Evo MacKinmon - Evo Sid - Evo Hall
Evo Laine - Evo Getzlaf - MSP Franzen
Evo Boeser - Evo Bergeron - FB Hossa

Evo Karlsson - MSP Pronger
Evo Doughty - Evo Hedman
Evo Jones - MSP Bourque

Awards Rinne
TOTY Hart

I haven’t found the Jagr to be that groundbreaking. Feels like any other 99, which is not what he’s advertised as. The Bure is absolutely ridiculous, best card I’ve ever used.

KWPower

Mar 1, 2018
Thunder Bay, Ontario
I miss the days when high overall cards were actually worth something on the market. I guess it makes the game less pay to win but took the grinding out of it for me.

Reactions: SnS

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
I miss the days when high overall cards were actually worth something on the market. I guess it makes the game less pay to win but took the grinding out of it for me.

I liked the lots of high cards, I know before when playing I would quit after a few weeks of building a team cause I’d play guys with bought lineups over and over again and get throttled because every shot went in. Didn’t spend a dime on the mode and had a very solid team this year

Quit playing about 3 months ago once playoffs started though, the game mode and ea in general is bad, ie I find if I stop playing for like a week and play again my team seems to get bounces that it shouldn’t. Same with if I play 4-5 games in a row, by the 4th ish game my goalie can’t stop a beach ball. Don’t think I’ll even get 19 at this point

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
I like the fact that you don't need to spend a dime. I still grind, but I grind by playing the game, not the AH. Grinding the AH sucks and isn't what HUT is about imo. Yeah you can do that to supplement your coins but it shouldn't be the only way to acquire coins/elite players.

nilssont

May 27, 2007
I like the fact that you don't need to spend a dime. I still grind, but I grind by playing the game, not the AH. Grinding the AH sucks and isn't what HUT is about imo. Yeah you can do that to supplement your coins but it shouldn't be the only way to acquire coins/elite players.

Yeah seasons is a great way to get packs. Usually just have to play 2 games to get a couple of packs.
Spent 0 dollar and in november i pulled a UL Chelios wich I sold for 485k and it really made my team competetive with smart investments and patience on the market.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Yeah seasons is a great way to get packs. Usually just have to play 2 games to get a couple of packs.
Spent 0 dollar and in november i pulled a UL Chelios wich I sold for 485k and it really made my team competetive with smart investments and patience on the market.
Damn how the market has fallen... I saw UL Chelios for lik 60k recently. That's what a flood of >90 OVR will do. But to your main point, absolutely, I remember in HUTs first couple years you only got pucks/coins for playing online, and it wasn't a significant amount at all either. If you wanted elite players you had to either get lucky in packs (which rarely happened) or grind like hell on the AH. I'd bet people spent more $ on HUT 5 years ago than they do today becasue it was so hard to get elite players. Hell, if you qualify for Hut Champs you're at least guaranteed 20k from the Ultimate pack.

Now you can get a great team by being good at the actual game, not spending wads of cash or scouring the AH for hours. I started my team about 2 months ago, spend $0 and currently have a very respectable team.

Reactions: nilssont

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
If anyone is looking for a good goalie, FA Hasek is probably the best I’ve used.

Still lets in weak goals, but makes some great saves and bails you out. I think I’ve gone 23-1 since I’ve added him.

fredligh

Jan 3, 2011
Iceland

Agree, it is a joke, i have played HUT for a month when the game was launched, and then sporadically until now which is 100 games in total, with all the free players i receive from EA + the starting packs from the special HUT version i have a team which is every player above 90 overall, and with many 95+ players, some luck and some bargains now at the end, i remember when i played Fifa UT and i hade to grind for almost all year to finally buy a 88 rated aguero for 250k. But boy was he good. Now i have 97 Eichel and i can barely see the difference between the players i have and my opponent. the way EA inflate the market is a joke, make people grind with euro or minor league players, it is more fun tbh now everyone have the same players in october.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
For those who play HUT "offline". How do you deal with the computer in superstar league when its 5 stars? The computer makes me want to throw my controller non stop with the insanity. I started playing too late to play online, since everyone's team is 99 OA. That's just a 15min clown pounding.

I do plan to pre order this year and start from day 1, and try to compete vs other players

Last edited:

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Agree, it is a joke, i have played HUT for a month when the game was launched, and then sporadically until now which is 100 games in total, with all the free players i receive from EA + the starting packs from the special HUT version i have a team which is every player above 90 overall, and with many 95+ players, some luck and some bargains now at the end, i remember when i played Fifa UT and i hade to grind for almost all year to finally buy a 88 rated aguero for 250k. But boy was he good. Now i have 97 Eichel and i can barely see the difference between the players i have and my opponent. the way EA inflate the market is a joke, make people grind with euro or minor league players, it is more fun tbh now everyone have the same players in october.
The worst is when your 88+ players on a would be break away are getting paced by a 65 backskating defender when playing offline.

CanuckGame39

Oct 13, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
Not sure if this is the right thread to ask.

But I saw Naslund is going to be in the game this year and I really want that card. Which version do I pre order to be able to get to pick Naslund?

-Legends edition for $99.99
-ultimate edition for $129.99

Any advice is appreciated.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh

But I saw Naslund is going to be in the game this year and I really want that card. Which version do I pre order to be able to get to pick Naslund?

You do not get an option to choose naslund with the preorders, however in the ea access trial you get him as a loan player for 10 games. So you can at least use him for 10 games right away before you try and get him on the auction house

Reactions: CanuckGame39

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton

Hey, I believe any version works. The biggest difference from Legends and Ultimate is the additional hut pack you get for 20 weeks.

Also, I believe you get a loan Naslund after you finish the tutorial.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016

Buy the Legends addition, and then buy packs with coins. Quick sell what you don’t need and pray you get a couple good guys you can sell on the AH. Then buy Naslund

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Curious to see what people's teams look like after 10 hour of EA Access and/or a day of early access. Through packs, trade-in sets and preorder bonuses I'm further ahead that I thought I'd be.

Excluding Loan players:
Lafleur 85-Gretzky 85- Robitaille 84
Staal 83-Kuznetsov 84-Boeser 82
Hayes 81-Backes 81-Grabner 80
Simon 80-McDavid 80-Guentzel 80

Vlasic 81- Gord Murphy-83
Butcher 81-Letang-83
Muzzin 80-Schultz 81

Hrudy 82

sjosty26

May 8, 2013
Got Seguin and Kessel out of the $10 in packs I spent so that’s solid.

Excluding loans
Kreisler 81 - Gretzky 85 - Lafleur 85
AHL scrub - Seguin 84 - Kessel 83
AHL - Staal 81 - Tarasenko 80
AHL - McDavid 80 - Aberg 76

Butcher 81 - Harvey 83
Chabot 80 - Demers 79
Gunnarson 77 - AHL

Crawford 82
AHL

Once I cleanse myself of those AHL guys I can really start getting at it. Not bad after loyalty/preorder packs, $10, and a couple hours though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beauner

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Not sure if you can promote channels here, but I'm streaming NHL and will probably stream HUT and some EASHL. If I can't, can a mod delete.

Here is my twitch channel if anyone wants to watch someone past their NHL prime play the game:

twitch.tv/jimmygx89

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I've spent some money, more than I should've. I've also had some insane pack luck.

Ovechkin - Lafontaine - Cournayer
Benn - Gretzky - Laine
Pavelski - Forsberg - Kessel
Mahovolich - Linden - Getzlaf

Salming - Doughty
Carlson - Burns
Vlasic - Klingberg

Bower
Lundqvist

Ovechkin was a regular gold pack, Mahovolich in my returning user bonus pack, and Gretzky/Forsberg/Doughty from packs from buying Ultimate Edition. I haven't bought a single ultimate pack and barely any of the 35K gold packs.

RangerGuru

May 14, 2013
Pre ordered the legend edition (first time ever pre ordering) but only see the return bonus reward, not the rookie or the promised pre order packs. Is there a code or something I need to have? How do you get them?

nilssont

May 27, 2007
Pre ordered the legend edition (first time ever pre ordering) but only see the return bonus reward, not the rookie or the promised pre order packs. Is there a code or something I need to have? How do you get them?

Restart the game and enter HUT again.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Can I ask which return/loyalty bonus you got? Did you previously own NHL 16, 17 and/or 18? Are they installed on your hard drive still?

I own 16 an 17 (disc copies) and 18 (digital copy). All for PS4. Because my hard-drive is only so big, I deleted NHL 16 and 17 long ago. Do I need to re-install them? Or will EA know that my account has previously played 16/17/18?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad