Who was the man of the match

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
team has to realize that stretch passes won’t get you far in the playoffs. forwards were constantly cheating to try and move the puck out because they’re so f***ing slow, but the defense fumbles the puck trying to move it and now we’re outmanned in our own zone and have to rely on igor. constant stretch passes all game and we got exposed big time. igor saved our bacon for as long as he could. the final minute and a half or so was a microcosm of the whole game. complete inability to penetrate the neutral zone and inability to create a consistent cycle. the nonstop icings told us that.

this was a bad game we were lucky to have led for as long as we did. team has to have a different strategy otherwise it will be bad news come playoff time. we can obliterate poor teams all we want. but we need to play better against the elite.

we have another shot on thursday. I pray we play better. or at the very least pretend like we’re trying something different

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
3 goals against in the third period is just unacceptable. Should never happen

Carolina would not beat us in a 7 game series. That I’m sure of

The positive was that gallant finally stopped dicking around with the powerplay for that last one and Kreider just missed two tap ins.

Tough for Igor tonight. In complete control for 2 periods and it’s falls apart on him

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Whatever, I basically assumed we were losing this after the weekend. It’s the rules.

More concerned with Lindy being back too soon. He may be the type who wants to be in as early as possible but at this stage of the season he’s better off sitting until the playoffs and being 110% than coming back at 90%

Also, Tuevo Terravainen has always struck me as one of the nerdiest, herbiest, geekiest, dorkiest big producers in the NHL. I’m not taking about Larionov smart. I’m just saying Tuevo looks like the guy who *doesn’t* play D&D but literally gets beat up for looking like he does, by a friend of mine who doesn’t realize that I actually do play D&D (15 years ago, except I never played D&D… but I’m a nerd).

Reactions: Captain Lindy

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Carolina are the epitome of a paper dragon.

They play real good during the reg season because they play "playoffs hockey" but when the playoffs start, so those everyone else.

They lack the creativity to win games IMHO. They lack that last level. Which is why we beat them the last time.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
We deserve to lose this. Gotta capitalize on our pp. It wasn't so much what Carolina did Than it was our brain farts.
yes and no. carolina’s system is the perfect counter for whatever the f*** we play. our entire offensive game is built on the stretch pass. against shitty defenses we’ll do what we did to pitt and nashville. against good defenses they’ll clog up the neutral zone and suffocate our poor puck handlers.

we constantly cheat the stretch pass because we’re too slow otherwise. there’s only so much our goaltender can do.

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
Lousy breakouts and transition play. When we play flat footed in the neutral zone or stop to face the play in tight man to man coverage to do boring ass FIFA breakouts, this is what will happen.

They were opportunistic in the first 2 periods while making safer plays with the puck, and being responsible defensively but the third was bad. They stopped skating. That said, the missed tripping penalty that took Lindgren out of the play on the GWG was inexcusable.

The PP was dogshit. Panarin and Trocheck have no chemistry. End the f***ing experiment already.
First unit - Kreider, Panarin-Zibanejad-Tarasenko, Fox
Second unit - Trocheck, Laf-Chytil-Kane, Fox/Trouba/Miller
DONE...LEAVE IT ALONE DONT F*** WITH IT, GG

At even strength the lines were still pretty good, but not enough urgency with the puck. Slow breakouts and flat footed dump-ins is a recipe for spending most of the game in your end.

Best players tonight were Shesterkin, Tarasenko, and Motte. The kid line had a decent game too. Turnover Panarin showed up again tonight. Glad Vally pointed out about D going to their backhand. Especially Schneider does it voluntarily at times and it needs to be coached out of them.

Not mad about the loss, mad about the way they lost. They didn't play like a top 5 team in the league tonight.

Last edited:

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
Watch the perfect pass Panarin makes to the goalie that allows the canes to break out for winning goal. Team is changing and he passes/shoots it right to Anderson giving them a free breakout while Rangers changing.

someone's always gotta find a way to blame the best player on the team for the loss

Reactions: tlk

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
3 goals against in the third period is just unacceptable. Should never happen

Carolina would not beat us in a 7 game series. That I’m sure of

The positive was that gallant finally stopped dicking around with the powerplay for that last one and Kreider just missed two tap ins.

Tough for Igor tonight. In complete control for 2 periods and it’s falls apart on him
I only saw the 2nd period and Igor had some amazing saves a busy night :)

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
Gatdamn. Already blaming going on in player threads. Lol.

Everyone not named Shesty was ass tonight. We could barely get through the neutral zone.

Did we even record a shot in 6 minutes of PP tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00