If you could make a realistic trade who would you bring in?

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
It is clickbait, as I alluded to. My question is: "Is Raymond for PLD" too much to pay?

I'm not entirely certain why you think CBJ would be interested in that. PLD is an established NHLer who is about 3 years old than Raymond, I think? He's a C who played a hell of a series this past playoffs and looked really really good all season. Raymond, as good as he projects, is a upper end wing if he hits. PLD is currently a top 6C with a solid argument made for him being a 1C. Raymond for PLD is not enough to pay.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I'm not entirely certain why you think CBJ would be interested in that. PLD is an established NHLer who is about 3 years old than Raymond, I think? He's a C who played a hell of a series this past playoffs and looked really really good all season. Raymond, as good as he projects, is a upper end wing if he hits. PLD is currently a top 6C with a solid argument made for him being a 1C. Raymond for PLD is not enough to pay.
Kinda what I thought too. I was hoping to not have it validated for our sake. I was trying to gauge the trade value hype of our #1F prospect. Seeing as how, the clickbait site listed Zegras, Drysdale etc.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Normally I like shitting on that source, but they aren’t the only ones reporting this rumor.

A CBJ writer for The Athletic has communicated the same. That the Wings are among the teams that are interested in Dubois.

As they absolutely should be. Price remains to be seen, but why would you not be interested in a player like that.

KasperTheGrittyGhost

Jan 12, 2008
Michigan
Provided he’d be willing to sign an extension

to Wings: PLD

to CBJ our 2021 first (non lottery protected) and Veleno

This year’s draft doesn’t seem to have a superstar and center is bar none our weakest position organizational wise. Adding a young player of PLD’s caliber would put us farther ahead than an Owen Power at this point imo.

I view it as very likely that PLD will be better than Larkin going forward, if he isn’t already. For our sake the pick would have to be non lottery predicted so we still have a chance at Wright in 22
I’d do this in a heartbeat. Even add Rasmussen if CBJ pushed for it, then try to flip Cholowski for Roslovic.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I wouldn’t risk a crack at Wright, Lambert or Savoie.

Think ahead though. Adding Dubois, you add Seider, potentially Raymond, Veleno. You can hunt UFA defensemen. You are looking like a team ready to head the other direction, not a team bottoming out for lottery odds. You could commit the 21 pick to another high end defenseman prospect, and then you are full steam ahead towards playoff contention and the 22 pick has less importance.

not saying this is something I would do, but it’s not the most illogical proposition you could come up with.

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
Think ahead though. Adding Dubois, you add Seider, potentially Raymond, Veleno. You can hunt UFA defensemen. You are looking like a team ready to head the other direction, not a team bottoming out for lottery odds. You could commit the 21 pick to another high end defenseman prospect, and then you are full steam ahead towards playoff contention and the 22 pick has less importance.

not saying this is something I would do, but it’s not the most illogical proposition you could come up with.

I would still say that team isn’t making the playoffs in 2022. Even if we end up with the 13th best lottery odds, I would want a chance at a top 3 pick in 2022. I think it’s more valuable than having a shot at Beniers or Power.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
I take a young established center over a pick every day. Maybe the wings can get a top 3 protection, but I would trade any pick/ prospect not named Seider.

Wings desperately need another young top line center and I don't see one in the system. We do have solid winger depth though, so I'd obviously prefer to deal that.

Reactions: Reddwit

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
I take a young established center over a pick every day. Maybe the wings can get a top 3 protection, but I would trade any pick/ prospect not named Seider.

Wings desperately need another young top line center and I don't see one in the system. We do have solid winger depth though, so I'd obviously prefer to deal that.

Call me Crazy but I would make sure there wasn’t a top 3 protection clause. This draft is fairly weak meanwhile 22 has Wright and that other Russian guy labeled as potential superstars

Reactions: lomekian

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Call me Crazy but I would make sure there wasn’t a top 3 protection clause. This draft is fairly weak meanwhile 22 has Wright and that other Russian guy labeled as potential superstars
And Jiricek(sp?) the d-man from Slovakia was pretty dominant at the WJC being 17yo

Reactions: Henkka

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002

Yeah I get that. I was throwing that out more for those that really didn't want to give up a top pick. Unless you have a Crosby/ McDavid at the top of the draft, I'd rather have an established player.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
2022 pick is definitely off the table. I'd also be concerned that getting PLD is a shortcut to the middle of the pack and a threat of missing out in 2022, undermining the entire rebuild.

Cumulative effects of trading 2021 1st and rising in 2022 standings are likely a net loss in exchange for PLD, IMO. I say likely because it COULD go either way but I think NOT doing it is the safer bet to becoming a contender. I'll trust the Yzerplan but that's just my gut feeling. PLD is a bird in hand lol.

Last edited:

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
That Russian guy (Matvei Michkov) is 2023 eligible. The top names to look at for 2022 so far, Wright, Lambert, Savoie. I like these American guys too McGroarty, Nazar, Devine, and the other Jack Hughes.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
I'd do a prospect trade revolving around Svech and Jake Bean. I don't think either one figures in to the plans of their current teams and both could use a change of scenery.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
That Russian guy (Matvei Michkov) is 2023 eligible. The top names to look at for 2022 so far, Wright, Lambert, Savoie. I like these American guys too McGroarty, Nazar, Devine, and the other Jack Hughes.
Anyway, unless we drafting in the end of the first we don't trade our first rounder. Teams like Carolina , NY or Colorado can't do it , we should not

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad