HUT Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
The TOTW market was insane yesterday :laugh:. Sold MacKinnon for 130k on tuesday because of the 6 day loan player (got Selänne obv) and bought him back yesterday for 60k. Now the price is at 80-90k and prolly going even further up like KJoe88 is saying.

It really is crazy lmao.

Your cards for example will go for double in matter in a week unless some other crazy event occurs.

I genuinely don’t get why some are selling for so low. Cannot be THAT impatient for coins unless you’re filthy rich

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Do the best cards really give you a clear advantage? I’ve played HUT for about 4 years, usually try and chase down the best cards every year. This year I just don’t overly enjoy the game so I rarely play, my team is probably average 87ovrs, I line up against these obviously money bought and collectible legend teams and I usually beat them. I pick up 86-87 ovr that play to my style, which is scoring off the rush, high speed high shooting. I finish usually in the top 1000 every season, and that’s only because I go roughly 15-3 or somewhere in there in the season. My record overall is about 160-50-10, at least 10 of my losses are ip boots. I haven’t bought a player or added a player since the beginning of november, have about half a mil in coins from my packs I get in rewards. But I don’t have any desire to add to my team unless I see a player I can’t miss.
Anyone else play like this and have success?

Edit: For reference my play style is very good defense, no heavy hitting, fast good d who can move the puck. Pressure as soon as they enter the zone , retrieve the puck, move it to my very fast wingers quick, usually ends up in a odd man rush. An average player I would say maybe gets 10-15 shots against me

Last edited:

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Do the best cards really give you a clear advantage? I’ve played HUT for about 4 years, usually try and chase down the best cards every year. This year I just don’t overly enjoy the game so I rarely play, my team is probably average 87ovrs, I line up against these obviously money bought and collectible legend teams and I usually beat them. I pick up 86-87 ovr that play to my style, which is scoring off the rush, high speed high shooting. I finish usually in the top 1000 every season, and that’s only because I go roughly 15-3 or somewhere in there in the season. My record overall is about 160-50-10, at least 10 of my losses are ip boots. I haven’t bought a player or added a player since the beginning of november, have about half a mil in coins from my packs I get in rewards. But I don’t have any desire to add to my team unless I see a player I can’t miss.
Anyone else play like this and have success?

Edit: For reference my play style is very good defense, no heavy hitting, fast good d who can move the puck. Pressure as soon as they enter the zone , retrieve the puck, move it to my very fast wingers quick, usually ends up in a odd man rush. An average player I would say maybe gets 10-15 shots against me

Imo the biggest thing the higher cards do is make your team infinitely better when it comes to skating.

And they look nice.

But some players do benefit from better stats. I’ve noticed a difference with certain defensive players. For example: defenseman like OEL, Coffey and Doughty are a clear tier above most defenseman, but not on par with the legends unless they’re special cards.

That said, I had the 91 PT Crosby for a week. Hated the card and thought the card was no where NEAR as good as the 85 Giroux or Bergeron. So I truly believe it depends on the gamer and what they value. Most teams with an overall of at least 86-87 can compete against stacked legends. Is it easy? Nah unless the other guy is trash.

Last edited:

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Got ToTW Bergy for 20k.

I now have 50k coins and I’m poor, but my team is pretty much set until I get some legends.

I just pray each time I open a re roll I get that 93 Zetterberg.

I won’t ever buy another pack if that happens!

terranraida

#RyanGetzlafIsASaint
Feb 27, 2014
Richmond, VA
rage spent 10 bucks because I keep getting murdered by legend teams in D7, so I got a 88 Hull out of it. Not bad, all in all. He's on a wing with Otto and an unimpressive thanksgiving Ratanen. might look into selling him for someone else.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Maybe I posted this in the wrong thread

So I bought the nhl 19 99 edition. The descriptor said I get...

-6 free gold packs
-a choice between 1 of 6 legends
-a choice of one Wayne Gretzky for every team he played on or the Canada team version

Instead I got...

-4 packs with 15 cards, ZERO rares
-a choice of FOUR legends on loan for 10 games
-no Wayne Gretzky whatsoever

Am I missing something here? I’m feeling royally screwed

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
Maybe I posted this in the wrong thread

So I bought the nhl 19 99 edition. The descriptor said I get...

-6 free gold packs
-a choice between 1 of 6 legends
-a choice of one Wayne Gretzky for every team he played on or the Canada team version

Instead I got...

-4 packs with 15 cards, ZERO rares
-a choice of FOUR legends on loan for 10 games
-no Wayne Gretzky whatsoever

Am I missing something here? I’m feeling royally screwed

I bought the 99 edition through the Xbox store a week or so ago when it was on sale and chose Edmonton-era Gretzky and Hull plus got the 6 packs. Not sure why you didn't get them.

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
Anyone using Bobby Clarke as a forward? Trying to figure out the type of players who do well with him. I've tried him as a defenseman like the reddit types recommend, but probably need/prefer to keep him at center for now.

Chewmasey

Jan 28, 2013
Winnipeg
Anyone using Bobby Clarke as a forward? Trying to figure out the type of players who do well with him. I've tried him as a defenseman like the reddit types recommend, but probably need/prefer to keep him at center for now.
I have him at 3rd line centre and killing penalties. He seems kinda meh all around.

mhart1

Maniac Caniac
Oct 8, 2013
Pori
I have him at 3rd line centre and killing penalties. He seems kinda meh all around.
Same, but for me he feels VERY nice. His skating is totally different compared to my other players and seems like perfect all rounder. Also he isn't as "slow" as some people say him to be. I would not waste him as a defender. But then again, I am one of those guys who totally refuse to use attackers as D-men. I could probably use Buffy or Wookie at wing but that's it.

My current team. Hedman was the last piece which took the rest of my coins, sitting at 15k and doing BPM to get more coins slowly. When I get more coins I will replace Pettersson with Kurri and Robitaille with Cournoyer to keep the synergies.

i8qNS5o.jpg

Talking about bronze pack method, if you are not doing it you are missing guaranteed coins. All you need is one gold player pull, or even gold jersey/logo/arena and you will profit from bronze pack. Obviously, you will lose couple hundred coins most of times but gold rare or gold collectible will make them back, and I have pulled plenty of them. This is how I price my stuff:

Bronze logo/jersey = 350
Bronze player = 500
Silver logo/jersey = 450
Silver common player = 250
Silver rare = goes to reroll
Contracts = 400
Healing = Quick sell or 100
Coach = Quick sell or 250 except silver coach 1500
Gold jersey/logo/arena = 850
Gold player or collectible = current lowest bin at the market

Example:

8 cards worth of 2500, say you pull two contracts (800), two healings (100), two silver commons (500), one bronze player (500) and one gold jersey (850), that makes 2650 and after tax that's 2517,5 coins and if you quicksell the healings that's 100 coins added. It is marginal profit but you can open packs and hunt for those gold collectibles or other major pulls. If you pull silver coach you are almost guaranteed for 1000 coins profit, same goes if you pull any gold player. Even when the silver coach set expires, I'd still recommend doing this if you don't have other stuff to sell.

Yesterday I pulled 86 Hawerchuk from bronze pack. Today I pulled gold collectible and OEL. I open four of them, fill my trade pile and after they've sold I repeat the process. It's cheap way of opening packs, and packs are the best stuff in this game IMO. :)

Last edited:

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Anyone having trouble loading the Christmas daily challenge for the candy cane?

I’m literally missing one more the Hoffman. I’m going to be really disappointed if I missed my opportunity

Chewmasey

Jan 28, 2013
Winnipeg
Anyone having trouble loading the Christmas daily challenge for the candy cane?

I’m literally missing one more the Hoffman. I’m going to be really disappointed if I missed my opportunity
It's Sunday, there wasn't a daily today.
Unless you mean the daily from Friday?

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Talking about bronze pack method, if you are not doing it you are missing guaranteed coins. All you need is one gold player pull, or even gold jersey/logo/arena and you will profit from bronze pack. Obviously, you will lose couple hundred coins most of times but gold rare or gold collectible will make them back, and I have pulled plenty of them. This is how I price my stuff:

Bronze logo/jersey = 350
Bronze player = 500
Silver logo/jersey = 450
Silver common player = 250
Silver rare = goes to reroll
Contracts = 400
Healing = Quick sell or 100
Coach = Quick sell or 250 except silver coach 1500
Gold jersey/logo/arena = 850
Gold player or collectible = current lowest bin at the market

Example:

8 cards worth of 2500, say you pull two contracts (800), two healings (100), two silver commons (500), one bronze player (500) and one gold jersey (850), that makes 2650 and after tax that's 2517,5 coins and if you quicksell the healings that's 100 coins added. It is marginal profit but you can open packs and hunt for those gold collectibles or other major pulls. If you pull silver coach you are almost guaranteed for 1000 coins profit, same goes if you pull any gold player. Even when the silver coach set expires, I'd still recommend doing this if you don't have other stuff to sell.

Yesterday I pulled 86 Hawerchuk from bronze pack. Today I pulled gold collectible and OEL. I open four of them, fill my trade pile and after they've sold I repeat the process. It's cheap way of opening packs, and packs are the best stuff in this game IMO. :)
I actually started doing this today and I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or your math is off but it's not that profitable.

I would guess I opened anywhere from 30-40 bronze packs today. Best items I got were gold collectible and Stralman. I've been calculating what I sell vs. the 2500 it costs. I've lost about 11k total even with the Gold Collectible selling for 16k.

The healing cards, bronze logos/jerseys, silver players (rare and common) are quicksell. Not even worth clogging your trade pile for an extra 40 coins per card. I sell the CHL bronze jerseys for 200 because the quicksell is 50 vs. 160 on other ones.

I didn't even consider the silver coach thing. I definitely missed out on some potential coins there.

What the bronze pack method is good for is just being able to open packs with small margins and potential for big reward. Each pack at most you're losing 1300. I've seen people pull things like TOTW Matthews and cards worth 200+ in these packs. That's what I'm looking for. It's definitely fun when you see something big like a gold collectible in the 2500 packs.

EDIT - I'm also on xbox so prices may be slightly different..

For example there's about 450 contracts listed for 400 or lower, so good luck selling for that. I've been putting them up for 300. There's 300 silver common players under the 250 range, so again can't sell for that. At most 150 would sell.

Guess it depends on certain factors.. IMO if you get up to about 100 bronze packs opened you're probably looking at about 20-25k in coins lost unless you get extremely lucky with something worth more then 16k gold collectible.

Last edited:

mhart1

Maniac Caniac
Oct 8, 2013
Pori
I actually started doing this today and I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or your math is off but it's not that profitable.

I would guess I opened anywhere from 30-40 bronze packs today. Best items I got were gold collectible and Stralman. I've been calculating what I sell vs. the 2500 it costs. I've lost about 11k total even with the Gold Collectible selling for 16k.

The healing cards, bronze logos/jerseys, silver players (rare and common) are quicksell. Not even worth clogging your trade pile for an extra 40 coins per card. I sell the CHL bronze jerseys for 200 because the quicksell is 50 vs. 160 on other ones.

I didn't even consider the silver coach thing. I definitely missed out on some potential coins there.

What the bronze pack method is good for is just being able to open packs with small margins and potential for big reward. Each pack at most you're losing 1300. I've seen people pull things like TOTW Matthews and cards worth 200+ in these packs. That's what I'm looking for. It's definitely fun when you see something big like a gold collectible in the 2500 packs.

EDIT - I'm also on xbox so prices may be slightly different..

For example there's about 450 contracts listed for 400 or lower, so good luck selling for that. I've been putting them up for 300. There's 300 silver common players under the 250 range, so again can't sell for that. At most 150 would sell.

Guess it depends on certain factors.. IMO if you get up to about 100 bronze packs opened you're probably looking at about 20-25k in coins lost unless you get extremely lucky with something worth more then 16k gold collectible.

I was about to come and say the bolded part is where you go wrong, but then I saw you're on Xbox so that explains a lot.

Those prices I wrote are prices I set if I definitely want the stuff to be sold. Most of times I actually list bronze jerseys/logos for 400 and silver logos/jerseys for 550, and I list them for 3h or 6h. Also there was time when bronze players sold for 700 coins but I have been listing them lately for 500 to get them sold asap. Contracts sell 90% of times for 400 on PS4. The point in this method is to sell everything and not quicksell anything. Oh and also, if the there are cheaper stuff in the market it doesn't mean you prices would be too high for them to be sold. But I understand the market on Xbox vs PS4 is slightly different, it always has been like that. The more gamers are around, the easier is to sell stuff for higher prices.

It's also cool they added the feature that unsold items remember the last set price so if your cards go unsold you can pretty fastly list them again. BPM is not about making quick fortune but it can help us pack addicts and maybe get some little coinage from here and there. If I get really bad pack I am usually looking at about 800 coins loss and it could be reduced even more if I'd just list the healing cards without quickselling those. They also sell for 100 coins in PS4 market.

Last edited:

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
What’s up with this lag switching?

Played 5 games today in div 1 won 3 of them handily and got lag switched in 2 of them by guys who have been doing it all day based on their recent games.

It’s really pathetic how low some people can be, it’s a virtual game for f***s sakes.

Reactions: Loff

Chewmasey

Jan 28, 2013
Winnipeg
I was about to come and say the bolded part is where you go wrong, but then I saw you're on Xbox so that explains a lot.

Those prices I wrote are prices I set if I definitely want the stuff to be sold. Most of times I actually list bronze jerseys/logos for 400 and silver logos/jerseys for 550, and I list them for 3h or 6h. Also there was time when bronze players sold for 700 coins but I have been listing them lately for 500 to get them sold asap. Contracts sell 90% of times for 400 on PS4. The point in this method is to sell everything and not quicksell anything. Oh and also, if the there are cheaper stuff in the market it doesn't mean you prices would be too high for them to be sold. But I understand the market on Xbox vs PS4 is slightly different, it always has been like that. The more gamers are around, the easier is to sell stuff for higher prices.

It's also cool they added the feature that unsold items remember the last set price so if your cards go unsold you can pretty fastly list them again. BPM is not about making quick fortune but it can help us pack addicts and maybe get some little coinage from here and there. If I get really bad pack I am usually looking at about 800 coins loss and it could be reduced even more if I'd just list the healing cards without quickselling those. They also sell for 100 coins in PS4 market.

The Xbox market isn't that much different for pricing.
I tried the bronze pack method yesterday, and yes you won't make a fortune but for people like us who like to open packs it's fun and you won't lose any coins really.
It's just a ton of work to get the coins back, so if you don't have time to play the market it won't be worth it to you.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Missed out on 86 Hoffman by 1 candy cane.. There was probably 5 days total I didn’t do the challenge, I never got double candy canes. Dumb that they didn’t have it on weekends.

Chewmasey

Jan 28, 2013
Winnipeg
Missed out on 86 Hoffman by 1 candy cane.. There was probably 5 days total I didn’t do the challenge, I never got double candy canes. Dumb that they didn’t have it on weekends.

He's another Meh on my team. I had 3 extra candy canes, they should've allowed to sell extras.
I bet I'll be able to trade my extras in for a non tradeable 3 contract pack next month.
:rolleyes:

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I finally got something over 87 in re-roll.. Winter Classic Seabrook.

Unfortunately I don't think he'd make my team. Would have loved Marchand/Saad/Krug though. :cry:

Chewmasey

Jan 28, 2013
Winnipeg
Are Synergies busted this year?
I don't notice much of a difference for Burner synergy, unless my team is already fairly fast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille