Attachments

• 7878691D-FEB8-450F-B4E6-2687686E72B2.jpeg
    7878691D-FEB8-450F-B4E6-2687686E72B2.jpeg
    83.2 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: Rangers in 7

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
"In a freak car accident, the souls of two young Russian hockey players were mysteriously traded, turning a mercurial 2nd line winger into a star, and a top netminder into a middling backup"

Starring John Travolta and Nick Cage

lol:laugh:

Aren't they getting a little long in the tooth to play Igor and Buch?

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
Yeah I think he should be playing tonight. Let Gorgie get the next game.

I don't think the coaching staff (and the front office) are willing to just give Shesterkin ice time--even if they think he's going to be the #1. He's going to have to earn it like everyone else.

Also, breaking into the NHL is hard and it gets even harder when most of the league has either played or at least scouted Shesterkin during one of his starts. It's not going to get any easier from here. Shesterkin is going to have to work harder than ever before to be given the benefit of the doubt a #1 goalie gets.

Reactions: CasusBelli

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I'm very pleased by his play the last 3 games. I keep reminding people that Lundqvist had a worse start to his sophomore season that lasted longer. Also, Lundqvist and the team in general early in his career tended to blow 3rd period leads as well. Igor has looked much much better. He made some saves last game where he looked like Hank in his prime. I'm kind of itching for his first shutout, he's long overdue.

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
I'm very pleased by his play the last 3 games. I keep reminding people that Lundqvist had a worse start to his sophomore season that lasted longer. Also, Lundqvist and the team in general early in his career tended to blow 3rd period leads as well. Igor has looked much much better. He made some saves last game where he looked like Hank in his prime. I'm kind of itching for his first shutout, he's long overdue.

Didn't lundqvist have some kind of issue with grinding his teeth in his sleep, which f***ed him up a bit in terms of alertness, and thus was blamed for his poor second year?

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Didn't lundqvist have some kind of issue with grinding his teeth in his sleep, which f***ed him up a bit in terms of alertness, and thus was blamed for his poor second year?

I don't know, I thought he had an issue in his first playoffs and Lundqvist rebounded in his second year after his poor start.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
It was that first year for Henrik. After he hurt his hip he started grinding his teeth at night which was causing migraine-type headaches.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I think that him going to to handle the puck more in the last game was a sign of confidence.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Regardless that Georgiev has great history vs Isles, they NEED to play Shesty tonight. He's been solid last couple games, and we need to see if we can ride him a bit.
Georgie boy hasn't looked so great lately, points necessary and we should be riding the hot hand. Also, Georgiev has had numerous long spells without playing, so when the time comes he will have his chance to be the "hot hand".

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Regardless that Georgiev has great history vs Isles, they NEED to play Shesty tonight. He's been solid last couple games, and we need to see if we can ride him a bit.
Georgie boy hasn't looked so great lately, points necessary and we should be riding the hot hand. Also, Georgiev has had numerous long spells without playing, so when the time comes he will have his chance to be the "hot hand".
I agree that were it up to me, I would be playing Shesterkin tonight. He is the present and the future. We should all understand that Georgiev WILL get into games but seeing as how Shesterkin is gaining confidence and finding his game, I would absolutely play him tonight.

No one will question if Quinn starts him and things do not go well. EVERYONE will question if Georgiev starts and things do not go well. And, rightfully so.

Reactions: Larrybiv

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Shesterkin lately reminds me of Quick in the 2011-2012 regular season, needs to be perfect to win games. At the time I rolled my eyes when Kings fans said he should have won the Vezina over Hank due to poor goal support and I still think that's a lousy argument, but I can see now why someone would feel that way. It's a ton of pressure to play a perfect game every game. He seemed really upset about the 1 (!!!) goal he gave up yesterday. Think about it, he gave up 1 goal and we got 0 points. I have my own quirks where bad goals bother me to no end so I was critical of him, but you just can't fathom the pressure the kid has to pitch a shutout every game.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
BTW, I think one thing that's bothered me about Igor's performance this season is that he hasn't stolen a game yet. But that's a silly axe to grind. He hasn't had to steal a game. Other than the Islanders game, the defense has been solid. So that works both ways, on the one hand it makes life easier for him, but on the other hand the lack of goal scoring and strong defense magnifies every mistake and it feels like he's not stealing games for us. Last year he just had more of an opportunity to do so. That said I think he's long overdue for a shutout. Hasn't had one in his career yet.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
It’s almost like not starting the guy with a sub .900 sv% every game and giving your real starter starts has paid off. Igor quietly up over .920 on the season even if he doesn’t have the wins to show for it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->