HUT Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
First year I’ve really gotten into HUT, stuck in Div 6 cause everyone else buys their teams which sucks but what can you do lol

Think some losses have been cause of this ‘lag switch’ phenomenon, my connections perfect and I’ll go into games with ‘Good’ connection but it still lags?

Anyhow, just discovered the Sets feature which is super dope, wish the cooldown was either shorter or not existent though :laugh: did a Silver Rares—>Common Gold and got a 76 Ian McCoshen which is whatever, then a Common Golds—>Rare Gold which gave me a 80 Tyler Myers which is decent I guess, only gave 75-77s for it thankfully.

Did one more of each this morning, yet to check what I got, will update when I jump on later
EDIT: got a 79 Valtteri Filppula and an 81 Mike Green, better than last time!
I'd suggest taking any gold rare under 83 and doing the 5 gold rare to 1 gold collectible set. You can sell the collectible for about 17k and use those coins to buy some better players

Reactions: quintana

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Why in the **** are my players so ****** slow?!?

It’s behind frustrating to see my Larkin or Lindsay skating in ******* mud.

Wtf did EA do?

mhart1

Maniac Caniac
Oct 8, 2013
Pori

Wtf did EA do?
Oh that is just good ol' Dynamic Difficulty Adjustment, aka Ice Tilt.

That, plus your or oppos connection and overall server traffic.

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
ea is defiantly not banning people for doing the pause glitch. it seems i'm getting it done to me more and more each day. Anyone else notice the same?

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008

Wtf did EA do?
There are always certain players who feel faster with lesser stats. I've heard Lindsay doesn't skate like a 99.

Ferraro to me is the fastest player in the game. Hall's 89+ card is up there too.

I've used Geoffrion's 91 card which has 99 speed and he is not as fast as those two.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
There are always certain players who feel faster with lesser stats. I've heard Lindsay doesn't skate like a 99.

Ferraro to me is the fastest player in the game. Hall's 89+ card is up there too.

I've used Geoffrion's 91 card which has 99 speed and he is not as fast as those two.

It’s not that. Lindsay is fast as hell. The Larkin 85 is also frigging stupid. I mean my entire team is pretty fast. Larionov, Forsberg, Kane, Karlsson. Literally all of them are slow all of a sudden.

I’ve had them for a long while. Today? All of my players have been slow. Like almost not moving. I don’t get it

mhart1

Maniac Caniac
Oct 8, 2013
Pori
ea is defiantly not banning people for doing the pause glitch. it seems i'm getting it done to me more and more each day. Anyone else notice the same?
Well people literally were jumping up in the CS leaderboard which means they have been banning people. But the thing is that more and more mentally frustrated kids learn the booting and they keep doing it until they get banned. I am staying away from online gaming until they find the fix.

It's really bad but we're getting there. At some point the glitchers have used all their accounts and can't do it anymore, because I read EA have been throwing permanent bans too.

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
Well people literally were jumping up in the CS leaderboard which means they have been banning people. But the thing is that more and more mentally frustrated kids learn the booting and they keep doing it until they get banned. I am staying away from online gaming until they find the fix.

It's really bad but we're getting there. At some point the glitchers have used all their accounts and can't do it anymore, because I read EA have been throwing permanent bans too.

That is awesome news but it still feels a long way to go when you have 3 pause glitches done on you in a matter of 10 minutes.

Emery

Jul 18, 2011
Ottawa
Gold Player re-rolls are awesome, swapped in an 81 Shattenkirk and 80 JT Miller and got an 87 Billy Smith.. Second go I swapped in an 83 Fleury and 80 Johansson and got an 86 Marchand. Lineup now sits as;

Marchand(86) Sillinger(83) Lafleur(85)
Panarin(84) Point(82) Voracek(83)
Stone(82) McDavid(80) Marner(82)
Meier(80) Patrick(79) Tarasenko(80)
Gross(85) Letang(83)
Klefbom(80) Numminen(83)
Chabot(80) Green(81)
Smith(87)
Price(84)

Looking to improve C and LD

Last edited:

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Gold Player re-rolls are awesome, swapped in an 81 Shattenkirk and 80 JT Miller and got an 87 Billy Smith.. Second go I swapped in an 83 Fleury and 80 Johansson and got an 86 Marchand. Lineup now sits as;

Marchand(86) Sillinger(83) Lafleur(85)
Panarin(84) Point(82) Voracek(83)
Stone(82) McDavid(80) Marner(82)
Meier(80) Patrick(79) Tarasenko(80)
Gross(85) Letang(83)
Klefbom(80) Numminen(83)
Chabot(80) Green(81)
Smith(87)
Price(84)

Looking to improve C and LD
I recently rerolled Salming and Lafontaine... only problem was that both were already in my lineup :laugh:

For center, not sure how many coins you're working with but base Bergeron is a good cheap option. Faceoffs are important and he's great at them. Also, try getting the monthly legend (Mikita for this month). They're all centers and tend to have good FO stats since they're >90 overall

Reactions: quintana

Emery

Jul 18, 2011
Ottawa
I recently rerolled Salming and Lafontaine... only problem was that both were already in my lineup :laugh:

For center, not sure how many coins you're working with but base Bergeron is a good cheap option. Faceoffs are important and he's great at them. Also, try getting the monthly legend (Mikita for this month). They're all centers and tend to have good FO stats since they're >90 overall

I’ll keep my eyes on the Auction House for Bergy thanks for the tip! Sillinger is my only decent faceoff guy at the moment so that’d help out forsure

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
I’ll keep my eyes on the Auction House for Bergy thanks for the tip! Sillinger is my only decent faceoff guy at the moment so that’d help out forsure

Alumni Gilmour (BU/FM synergies) or Lairionov (BM/T) are good cheap faceoff options that lasted through the first month for me.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Huh hadnt been paused glitched in a while, there it is again. Scored a goal quickly against a scrub and he pause glitched me, f***ing virgins.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
How exactly is it fair that EA is simply going to ban these guys, why the f*** should our records be tainted with no compensation?

Some of us take our records seriously, I have around 30 losses this year in HUT and at least 10 have come from this dumb glitch. What exactly do we gain from these f***ers getting banned?

nilssont

May 27, 2007
Yeah im taking a break until this pause glitch bullshit has been taken care of.
I actually feel really sad for those who spend cash on packs and getting pause glitched in return. Im mad enough as it is without spending.
This glitch really got my motivation to play drop alot

Reactions: mhart1

I Hate Philadelphia

Aug 10, 2015
Orlando, Florida
I was on ps4 every year for a while now and switched to Xbox this year because I got an X and wanted to see if it was any different.

It's not but still ended up being a great decision lol.

Emery

Jul 18, 2011
Ottawa
Ended up nabbing a Bergeron for 6,450

Marchand(86) Bergeron(84) Lafleur(85)
Panarin(84) Sillinger(83) Voracek(83)
Larkin(81) Point(82) Marner(82)
Meier(80) McDavid(80) Tarasenko(80)
Gross(85) Letang(83)
Keith(81) Numminen(83)
Chabot(80) Green(81)
Smith(87)
Price(84)

Thinking of going for a solid LD next
EDIT: put Gross up for auction and got 30,050 for him, followed by nabbing a Gostisbehere for 10,000, Alumni Larionov for 5,200 and Alumni Brad Park for 15,000 :laugh:

Last edited:

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I’ve been doing the 5 gold rares to gold collectible sets. I’m hoarding the gold collectibles because the second they release a set using them, the price will go up (probably significantly right away). Once I sell mine off, I’ll probably go for one of the high end Evos out.

Finally completed my 500th set. Sakic has a deadly wrist shot and speed, seemed snake bitten in the few games I played with him. But definitely helped me compete in the games.

For those complaining about the pause glitch, I feel for you. It sucks. Ideally you wouldn’t have to worry about that, and if you did it would be fixed quickly, and if it wasn’t you would get compensated. But EA is pretty brutal towards their customers and the support is literally useless.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Anyone else get two packs? (Or more? Or less?)

I ended up choosing 86 Zaitzev and I decided to go with the 91 Fowler. Hard to pass up max skating with 90 endurance. Plus the BU synergy on defense is rare atm; and not to mention expensive asf

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Anyone else get two packs? (Or more? Or less?)

I ended up choosing 86 Zaitzev and I decided to go with the 91 Fowler. Hard to pass up max skating with 90 endurance. Plus the BU synergy on defense is rare atm; and not to mention expensive asf
Didn’t get them.... What a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->