Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Very glad to hear that, but I hope they remain patient.
I’m no doctor but is it something they really have to be THAT patient with? A rib isn’t something you typically injure in hockey, there’s not going to be any contact that’ll come near to touching his rib. I don’t think there’s much risk involved, it’s just whether it still hurts. It’s not like playing on a fractured ankle or something

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I’m no doctor but is it something they really have to be THAT patient with? A rib isn’t something you typically injure in hockey, there’s not going to be any contact that’ll come near to touching his rib. I don’t think there’s much risk involved, it’s just whether it still hurts. It’s not like playing on a fractured ankle or something

It's more the discomfort a rib fracture causes. The slightest movement can result in sharp pains in the chest area because of it.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Have you ever had rib issues? Not even a break, but a strain. Any movement the wrong way causes pain. I am thinking that taking shots from pucks and moving latterly would not be easy.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Oh we're back to the old "Even if he's cleared by the doctors to play he shouldn't play because I'm more of a medical expert than the doctors" argument?
Not sure where you are deriving that from. You can be cleared to play, but that could also just be a pain tolerance thing. How much can you take?

Again, having experienced bruised and strained ribs (not even broken), I can tell you that as much as sneezing caused pain. To take nothing from having to move laterally quickly and frequently.

Reactions: Kovalev27

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
If he’s skating and taking shots even low ones that can’t be a serious fracture. It’s hard to even breathe with a Real rib fracture. I’d know believe me.

so for him to be skating? A few days later? This has to be a scratch. Maybe he is back next week. Can Georgiev get us 2 W’s this week? Usually he’s good for 2 out of 3.

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
Non-displaced rib fractures are about pain tolerance after a week or two. I played a college football game with two broken ribs and a hairline wrist fracture (at the same time). A couple of painkiller injections, and you are good to go. I've had no long-term issues with that. Now, shoulders and knees are a different animal. Was lucky not to have any hip problems - those are the worst.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Non-displaced rib fractures are about pain tolerance after a week or two. I played a college football game with two broken ribs and a hairline wrist fracture (at the same time). A couple of painkiller injections, and you are good to go. I've had no long-term issues with that. Now, shoulders and knees are a different animal. Was lucky not to have any hip problems - those are the worst.

Never dealt with fractures, but agree with your comment regarding the shoulders, knees, and hips. Joint injuries are the athlete's nightmare. I have shoulder and knee issues at 33 and it's incredibly limiting even with the best PT. Strength, explosiveness, stability -- all of that starts with healthy joints.

Last edited:

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Id let Igor decide when he wants to play . Probably because I'm not as down in Georgiev as a lot of folks here.

Georgiev is 'hiccup Harry' rather than steady Eddie, as the hockeyrodent used to say, which is actually really good for the teams chances to win more games. One awful game every five is better than being consistently mediocre.

That said, I see shesty as the long run starter

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
If he’s skating and taking shots even low ones that can’t be a serious fracture. It’s hard to even breathe with a Real rib fracture. I’d know believe me.

so for him to be skating? A few days later? This has to be a scratch. Maybe he is back next week. Can Georgiev get us 2 W’s this week? Usually he’s good for 2 out of 3.

We're really going to need those wins this week or playoff odds are going to plummet.

Reactions: Kovalev27

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
hell yea that's the god damn spirit. f***in love it you can play for my team any day

upload_2020-3-2_10-59-31.jpeg

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
We're really going to need those wins this week or playoff odds are going to plummet.

we need AT LEAST 2 of three this week on this homestand anything less and as you said it’s going to be next to impossible to climb out of the hole.

Reactions: bl02

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
You need to win 2 out of 3 this week

2 out of 3 next week

2 out of 3 the following week

And 3 out of 4 the each of the last 2 weeks of the season.

need 12 wins or 24 points. 12-5

98 pts is going to get you in. That’s the number considering we own the tie breakers.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Never dealt with fractures, but agree with your comment regarding the shoulders, knees, and hips. Joint injuries are the athlete's nightmare. I have shoulder and knee issues at 33 and it's incredibly limiting even with the best PT. Strength, explosiveness, stability -- all of that starts with healthy joints.

I broke a rib in a car accident in South Africa back in 2006, and it was uncomfortable to breath for a week or two. After that, it was just slight discomfort when moving. But it depends on the severity of the fracture, and which rib it is

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad