Player Discussion Igor Shesterkin

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I’d let my athletes back playing after 10-14 days from a non-displaced rib fracture. Range of motion and breathing is the most important thing. We would add additional padding and test it out. The biggest challenge is conditioning and breathing Bc of the discomfort.

Always appreciate your comments in the injury threads. Any thoughts on the Kreider front or not enough information?

Captain Midnight

@Traveling_Sports_Doc
Jun 22, 2018
Boulder, CO
Always appreciate your comments in the injury threads. Any thoughts on the Kreider front or not enough information?

Happy to help. I feel very fortunate to be able to do what I do and hopefully can give some sort of insight.

Walking boot is a good sign and especially if surgery is not needed. If that’s the case then 4 to 6 weeks is still the timeline.

Six weeks is usually the time frame but sometimes we can get some of our guys back earlier just because of the hockey boot giving some sort of stability. He certainly is going to have to wear something to cover that up in case he gets hit again in that same spot.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Holy shit if he’s ready to go Saturday the playoff push is back on track. Georgiev has to win this game tonight. Has to do it.

Reactions: romba

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Holy shit if he’s ready to go Saturday the playoff push is back on track. Georgiev has to win this game tonight. Has to do it.
iu

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I have very little doubt in this team with Shesterkin in net he’s that big of a game changer for this club. As he was for Hartford as he’s been in the K. He’s just dominant.

how many of the final 15 games he can play is question but If I’m DQ he plays them all Until we’re officially in or pretty much out

Reactions: duhmetreE and romba

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I have very little doubt in this team with Shesterkin in net he’s that big of a game changer for this club. As he was for Hartford as he’s been in the K. He’s just dominant.

how many of the final 15 games he can play is question but If I’m DQ he plays them all Until we’re officially in or pretty much out
I think we win 2 out of 3 with him. It doesn't matter but goalies were the difference in the last 3.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I think we win 2 out of 3 with him. It doesn't matter but goalies were the difference in the last 3.
Goalie apologists will always say 'yea well, you don't score enough then you can't win', as if goalies preventing goals matters not. Like all goalies are interchangeable- 'would Igor really have made a difference??' f*** yea. He would have.

DaBadGuy7

Dec 28, 2004
Newark,NJ
I would hold him out until the game against Dallas on Tuesday. Give Georgiev or even Lundqvist one last start vs the Devils.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

Is it? We're still playing a crazy tough schedule. Shestyorkin isn't going 23-3 or something this season haha
In terms of rest, our remaining schedule isn’t that bad. For example, the Capitals are on the 2nd night of a B2B tonight, and the next game against the Devils will be the same.

5 games opponent on B2B
2 games Rangers on B2B

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->