HUT Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
So I have enough coin to get another All Star player. Whom is projected to own the skills or win the game?

Other than that, I want to see what people think of my team:

(90) Marchand - (90) Glass - (92) Jagr
(86) Tkachuk - (87) Suzuki - (90) Lafontaine
(87) Conner - (87) McDavid - (89) Laine
(88 Marleau - (86) Dvorak - (88) zuccarelo

(90) Reilly - (88) Numminen
(91) Werenski - (89) Burns
(88) Sandin - (88) Hughes (all star, whole reason for question)

(91) Rinne - (90) Roy

93 overall - 96 - 93 - 90

Thanks!

Personally, I find it super risky to invest in any of these cards. The skills competition is a complete crapshoot, often times the biggest snipers in the NHL can't hit the targets, and McDavid 88 with 99 is skating is meh since there's so many high overall McDavids with that.

Right now, I'm sitting on ASG Rittich, Vas, Kreider and Drai. All are untradeable except Drai

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
If HUT had a “base card only” mode i think it would be really popular. You get to build a team the way you want and/or with your favorite players, but don’t have to do the tedious grinding or working the marketplace for 2 hours a day to get players.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
If HUT had a “base card only” mode i think it would be really popular. You get to build a team the way you want and/or with your favorite players, but don’t have to do the tedious grinding or working the marketplace for 2 hours a day to get players.

Don't think you have to grind that much. The HUT Rivals give you pretty good rewards. I had a 88 Pastarnak all star from a pack but he went up to 95 some reason. Vanek 88 and Vrana 91 were HUT gifts. Vrana and Pasta are killer for me. Hoping to save up some coin to get a proper lefty on my 2nd line.

Pastarnak 95 - Primeau 88 - Vrana 91
Vanek 88 - Hertl 88 - some 85 legend for team synergy
Perron 88 - Brind'a'mour 86 - Bellmare 85
Nolan 86 - Neuwendyk 85 - Kobasew 86

Giordano 84 - Chelios 87
Hedman 84 - Burns 85
Josi 83 - Karlsson 85

Montoya 85
bronze g for double team synergy

Team's basically all untradeable. Obviously not as good as many other teams for people who play more but I haven't played much this year. Maybe 2-4 games a week. Would love to upgrade D too.

Last edited:

mhart1

Maniac Caniac
Oct 8, 2013
Pori
Just pulled a 93 Daniel Briere in a base pack. Best pull this year for me
I got him in that weekly pack which includes gold collectible aswell. I have been pretty lucky with those packs considering it's coins what I use to buy those so most times I make my investment back if you look at how much the player goes and cold collectible is worth a lot too.

My current lineup:

NHL HUT Builder - Team Builder

Got now enough collectibles for tradeable Jagr set and I think I do that. Have a feeling next event MSPs won't be that desireable...

Dylonus

May 4, 2009
Pittsburgh
I did the 125k pack (didn't know it was untradeable.....) and got Foegele.

Played 2 games of SB so far. Both on All-Star. My God. HE IS A MONSTER. He's definitely faster than anyone on the ice and his wrist is top-notch.

If the rules apply like they did last year; then PLEASE GET THE WC SPOT CAROLINA! I can't IMAGINE this card at 98!

RangerGuru

May 14, 2013
It is super frustrating to go up against these stacked teams at this time of year. My only players above 87 are 91 Zibanejad (gift from Christmas), a 94 Weber that I got super lucky in a division title pack, and an 89 Antropov I bought cheap from the Auction House. May be that I just started doing HUT Rivals as opposed to just Online Seasons, but crazy how I seem like the only team who has sub 90 players out there now :D

How did you all get these types? HUT Rivals? What is the best way to pump up that overall?

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
It is super frustrating to go up against these stacked teams at this time of year. My only players above 87 are 91 Zibanejad (gift from Christmas), a 94 Weber that I got super lucky in a division title pack, and an 89 Antropov I bought cheap from the Auction House. May be that I just started doing HUT Rivals as opposed to just Online Seasons, but crazy how I seem like the only team who has sub 90 players out there now :D

How did you all get these types? HUT Rivals? What is the best way to pump up that overall?
Play HUT Rivals, Hut champs and/or squad battles. Online seasons gives you absolute garbage rewards compared to the ones I just named

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016

Compete in Rivals, HUT Champs, GWC, and Squad Battles every week. The higher you place, the more gold players you get. Trade in everyone you don't want for gold collectibles, and after a few events you'll have enough for a master set player.

Tunsbe

Mar 23, 2020
Got him!

Does somebody have Dynamic Duo Draisatl in ps4 for sale or for trade?
Hit me up in here or psn, ID is tunsbe

Last edited:

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Where do I see the game stats during a HUT game? Passing percentage, shots and penalties etc. Or do I only see it at the end of the game?
I think they removed a lot of the stats. I can't even find previous games for some of the online stuff.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Is anyone else super bored of NHL 20?

The last ~6 weeks I've barely been playing. I'm in Division 1 in Rivals but it's so boring. Everyone you play just tries to protect the puck for 5 minutes until a one-timer opens up. I get it, it's the meta, but I honestly think I preferred the backwards skating meta. Sometimes I'll purposely try to get demoted to Division 2 just to play more entertaining games.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
The 1K post rule is back in effect. Please make a new thread.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->