HUT Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectricDreamMachine

Nov 5, 2013
I don't have any of the monthly legends and I don't generally hate the concept but I think they should have slightly lower overalls. It's been pretty annoying for the past two months facing up every other game against Nieuwendyk who has 95 face-offs and 99 speed as there isn't really a reasonably priced center that can match him yet.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Anyone try the 93 Drew Doughty? Thoughts?

His base gold card is outstanding for what it is, can't see the 93 being bad in any way.

Is it worth the cost though? Especially considering their are other Doughty cards out there (87 and 89).

Probably not, still won't stop me from buying one when I get enough for 15 Xmas tree collectables.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
All the legends should have been released by now for HUT. At this rate, some players will be released when Chell 20 is a week away from hitting the shelves.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I don't have any of the monthly legends and I don't generally hate the concept but I think they should have slightly lower overalls. It's been pretty annoying for the past two months facing up every other game against Nieuwendyk who has 95 face-offs and 99 speed as there isn't really a reasonably priced center that can match him yet.

I guess that isn't a bad idea.

I think there's two main players in HUT - the ones that spend money (a pretty good amount), and the ones who don't (or spend little). The ones that spend money clearly have a competitive advantage, and still do, so EA releases these free legends to combat it. You're right that the players who don't log in every day suffer, but it's not that hard to get the 80 collectibles a month. One log in when you wake up, one at night gives you 60+. Then you have to complete the daily challenges around 20 times, or there's usually challenges that get you around ~10 a month.

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
Monster of a card with one big problem: he has incredibly crappy synergies. Not one team synergy and the individual synergies he does have aren't that good.

And most gamers already have Horton and MacInnis in the other 2 slots. Think I'll just keep big Buff. Love the big hits.

I have...
Buff, Leetch
Mac, Coffey
Horton, Iafrate (awesome card)

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
And most gamers already have Horton and MacInnis in the other 2 slots. Think I'll just keep big Buff. Love the big hits.

I have...
Buff, Leetch
Mac, Coffey
Horton, Iafrate (awesome card)

Yeah. If anything, I'd wait till the next set comes out with the next MSPs. They're almost guaranteed to be better cards with likely better synergies.

nilssont

May 27, 2007
So i got pretty much all of these done expect that in the proggressions i still need to advance to div 7 even tho I'm all ready in div 1... I have completed nearly all the objectives in the game but to get Nolan i pretty much need to do it twice just because this stupid game doesn't understand that it's impossible to advance to a higher division from div 1?

I Would literally need to first lose games on purpose and start the grind all over again, jesus.

Well at least i'll get the 500 wins objective done faster as well.

Isnt it enough to survive division 1 to complete the advance to div 8 or higher? Christ

Hasa92

Aug 4, 2012
Finland
Isnt it enough to survive division 1 to complete the advance to div 8 or higher? Christ
No, at least it wasn't the last time I completed the season but they might have updated it. Winning the title might also count here but I really doubt it since it's EA we are talking about here, not to mention that it would be unnecessary hard especially if the object is about getting to freaking div. 7 for me at least.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
No, at least it wasn't the last time I completed the season but they might have updated it. Winning the title might also count here but I really doubt it since it's EA we are talking about here, not to mention that it would be unnecessary hard especially if the object is about getting to freaking div. 7 for me at least.
Winning the D1 title does count for the objective

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Any tricks for getting shots on goal for MaCinnis? Just play the rookie challenges and spam shots from everywhere?

mhart1

Maniac Caniac
Oct 8, 2013
Pori
Any tricks for getting shots on goal for MaCinnis? Just play the rookie challenges and spam shots from everywhere?
Yep. I'm ~5000 shots short, but then again I'm 750 goals short from Gartner so... Well I just try to get them naturally.

Reactions: KJoe88

Hasa92

Aug 4, 2012
Finland
Fastest way to it is to keep playing the same rookie challenges all over again but that is really boring and it doesn't give you any other proggresssion except games played & goals.

What i did was:

-Play team of the week 40 times on easy mode, that way you can earn some coins as well and get some free packs from the challenges.

-Complete as many challenges as possible, same thing as above and if you do enough of these you can get 86 Theo Fleury (nice, lover end ovr. player in ny team but I still use him and lately he has been scoring some clutch goals) and Andy Moog who sucks in net but has good synergies so I use him as a backup.

-Play online.

-I also completed the Draft Championship wins challenge but cannot recommend this at all, yes you can earn some coins and packs doing so but the player rewards suck, and it's the hardest game mode in the game because the team you get suck, average div 1 is way easier than DC game 4 against AI. Forget playing online, nobody has that bad team and on top of that if you play dc games online I believe it tries to find opponents near your division, i was in div 1, try playing that with a 77 ovr team, yikes.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
With the market dip I built MSP Kuch for about 20k per collectible. Could sell him but definitely want to try him out first

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I finished building my Bobby Clarke this morning. Played three games with him as my 3rd line C (he just replaced pre-order Sundin. Didn't want to mess with my RWs and his 85 face-off was the same as Sundin). I like the card, honestly. He feels smooth, has a great shot from the slot. I wasn't a big fan of Roenick, but thats probably because he's a RH shot and I hate them all (not enjoying the loan Selanne, only exception is Gartner)

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
My team is currently:

Gartner (91) - Nieuwdenyk (90) - Morenz (89)
Selanne (93) - Gretzky (85) - Modano (92)
Roenick (91) - Clarke (93) - Crosby (87)
Marner (86) - Larionov (84) - Cournoyer (86)

MacInnis (91) - Coffey (89)
Horton (90) - OEL (87)
Risto (86) - Rielly (85)

Holtby (82)
Moog (89)

- Moog is trash, don't use him. He's very small and if you're playing against him, just aim for the top corners and the puck will go in.

- As you can tell, I need my Cs to have high faceoffs. That's why Gretzky plays on my second line, he also plays like an ~88.

- I would recommend any defenseman I have playing on the team. I make sure my D can skate well, and most of them can shoot well, too.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
I'm somehow 30-3. All from divisions gameplay. Haven't touched compseasons yet. I don't have any team synergies activated either. Highest overall players; 88 Hull 88 Ovy. Brad Park 86 Subban 85. 83 Hellbuyck in goal. lol

The market is brutal in 19 compared to 17 and 18. More FIFA'esque.

redwings25

Jul 28, 2016
gf gave me this stupid game for Christmas. hope she doesn't notice its unistalled and im playing 15 still. have 18 and 19 and they don't even make good coasters

Reactions: bobbythebrain

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
I finally got Christmas Forsberg and omg is he insane. His base card and ToTW card are average but his special Christmas card is off of the chart.

He has 10G-3A in five games. I have six synergies on my team including his three. Burner, DZ and CP. And I suck at online HUT.

But I like the team I have atm.

Hull 88 - Bergeron 86 - Lindsay 93
Forsberg 91 - Giroux 87 - Larkin 85
Laine 86 - Gretzky 85 - Lafleur 85
Benn 84 - Kuznetsov 85 - Seguin 84

Karlsson 88 - Green 85
Risto 86 - OEL 86
Subban - 85 - Ellis 84

Jones 85 - Varlomov 82

I’m also less than 100 sets away from getting Sakic. Excited about that.

Last edited:

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
It’s also hilarious that some of these prices for the TOTW cards dropped so dramatically.

I got TOTW Karlsson 88 for 90k and Giroux 87 for 40k. I’m trying to snipe a Doughty and Bergeron for cheap.

I don’t think people realize that these cards will raise up again in a week or so. Especially a card like Karlsson. At least the other special cards did when the cyber pack released.

I did purchase three of those ToTW packs and yuck. My best pull was Josi. But I knew the risk. Still because of the market crash I got Karlsson and Giroux for stupid cheap. Pretty happy with how my team is shaping up considering I play casually.

Last edited:

ElectricDreamMachine

Nov 5, 2013
The TOTW market was insane yesterday :laugh:. Sold MacKinnon for 130k on tuesday because of the 6 day loan player (got Selänne obv) and bought him back yesterday for 60k. Now the price is at 80-90k and prolly going even further up like KJoe88 is saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad