If you could make a realistic trade who would you bring in?

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
I am with you. I think the organization may want to move on from Mantha notwithstanding the talent. Bert, however, is a much different story.

I agree, but I do think it'd depend on the return. Bert is a top 6 support guy. I don't think he ever drives a line, but he is the type of player that teams overpay for in the UFA market. Unless Stevie can get a him to a good long term number, I could see him dealing him before that becomes an issue. Mantha I think would be more about fit.

MVPete96

Nov 12, 2011
Michigan
They've been trying to dump Pacioretty, so I'd say Mantha with retention for Pacioretty, one of Glass/Krebs and a 1st. But Pacioretty has a 10 team no trade list, so it's likely a no-go.

I’d accept that offer so fast and I like Mantha. I haven’t followed Vegas much just know MAF has been on fire. Would something around Lehner and Bernier work? I’m sure wings would have to add just trying to find cap space for vgk

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I’d accept that offer so fast and I like Mantha. I haven’t followed Vegas much just know MAF has been on fire. Would something around Lehner and Bernier work? I’m sure wings would have to add just trying to find cap space for vgk
No way VGK gives us that for Mantha, though I'd love it too. Besides Lehner has Mod-NTC, no way he's waiving for a rebuild. They'd likely do Glass+Patches for Mantha w/some retention, they're likely not adding a 1st.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Look, guys...having cap space doesn't mean that every single trade proposal we make needs to have us retaining money. Retention alone is worth extra from the team that's getting the player.

Mantha is on a good contract by any standard in the league. Somewhere between what a 1st and 2nd liner gets around the league. And if he were to be traded now it isn't instantly 5.8 million against a team's cap. it's pro rated based on the number of days left in the season.

Next year Mantha will be a full 5.8 million against another team's cap, but you know what? That's their problem. Next year.
Any trade involving Mantha should not have any retention at all.

Here are a few trades that may be a good barometer for what Mantha would get us in return:

2019: Kevin Hayes from NYR to Philadelphia for 1st round pick, Brendan Lemieux and a conditional 4th.
2019: Mark Stone from OTT to Vegas for Erik Brannstrom, Oscar Lindberg and a 2nd round pick.

2020: Barclay Goodrow and a 3rd round pick from SJS to TBL for Anthony Greco and a 1st round pick
2020: JG Pageau to NYI from OTT for conditional 1st, conditional 2nd, and conditional 3rd.
2020: Blake Coleman to TBL from NJD for Nolan Foote and conditional 1st round pick

Just because Mantha is having a down year it doesn't mean he's all the sudden worth a 4th rounder unless we retain the dude's salary. He'd easily fetch us a similar package to any of the above. (Also I can't believe how cheap Mark Stone went. f***, we could have had him for Cholowski, Dominic Turgeon and a 2nd? Sign me up for that!)

Reactions: SirloinUB

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Max Pacioretty 32 years old 2 x $7,000,000 Anthony Mantha 26 years old 3 x $5,700,000 Yeah don't see Yzerman retaining on Mantha.
Max is producing, Mantha has displayed some of the laziest hockey I've ever seen from a first line player. I don't see VGK throwing in any extra since Max's contract was front loaded and Mantha's is back loaded.

The Wings would be fortunate if they did the trade straight up, with no adders or retention.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Hurricanes and Hamilton 'Way Off' With Contract Talks - NHL Rumors - NHLTradeRumors.Me

I'd rather have Werenski later, than Hamilton this offseason. But what if we had both? We'll have the cap. Later on once Raymond etc. start getting their payday, trade for younger/cheaper, rinse, repeat . Or, Hamilton now & shift Hronek to LD? with possible Zach later?

?Werenski-Hamilton
Hronek-Seider
*Merrill-*Stecher
Lindstrom

*replaced by AlJo & co.

rhef3

Jul 28, 2016
Just outside St.louis
What could we realistically trade off to bring in Eichel ?
We will start with our 1st and a 2nd this year.

24 year old 1st line center that potentially is on the block

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base

Unlimited tips til Yzerman retires, no refill required. No calls b/w 8pm-8am, M-Sun.
upload_2021-3-3_18-40-29.png

Reactions: Henkka and rhef3

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

I could package Mantha+Fabbri + picks.

If they have lost all sanity at Buffalo. Who knows?

DLR waiver pick ---> Fabbri ---> Eichel would be fun to see. :D

GoBoltz56

Brisebois 1st Rounder
Jul 31, 2004
Tampa and Michigan
Max Pacioretty 32 years old 2 x $7,000,000 Anthony Mantha 26 years old 3 x $5,700,000 Yeah don't see Yzerman retaining on Mantha.
That's the whole point...Vegas has been trying to get rid of his 7mil cap hit and would be paying a premium for future cap space. Yzerman has the cap space so he can fit in the higher cap hit while taking on assets along with it. Tampa gave up two 1st rounders last year for Blake Coleman and Barclay "8 goals" Goodrow....why? Affordable contracts/Cap space.

Reactions: Henkka

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad