Post-Game Talk: I can Motte believe it

Who was the man of the match

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
I think nothing of the sort but I don't overreact to losses like you do. Every loss is the end of the world to you. Epic collapse my ass. They lost a 1 goal lead in the 3rd. It happens nearly every night in the NHL. Carolina is good and played well and yet the game was tied 2-2 until about 2 minutes left. They lost. It sucks but It happens. They just went 6-0-1 in their last 7 and destroyed some teams along the way. Get some perspective.

Yup. That 2nd goal against was a killer after we just tied it 15 seconds earlier. No need for him to be so out of position.
Hes become a chronic pessimist

We shall see.
we have seen it though... haven't we?

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Hey Folks, I’m going to be throwing up tomorrow’s GDT a little earlier than usual tonight for personal reasons. I know some folks like to get a head start with that discussion, even if it is the same team they are playing, lol.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
My response to another poster was that the epic collapse he/she described started in the 2nd, not the 3rd.

Carolina is good? Talk about needing perspective. In order to win a Cup, something this team hasn't done in nearly 30 yrs, you have to beat "good teams" but you're fine with mediocrity. So be it.
There was no epic collapse. Period. They lost. That stuff happens in the NHL. Carolina isn't good? Huh? They won the division last year, are in 1st this year, and they have the 2nd best record in the league. Duh. Yea, no kidding you have to beat good teams. They have beaten plenty of them this year. What you have a hard time grasping is that you can't beat good teams every time you play them. That's not how it works. They beat Carolina the last 2 games of the playoffs last year and the first 2 games this year. But of course they lost this game and it's the end of the world. You talking to me about perspective is the pot calling the kettle black. Dude, get a clue.

Reactions: The Gloaming

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
This NYR team's identity is "freelance"... it's their creativity that CAN BEAT the formulaic gameplan of the Canes, who have no answer... Didn't you learn from AV? when other teams figured him out... he lost. period.

Rangers need to be disciplined, but they need to succeed at their strengths, which is offense. They don't need to be the 2000s devils on defense, but they need to be good enough.

The only way they beat a team like Boston, or Tampa is pressure in the offensive zone. 1g leads won't cut it.
I agree with this, but, they do need to stop with the forwards abandoning the D on breakouts/transitions. They have to stay back and support so they can move up as a unit and gain that neutral zone speed. The long stretch passes actually slow them down a lot of the time and leaves them vulnerable to bad turnovers and odd man rushes against. More structure on the defensive side can help with that. I want them to be creative but they need to balance it.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
The Rangers went into shutdown mode too early against Car.
Poorly coached game imo. You cant sit back against Car for 3 periods and not expect a push back..
With a 1g lead? Really?
They really did. said to GF, if they think they're winning 1-0 they've got another thing coming. Sure enough

Gluten Free Breadman

Mar 9, 2011
ny
I have no statistical evidence for this, just my own memory. I feel that the games Kakko scores in, the rangers lose.
Your memory sucks. We are 10-2-1 when Kakko scores a goal. The two losses were the last two games in which Kakko scored, so maybe you have a recency bias or our human memories in general just suck.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Pessimism is generally considered existential rather than personal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad