Post-Game Talk: I can Motte believe it

Who was the man of the match

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
The team and coaches struggled with line changes immensely tonight.

Carolina got several odd man rushes while the Rangers were on changes. So what did the Rangers do? Continue to make poorly-timed changes.

Just a low IQ group of individuals tonight.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Miller wasn't on the ice for the winning goal.

Two forwards went for a stroll for no reason.

We're looking for a scapegoat in a game we just lost because the other team played a little better.

They beat us 3/7 last year. They're not an easy team and stop talking yourself into thinking they are.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Tough loss in a coin flip game. Canes came to play too. Igor looks locked in. Hopefully the US can make a comeback in the WBC to make us feel better

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
That was an abysmal third period. Miller was atrocious on the first two Canes goals, horrible read on the blue line on the first gifting the open lane and the second he inexplicably chases Stall into the corner who is locked up with Mika. Really brutal boneheaded stuff by Miller on both of those - Vesey can share blame on the first bc he just stopped moving his feet, if he stuck with Chatfield he easily angles him off or at least doesn't let him have all that time and space to pick his spot.

Teravinen was way too wide open on the 3rd, but that whole play was a clusterf*** after Lindgren failed the extremely easy flip out of the zone and then got tripped down (which should've been called but he already turned the puck over on what should've been a very simple clear before the trip) and nobody got into correct position after that, Fox had two guys in front engaged in contact and the 3rd guy slid behind him and nobody picked him up. Bad.

Hopefully a loss like this after flying high for 8 periods is a reality check that they need to do more. You can't just let Carolina dictate everything in the game the way we did, eventually it will bite you. ESPECIALLY if your PP isn't picking up the slack and converting - the PP was atrocious tonight.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Good thing I paid for tickets. Entire team, top to bottom, was ass.

Schneider is already probably the worst defenseman in the league. But that was his magnum opus. He didn’t make a single right decision out there.
He hasn't been good, but he's a 21 y/o kid who's been saddled with awful partners for the most part. He'll be ok.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Tough loss in a coin flip game. Canes came to play too. Igor looks locked in. Hopefully the US can make a comeback in the WBC to make us feel better
They've been talking about Ohtani for, no exaggeration, like ten minutes straight.

He's great and I like the kid but these announcers could make you sick of anyone.

Reactions: McRanger92

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Edge is one thing, borderline dirty is another.
Agreed, but they get away with it for the most part. Teams like Tampa & the Canes play with a mindset that the refs aren't going to call everything & they're 100% correct. Sure it bites them here & there, but the Canes PK is good enough to cover those times when they do get called.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I swear people won't be happy until we're 82-0 on a season. Played a good team, lost, lot of variables in every game, hopefully we're better next game. I still like our team, can't win them all.

Reactions: Ori

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Ryan Mc. probably miss Rangers now staying in Nashville

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Carolina wanted this game more. 2 plays that can't happen were Miller leaving the front of the net wide open after they had just gone up 2-1, and the trip on Lindgren that leads to a goal. Refs miss those obvious call way too often.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I swear people won't be happy until we're 82-0 on a season. Played a good team, lost, lot of variables in every game, hopefully we're better next game. I still like our team, can't win them all.
True.
Just tough game to lose and to lose like that. This game on many fronts was way more important than the last two we won easily. Especially taking a lead into the third. I know the competition was better tonight but the their desire did not match that of the Canes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad