Player Discussion Igor Shesterkin

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
He could have stolen last game if only he managed to score goals too. He made a small mistake that cost the game, but I thought he looked excellent otherwise.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Imo it’s pretty clear Igor is the starter. He’s started 2/3 of the games so far. Not publicly anointing him the starter makes no difference.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
When the team is not scoring and your backup goalie is struggling but in the beginning is playing a ton of games it's a big deal.
Find the the visionary coach that has the magical ability to dictate who does and who does not start slowly. Or when their game can slow down during the season.

Many players have started slowly. So friggin' what?

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Find the the visionary coach that has the magical ability to dictate who does and who does not start slowly. Or when their game can slow down during the season.

Many players have started slowly. So friggin' what?

Why play Georgiev so much then? To be fair Igor started off somewhat slowly too, but he's still the #1.

Reactions: WAIVE BRODZINSKI

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Why play Georgiev so much then? To be fair Igor started off somewhat slowly too, but he's still the #1.
Georgiev played in both games against Boston. You knew that he was going to get in at least 1. Before that, Shesterkin started in 7 of 10. Shesterkin played last night. He is going to play on Thursday. Not really sure where I am seeing the "Georgiev plays so much" narrative.

For the season, Shesterkin has started 70% of the games. What have you wanted to see from a rookie goalie? Henke started 61% of the games when he was a rookie. How did he turn out?

Prepare yourself. Igor is more than likely not going to start both games this weekend.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Georgiev played in both games against Boston. You knew that he was going to get in at least 1. Before that, Shesterkin started in 7 of 10. Shesterkin played last night. He is going to play on Thursday. Not really sure where I am seeing the "Georgiev plays so much" narrative.

For the season, Shesterkin has started 70% of the games. What have you wanted to see from a rookie goalie? Henke started 61% of the games when he was a rookie. How did he turn out?

Prepare yourself. Igor is more than likely not going to start both games this weekend.

Yeah, I didn't realize Igor started 7 of 10 games before, all I saw was that Georgiev started two in a row. Probably not that big of a deal outside of that. Early in the season it was closer to 50/50.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Yeah, I didn't realize Igor started 7 of 10 games before, all I saw was that Georgiev started two in a row. Probably not that big of a deal outside of that. Early in the season it was closer to 50/50.
Early in the season, both goalies were allowing two taped together beach balls to get by them. The team need to find some one to stabilize and quickly. Fortunately, starting on 1/28 Igor did. And is now playing the way we thought he would.

Again, you can tell the confidence level is rising even more when he is shooting the puck out of the zone.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
I have felt personally he needs to get in there and find his game, not keep going back to Georgie so often. I'm not denying both goalies weren't great early on, but I would have preferred he let him work through it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad