this is the dead puck era.

Reactions: Lias Andersson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad