If you could make a realistic trade who would you bring in?

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
kind of a poor proposal. wavier pick up + a guy who cant crack the worst team in the NHL's top 6/7 for a kid who's probably a legitimate top 4 right now if there was room on his current squad.

come on. you can do better then that.
I don't deny that, but I don't want Bean that badly.

The original offer was Svech for Bean, I threw Cholo in there that's all. I doubt we see any big trades this season, just selling at the deadline.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Report: Montreal Canadiens Make Offer for Pierre-Luc Dubois - NHL Rumors - NHLTradeRumors.Me

apparently CBJ countered & asked for Suzuki, MTL was sad.

So their asking price is equivalent to a young projected 1C. Our 2021 1st unprotected + Ras + Cholo would be my final offer. If they wanted any bottom 6F, bottom 4D they could be included/substituted.

Is he really that good? A 2021 unprotected 1st could legitimately be 1st overall. To trade that, plus two former 1st rounders for him seems like a steep price unless this kid is elite.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Is he really that good? A 2021 unprotected 1st could legitimately be 1st overall. To trade that, plus two former 1st rounders for him seems like a steep price unless this kid is elite.
I see it as:

3C/W/PPweapon

+ Cholo (likely bust/bottom 5-7dman at best

+ unprotected 1st (could be 1OA or 4th or possibly even 6th-10th) if we pass:
CHI-NJ-OTT-LA-ANA & possibly AZ & MTL. + 1 mystery team that just can't get it together/injured etc. Those 1st 5 teams listed isn't a tall order by any means.

ChrisReevesLegs

Nov 5, 2018
Seattle
PLD was on pace for 48 pts, then 61 pts, and last year 57 pts.
I get that he's doing this young... but he's not exactly proved he's a dominant NHL force yet either. Watch someone like MTL trade for him and then he turns out to be a perma 50 to 60 pt player who peaked early. That's valuable, but is it worth the price? IDK

Reactions: SirloinUB and kliq

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
I see it as:

3C/W/PPweapon

+ Cholo (likely bust/bottom 5-7dman at best

+ unprotected 1st (could be 1OA or 4th or possibly even 6th-10th) if we pass:
CHI-NJ-OTT-LA-ANA & possibly AZ & MTL. + 1 mystery team that just can't get it together/injured etc. Those 1st 5 teams listed isn't a tall order by any means.

Then offer a protected top 5 pick, I just can’t risk a 1st overall pick unless we are getting an elite player back.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
PLD was on pace for 48 pts, then 61 pts, and last year 57 pts.
I get that he's doing this young... but he's not exactly proved he's a dominant NHL force yet either. Watch someone like MTL trade for him and then he turns out to be a perma 50 to 60 pt player who peaked early. That's valuable, but is it worth the price? IDK
RyJo 2.0 ? Both 6'3" 218lbs.

ChrisReevesLegs

Nov 5, 2018
Seattle
RyJo 2.0 ? Both 6'3" 218lbs.

Actually this is a pretty good take. RyJo makes this team better in the short term, but prolly hurts our chances in the long run of acquiring solid dynasty building pieces. IDK I don't think it's the right time for this kind of player or his price. Stick to the plan. Draft high.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Victor Mete was scratched by Montreal, I’d look into that.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Laine, if he still wants out from the Peg.
PLD is cost-prohibitive (a sum we wouldn't wanna pay, but could), but the asking price for Laine is PLD+. No way we get him, nor should we. 1-dimensional, soon to be paid ~$10M+ for a younish winger. He's the opposite of an Yzerman type of player & would set our rebuild back 10 years. Awful.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
PLD is cost-prohibitive (a sum we wouldn't wanna pay, but could), but the asking price for Laine is PLD+. No way we get him, nor should we. 1-dimensional, soon to be paid ~$10M+ for a younish winger. He's the opposite of an Yzerman type of player & would set our rebuild back 10 years. Awful.

He is not 1-dimensional anymore. Watch the games and sounds like you haven't seen ever any player develop themselves.

Maybe you like games like today when nobody scored? You have to have somebody who puts the puck in the net and pay for him. You can't have a team where nobody isn't a scorer and no one will get paid.

Or othervise you'll rebuild forever.

Reactions: Winger98

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
He is not 1-dimensional anymore. Watch the games and sounds like you haven't seen ever any player develop themselves.

Maybe you like games like today when nobody scored? You have to have somebody who puts the puck in the net and pay for him. You can't have a team where nobody isn't a scorer and no one will get paid.

Lol. I've watched hockey since 1975 (age 4) & I've seen plenty of players develop. So your assessment of me is very wrong. Also, I don't like low scoring, boring hockey (contrary to your opinion of me) & yes, I realize we need goalscorers. We don't have the talent to support Laine, especially after a trade that likely guts our team & prospects + pick(s). Especially since he's not known for much else than having a great/accurate shot(s).

If we're gonna trade, go for PLD, or better yet Barkov & Werenski, but we really can't spare much from the roster. So our 1st(s) & prospects would come into play.

Last edited:
Reactions: Henkka

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

Laine deserves credit, he's evolved his game over the past season or so.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
If we're gonna trade, go for PLD, or better yet Barkov & Werenski, but we really can't spare much from the roster. So our 1st(s) & prospects would come into play.

Pierre-Luc Dubois wants to be Montreal Canadien. We are not Montreal Canadiens.

I'm all in for Barkov but a bit sceptical, think Kekäläinen could steal him to Columbus. Players are leaving too much from there, so I think his only option is to build a Team Finland there, or he gets fired sooner or later. Get the best Finnish piece, and others could join.

Werenski could be the Michiganer to come to us.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
You vastly overstate Larkin's abilities.

He's our 1st line center out of necessity. Not because he's a true first line center. He's a 2nd line center for the majority of teams in the league. 3rd line on a handful of others.

List the teams with a better 1-2 than Larkin/Johansen. It's not a long list.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad