HUT Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I see on Reddit some guy posted that his 92 overall legend randomly became a 5 game loan card and EA support won’t do anything about it. He paid $700k for it. Damn.

Jaleel619

Nov 16, 2016
SJ
Ok I gotta ask.....

Am I the only one that hears a rogue whistle, and the play carries on?

Am I the only one that sees their family members in the crowd? ITS CREEPY

And am I the only one that ices a team that has played for their real team? Maybe its just cuz in SJ fans aren't hockey fans, we're SHARKS fans. hahaha u gotta love our character!

mhart1

Maniac Caniac
Oct 8, 2013
Pori
I see on Reddit some guy posted that his 92 overall legend randomly became a 5 game loan card and EA support won’t do anything about it. He paid $700k for it. Damn.
Read about it too. Everybody knows EA support is useless, but if those devs at the reddit sub won't help either, that is when people will riot.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
The system is completely flawed. I understand the higher ranked thing but the rankings in the first place make no sense.

I get 15 points for a win and then I get an OT loss and lose 200+ points and fall 700 spots down the rankings.. My record right now is 10-0-2 and I'm in 894th! I went from top 50, top 100 all the way down after a triple over time loss.. Players around me have 3-0, 4-1, 5-2 records.. it's ridiculous.

There must be a better way for EA to fix the CS standings.

The standings aren't really an issue, you're just losing to guys well below you and probably beating guys below you, too.

If anything, the matchmaking needs to be improved. But, like in Division play, there's not enough of an active player base to completely solve this issue. Unless you're waiting 10 minutes for a game, which just sucks, you're going to have to match with others not around you, and either gain small points or lose big points.

By the way, it doesn't account the score of the game or if the game goes to OT. Your triple overtime loss counts the same as a regulation, 8-0 blowout, unfortunately.

I'm ranked top 250 right now after going 3-0. The first guy was pretty good, the second guy was crazy good and had an unreal team, and the third guy was pretty bad. I'm guessing the 1st game, but especially the 2nd game, gave me a ton of points so here I am. My three games may have been tougher than someone going 10-1 against teams all well below them. Ya know?

Read about it too. Everybody knows EA support is useless, but if those devs at the reddit sub won't help either, that is when people will riot.

I think Flopfish and the other guy are going to help him, thankfully.

But the EA Support is really something else. I think the amount of micro transactions EA puts in their games are extremely disappointing, but it's even more disappointing that they have such a clueless support team. You pay $90 for their video game, then pay a ton extra if you want to actually be competitive in the popular online modes, and then they have the worst customer support ever who don't have a clue what's going on or what they're talking about.

I'm glad I haven't spent a dime in my life on HUT. I would be outraged if that happened to me. I even regret getting the pre-order packs after seeing how shitty the stupid Gold Packs they give me every week are. Last years Gold Plus packs were much better.

Also, a little off topic, but that 13-10 contract drop actually sucks. I'm constantly having to spend that 8000 coins on contract packs.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
In my previous post, I said I beat a pretty good player that had a good team in CS. I just checked where he finished this round...#1. Pretty cool.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Updated team - I gave up building an all Wings team. **** that.

LaFleur 85 - Lindsay - 93 - Kuznetsov 85
Hull 88 - Larionov 90 - Ogrodnick 87
Laine 86 - Larkin 85 - Nyquist 84
Seguin 84 - Kopitar 87 - Ehlers 84

Risto 84 - Subban 85
OEL - 85 - Green 85
Yandle 83 - Hanafin 81

Varlomov 82 - Gibson 83

Definitely not as fancy as a lot of teams but it gets the job done. I would love some better defenseman but I’m poor. Sitting at 200k (trying to save for some of those top tier cards) and really haven’t been able to grind the market. I just keep hoping for some amazing pulls for coins.

I play HUT pretty casually, so I’d like to think it isn’t that bad. Really would love the 91 Forsberg.

Last edited:

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
This 95 McDavid is hilarious.. I'm buying 125k packs, taking two snowflake collectibles and selling them for more than 125k combined.. easiest profit ever. That's not even counting the players from packs.

Not sure why these people don't just buy the packs themselves. :laugh:

EDIT - I guess you aren't guaranteed two snowflakes everytime but still a good method to make coins.

Last edited:

Jaleel619

Nov 16, 2016
SJ
Does anybody know how I go about resetting my progression tier and HUT challenges? I deleted my team assuming that would and it remains.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
This 95 McDavid is hilarious.. I'm buying 125k packs, taking two snowflake collectibles and selling them for more than 125k combined.. easiest profit ever. That's not even counting the players from packs.

EDIT - I guess you aren't guaranteed two snowflakes everytime but still a good method to make coins.

The tryhards who are $2500 deep already and constantly need to skate backwards and message you about how much you suck need the card that badly.

Honestly, though. Sorta reminds me of last year where they put international cards in bronze packs that would quick sell for 2x the amount of a bronze pack. Came away with 50+ bronze collectibles and enough coins to complete an Evo set.

mhart1

Maniac Caniac
Oct 8, 2013
Pori

You are not guaranteed any snowflakes. You sir got extremely lucky. :) I opened two packs and didn't pull single snowflake.

ElectricDreamMachine

Nov 5, 2013
Made a full current/alumni Tampa team for the max 80 comp season :cool::

Gourde(80)-Stamkos(85)-Palat(80)
Miller(80)-Johnson(80)-Killorn(80)
Erne(77)-Filppula(79)-Callahan(78)
Raddysh(72)-Peca(72)-Vermin(73)

Coburn(78)-Stralman(80)
Koekkoek(77)-Girardi(77)
Garrison(74)-Gudas(75)

Bishop(80)
Smith(79)

BU and CS activated
Currently ranked ~300, 3-1-0

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
I hate that everyone is going to have 80% of the same roster this season. You can't be competitive with a niche team anymore. I used to like building Team Sweden or Team Euro. Now I got to play Ferraro, Roenick, Gartner, MacInnis etc. to be competitive.

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
In the Customization packs they should have a card that unlocks a player so they can be traded / sold.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I hate that everyone is going to have 80% of the same roster this season. You can't be competitive with a niche team anymore. I used to like building Team Sweden or Team Euro. Now I got to play Ferraro, Roenick, Gartner, MacInnis etc. to be competitive.
Agreed. They should have made it a choice pack at least. The objectives are a good idea but everyone getting the same player is boring.

Maybe you get the hitting objective and have a 5 player choice pack with Lindros, Tkachuk, Neely, Shannahan, Howe.. at least it would allow for some diversity.

I don't know why they didn't have this when you got to choose an 85 legend at the start of the game and a rookie from a list of like 12 players.

I actually think the monthly legends are a dumb idea. Shouldn't even be in the game.

Chewmasey

Jan 28, 2013
Winnipeg
I haven't spent a single dime (real money) on packs this year or last year.

When we collected rosters for gold packs is when I spent the most money ever on HUT, somewhere around $500 CDN.
That year was the most fun I've had playing this game.

A Legend every month just for logging in?
Why spend money now, I'm guaranteed a decent player every month for just signing in.

Seems kinda ass backwards to me.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Monthly legends are awesome. They're smart from EA's perspective because it keeps you playing their product two times a day, at least. They're awesome for free-to-play players because we get a high overall card every month that can keep up with some of the better cards in the game (the paid cards will usually all be better).

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
There is a new pause boot glitch being used now instead of IP booting.

mhart1

Maniac Caniac
Oct 8, 2013
Pori
There is a new pause boot glitch being used now instead of IP booting.
These glitches are reason why I just casually play online divs for a game or two per day, if even that.

The competitiveness has taken control over the fun for some people and I rather play someone who is there for just a game than teeth grinding.

Hasa92

Aug 4, 2012
Finland

You might find this useful.

So i got pretty much all of these done expect that in the proggressions i still need to advance to div 7 even tho I'm all ready in div 1... I have completed nearly all the objectives in the game but to get Nolan i pretty much need to do it twice just because this stupid game doesn't understand that it's impossible to advance to a higher division from div 1?

I Would literally need to first lose games on purpose and start the grind all over again, jesus.

Well at least i'll get the 500 wins objective done faster as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad