Post-Game Talk: I can Motte believe it

Who was the man of the match

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
That 2nd goal against cannot happen. Miller-Trouba lost this game.

The Rangers would do well to learn watching Carolina's puck support on the breakout and neutral zone. It's infuriating how many times I watched all 3 forwards go up ice once the Rangers defensemen got the puck back in the defensive zone. Kane started that shit on the game winner instead of supporting the break out. Makes me want to bang my head against the wall.

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
Don't think it was a terrible game for the rangers, but certainly wasn't their best either. Can't blame this game on Shesty. Pretty much stood on his head and 2 of the 3 goals were unstoppable and the other one was very high danger.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
were so slow

All they had to do was skate faster, be more patient and slowly but surely we got tired and started to cheat and get out of position and they pounced. The fact we can't handle better skating teams is concerning.
It's more puck management than purely speed. Sure, they're faster, but we stopped managing the puck

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

DuneGoon84

Jun 21, 2019
We know how they play we just suck at making quicker decisions. We need to play much closer as a unit for quicker easy passes when they pressure

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
This team is 100% capable of breaking through the Cane's strategy. Not worried. We should worry about getting to the point where we would play them in the PO. We have two new respected leaders in the room for the run.

NYRfan39

Dec 29, 2011
Also, Carolina played better than New York. Shesterkin made it look closer than it was. Canes really pressure well. Have to be quicker or dump in deep and beat them along the boards. Neutral zone the rangers can not get through with passes.
4th line great.
Kane has not impressed me at all... He plays very predictable. He needs time and space to be effective and the Canes arent giving him that space (or anyone)

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
We had 30 shots and led most of the game by far. Carolina is a good team too. Not seeing the huge issues some are here. Top line started to find some room toward the end. A team playing aggressive man on man like that is giving up other opportunities, they need to find them more often

Reactions: TheDirtyH

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Absolutely did. Absolute systems clinic
That's all they got. They did max effort all game and barely won. One trick pony.

No shit you're gonna win a ton of regular season games by cranking it to 100 and skating like you're going to be executed if you dont backcheck.

Game 5? 6? 7? They'll be skate themselves to death just like last year. Paper tiger.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Watch the perfect pass Panarin makes to the goalie that allows the canes to break out for winning goal. Team is changing and he passes/shoots it right to Anderson giving them a free breakout while Rangers changing.

Reactions: Boris Zubov and CLW
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad