Hurricanes Lounge XXVIII: The "where's the rain?" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I hope everybody else had a better afternoon than me. I left home, ran some errands, came back and found the place like this. A toilet backflowed and spewed mud and a bunch of foreign debris into the house.

47D11CF9-945A-4445-A3CA-C51478B1E3AE.jpeg

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I hope everybody else had a better afternoon than me. I left home, ran some errands, came back and found the place like this. A toilet backflowed and spewed mud and a bunch of foreign debris into the house.

View attachment 158651
Yuck! We got a notification a couple of weeks ago here that Durham was doing sewer work and there could be periodic bubbling and odors and “explosive” has discharges. I was certain we’d end up with the same issues you are now experiencing.

Surrounded By Ahos

Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Damn, sorry man. "Foreign" debris in the kitchen is never good.
Yeah it’s a mess. Best part is some deeper into the downstairs, which is carpeted. No idea how damaged that is :help:

It wasn’t mud that backflowed from the toilet.

I’m sure there’s fecal matter, too, but a lot of it is yard gunk. Acorn caps, pine straw, mulch. A glove. Lots of things you don’t typically find in a sewage pipe.

Yuck! We got a notification a couple of weeks ago here that Durham was doing sewer work and there could be periodic bubbling and odors and “explosive” has discharges. I was certain we’d end up with the same issues you are now experiencing.

That’s the thing. We had no such warning, but when I left there were a bunch of city of Raleigh trucks doing some work in a sewer access/manhole cover rightnip the street from my house. Then driving home I saw they had a fire hydrant just running water.

I can’t think of any other cause for this. Nobody was home at the time, and there wasn’t anything that used water in use.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Yeah it’s a mess. Best part is some deeper into the downstairs, which is carpeted. No idea how damaged that is :help:

I’m sure there’s fecal matter, too, but a lot of it is yard gunk. Acorn caps, pine straw, mulch. A glove. Lots of things you don’t typically find in a sewage pipe.

That’s the thing. We had no such warning, but when I left there were a bunch of city of Raleigh trucks doing some work in a sewer access/manhole cover rightnip the street from my house. Then driving home I saw they had a fire hydrant just running water.

I can’t think of any other cause for this. Nobody was home at the time, and there wasn’t anything that used water in use.

Sounds like you had a pipe break?

Surrounded By Ahos

Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Sounds like you had a pipe break?
Don't think so. We called the City and they had a guy from Public Utilities come out. He said they had cleared a blockage up the line from us, and cleared it yesterday about the same time we had our little explosion. We just happened to 'win' that lottery.

Carpet downstairs was completely ruined, and we cleaned up most of the mess out of the bathroom/kitchen last night. The restoration people pulled all the carpet and we now have 4-5 dehumidifiers running. Fun stuff.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Don't think so. We called the City and they had a guy from Public Utilities come out. He said they had cleared a blockage up the line from us, and cleared it yesterday about the same time we had our little explosion. We just happened to 'win' that lottery.

Carpet downstairs was completely ruined, and we cleaned up most of the mess out of the bathroom/kitchen last night. The restoration people pulled all the carpet and we now have 4-5 dehumidifiers running. Fun stuff.

This is figuratively speaking what my municipal tax has been buying for me from my own town for the last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad