Who was the man of the match

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Agreed, but they get away with it for the most part. Teams like Tampa & the Canes play with a mindset that the refs aren't going to call everything & they're 100% correct. Sure it bites them here & there, but the Canes PK is good enough to cover those times when they do get called.
I had to watch with the incompetent Canes crew. Tripp Tracy incessantly whines about calls and no calls, which is incredible considering the way that team plays. I haven’t screamed at the TV all year, but as soon as their version of Ben Harpur scored, I yelled an expletive that could have been heard in New York. That broadcast team makes me want to kill somebody.

Last year I thankfully found a way to stream MSG for games against Carolina. This year those sites are being deemed unsafe by my computer.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I got into a minor fight with my girlfriend. First game we watched together and she always tries to troll my team. When she celebrated like her team won the cup even though this was the second game she ever saw, I got pissed and turned the game off. She did not like that, lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: will1066

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Since when has Jesper Fast become an unlikeable asshole?
jesper-fast-2014-48.jpg
jesper-fast-2021-979.jpg

Like, literally.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I had to watch with the incompetent Canes crew. Tripp Tracy incessantly whines about calls and no calls, which is incredible considering the way that team plays. I haven’t screamed at the TV all year, but as soon as their version of Ben Harpur scored, I yelled an expletive that could have been heard in New York. That broadcast team makes me want to kill somebody.

Last year I thankfully found a way to stream MSG for games against Carolina. This year those sites are being deemed unsafe by my computer.
Tracy is an assclown. Forslund isn't my favorite, but he was smart to move on from being stapled to him.

All the illegal streams went to hell. Such a downer.

He looks possessed in that Canes pic.

IchabodCrane

Mar 11, 2023
Miller is one of the worst defensive players i have seen since rosy/malik. Period. Great player- terrible at defense. Too bad he is a defenseman.

Positionally and decisionmaking with the pinching is awful. I can’t stand it anymore.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Tracy is an assclown. Forslund isn't my favorite, but he was smart to move on from being stapled to him.

All the illegal streams went to hell. Such a downer

All the illegal streams went to hell. Such a downer.

He looks possessed in that Canes pic.
Forslund didn’t move willingly.

The offer he got from the organization after the new owner took over was beyond insulting. The guy’s kid was entering senior year of high school too. Family had to stay in the Triangle while John was in Seattle.

So typical of that nickel and dime unprofessional group.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Miller is one of the worst defensive players i have seen since rosy/malik. Period. Great player- terrible at defense. Too bad he is a defenseman.

Positionally and decisionmaking with the pinching is awful. I can’t stand it anymore.
Come on, no he's not. What he is, when he's off his game, is prone to trying to do too much and in doing so he chases and makes bad reads that pull him out of position. When his positioning is on he's a fantastic eraser that kills zone entries like clock work. He had a bad game tonight though for sure, he was responsible for the first two goals, co-responsible with Vesey for the first.

Reactions: haveandare

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007

He’s still learning for sure.

In the first he had one shift where he made like 4 terrible turnovers.

Then he had a shift in the second where he did things on defense nobody else could do in the league.

I think a game like tonight is why he’s not getting locked up to some crazy $8 mil contract like people are talking about. There’s still a lot of ups and downs. He’s great, but he’s not a superstar (yet).

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
sky is not falling, we were due to drop one, they really wanted to get one against us, played a ton of games lately...not surprising. does suck to blow to leads the way we did, but could tell all night the legs were never there.

the thing i wanted to see had the bad outcome, which was almost to be expected seeing them for the first time as rangers. kane and tarasenko both were not used to this pace and the pressure they put on the puck at all times...that'll be something they have to get used to.

and cmon kandre is not terrible at defense. he has rough moments and makes some bad decisions pinching, but he's also played some phenomenal games erasing guys all night and using his speed / stick to break up a ton of plays. he's rangy so there's nights pucks go through him and he has nights where he leaves the front of the net open but its one bad night, theres a lot of good ones too and some great ones. hes 22 or 23, a lot of bigger defenseman are still improving into their mid-late 20s. hes already at this level now...lets not hit the panic button because of a couple mistakes tonight.

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
MSG showing a shutout streak graphic with how the last half of the second played out was the kiss of death.

The saying old habits die hard is what scares me with this team. They know exactly how to beat Carolina at their game and then simultaneously forget like Drew Barrymore in 50 first dates.

2-2 game and forwards flying the zone?

2-1 game and both dmen vacate the net?

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
were so slow

All they had to do was skate faster, be more patient and slowly but surely we got tired and started to cheat and get out of position and they pounced. The fact we can't handle better skating teams is concerning.
We beat them last year in the playoffs and twice this year. They just wanted it more tonight and we still could have won that game.

Reactions: trilobyte

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Yup, let it be a learning experience for you both. She's just trying to get a rise out of you. Apologize and get her something nice tomorrow.
I feel like there are two types. One can get into the sport and become a die hard just like you and will root right next to you. The other type is someone who knows nothing about the sport, is generally not into sports, and purposely chooses the other team just to get a rise out of you, like you said.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Fast teams that forecheck well present a huge problem for us. Our transition game was non existent since we were hemmed in our end all night.
Apparently it's not that big a problem because we hadn't beaten them 4 straight games. Carolina just wanted it more tonight after getting bitch slapped the last few games. Carolina played really well but the Rangers can play way better.

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
Canes are an aggressive team with 2 hard forecheckers and their other 3 aint far behind that. You have to dump the puck in and make them turn around and to get out of you own zone the forwards have to come back into the defensive zone. Cant cheat against them cause they will just intercept or deflect the long pass. Rangers D and their passing is not the issue. It the way the forwards dont come back to give options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad