Post-Game Talk: WCQF [GM3] Canucks defeat Predators | 2-1 (Miller & Boeser) | In DeSmith We Trust

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
Game Winning Goal goes to

ebff3259763aa83528c5e5e06d2c2498.gif

Wakeboarding is infinitely superior to wakesurfing

Reactions: MS

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
That was the difference for him this game, though. He was much more calm and scrambled less because of it.

He’s truly a vibes-based goaltender.
He still scrambled a ton, maybe we’re spoiled by Demko but man watching DeSmith makes me nervous af

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Should never have been a pinch with three minutes left in the third in a big road playoff game.

All that pressure the last few mins was Hroneks fault. None of it needed to happen we were up by two, play it safe. Not what you expect from the "2nd best" dman on the team.
Hronek made a mistake in the neutral zone but it didn't look like it created an odd man rush going the other way because players were skating back.

Preds gained the zone but that was it. I know hronek was trying to intercept a pass in the neutral zone but failed but I don't think it was egregious. I think he saw players coming back in support

I thought their positioning was ok in the defensive zone until Lindholm skated passed his check and lost evangelista

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Pretty much the opposite of game 2 where the team that clearly "deserved" to win, didn't. Canucks were definitely the better team over the first two games but seemed to really be a step behind in this one.

I don't know how confident I am in DeSmith going forward after that performance but credit where credit is due: he battled hard and won it for us.

Zadorov continued his strong play, perhaps the most consistent Canuck through 3 games with really the only mistake being that puck over glass.

Hronek has been average at best so far. Okay defensively but not really adding anything on offense and terrible decision on that Nashville goal. He did get back but it caused his teammates to scramble including Lindholm who overplayed it trying to come across and cover.

Hughes simply did not look like himself this game. Preds definitely made it a priority to be physical with him but he doesn't seem like the type to back down, so maybe just an off game.

Boeser with a very strong game. Miller was good too but I feel like he's entering the zone and letting go of shots that Saros will save all day. Typically he looks to make a play when controlling the puck on entry, I don't know if this more "direct" approach is really effective for him.

Pettersson made that excellent pass to Hoglander backdoor but other than that was pretty much invisible. Some good work defensively and on the PK though. Mikheyev had a good first period but didn't see much after that. Not much from this line once again.

3rd line had a strong game 1 but not much in games 2 and 3. Joshua appeared to get hurt blocking a shot and although he did come back after missing a few shifts, his skating did not look right to me afterwards.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
He still scrambled a ton, maybe we’re spoiled by Demko but man watching DeSmith makes me nervous af

He’s been like this all year. I was pointing it out even when they were winning with him. It’s who he is. With him it’s the degrees in which he’s scrambling and pulling himself out of the net. It’s part of why he’s not an NHL starter.

Tonight, he stayed in the center of the crease, angled the shots to open spots, and limited his scrambling to more appropriate times. That’s the way he can be successful because he doesn’t have the size or natural ability otherwise.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Good road win was at local pub fans are beginning to get behind this team win one more in Nashville bring it home boys .

Reactions: LuckyDay

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
It's weird being dialed in and giving a shit about hockey games in late April/early May. I forgot what this felt like.

Even though I've been harsh on the boys tonight, they gutted out the win and as pathetic as I say the win was, I'm proud that we're battling hard.

We deserved a much better fate in Game 2 and were given that reward tonight. Now, imma reward myself with some tequila shots, shots shots, shots shots shots.

rea

Feb 8, 2011
Could just be them turning into a shell to protect lead, but if you see the ice times of the players, have to think Mb alot of them fighting the bug. Lindholm lead the fwds by almost 2m over the next closest, and zads n Myers lead the back end

Reactions: Indiana

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Could just be them turning into a shell to protect lead, but if you see the ice times of the players, have to think Mb alot of them fighting the bug. Lindholm lead the fwds by almost 2m over the next closest, and zads n Myers lead the back end
Yeah the ice time is whack, you never seem Hughes play so little unless we are like up 5-0

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad