Hurricanes Lounge XXVIII: The "where's the rain?" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Some assclown outside my apartment is repeatedly honking his horn to alert someone he is here because he is too goddamned lazy to get out of his car and knock on their door. I'm thisclose to going outside, ripping the guy's arm off and beating him senseless with it.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I grew up up north....I ain't going back. Yeah, you can put more clothes on but you can't shower in them. When I was a kid the inside of the bathroom was in the high 50s when you'd get up in the morning in January and the hot water heater had enough water for about three showers. There were six of us in the family. I long ago decided that I'd rather sit and sweat than sit and shiver all day long. Give me 100 and high humidity any day over what Chicago has right now.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Woke up to a CEL this morning. The part in question was given an extended warranty by VW but of course it doesn’t apply to my particular year model. On top of that my certified preowned warranty ran out a couple thousand miles ago. Yay for random $1000+ repairs when you’re unemployed.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Woke up to a CEL this morning. The part in question was given an extended warranty by VW but of course it doesn’t apply to my particular year model. On top of that my certified preowned warranty ran out a couple thousand miles ago. Yay for random $1000+ repairs when you’re unemployed.
You drive a GTI, right? What year and what part? Asking so I know what to watch for...

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
You drive a GTI, right? What year and what part? Asking so I know what to watch for...
2013 GTI with 76k miles. It’s the intake manifold, code P2015. I was quoted $850 plus $375 for cleaning carbon buildup. I need to get it in for confirmation though. This was at the closest dealer, National VW in Jacksonville, NC. I’m going to call some independent shops tomorrow morning to see if I can do any better.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Some assclown outside my apartment is repeatedly honking his horn to alert someone he is here because he is too goddamned lazy to get out of his car and knock on their door. I'm thisclose to going outside, ripping the guy's arm off and beating him senseless with it.

Do it! Kick his ass!

For real though I know how that is. Some people are stupid

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
I woke up to the sound of breaking glass as our kitten knocked over a vase on our dresser. Cleaned it up and went downstairs to find our older cat stuck in a toy tent. The kitten chewed a hole through the roof and the bigger cat was now wearing it like a belt. Don’t know how long he was stuck like that.

I’m not ready for kids.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I woke up to the sound of breaking glass as our kitten knocked over a vase on our dresser. Cleaned it up and went downstairs to find our older cat stuck in a toy tent. The kitten chewed a hole through the roof and the bigger cat was now wearing it like a belt. Don’t know how long he was stuck like that.

I’m not ready for kids.
Cats break more shit than kids. And kids eventually understand, or more accurately give a shit about, what you say.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Cats break more **** than kids. And kids eventually understand, or more accurately give a **** about, what you say.

You never met my first born. First time I left him with my parents overnight, my Dad’s first comment the next day was:”that kid breaks everything.” We quickly figured out that even at a young age, he was curious about how something worked so he’d take it apart. At 3 years old, that meant breaking it. As he got older, he stopped breaking things as he was able to get them apart without breaking it.

Of course, he did total my truck a few years back as well.

DaJackal

Aug 3, 2015
Eastern front
I can confirm that having a kid is much more time-consuming than 2 cats.

Kid vs a dog on the other hand seem to be close. Luckily I don't have one. When I was "on the market" for a GF I discarded everyone who either had a dog or said that they love dogs, because I can't stand the idea of having such a work-heavy pet.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
I can confirm that having a kid is much more time-consuming than 2 cats.

Kid vs a dog on the other hand seem to be close. Luckily I don't have one. When I was "on the market" for a GF I discarded everyone who either had a dog or said that they love dogs, because I can't stand the idea of having such a work-heavy pet.

Never said otherwise.

RibFrabcus

Bevy of Humanity
Aug 28, 2015
Triad, NC

I’m not ready for kids.

Today my wife stretched and yawned and it set my cats off into a fight, the likes of which I've never seen before. 12 hours later and they are still in seperate rooms.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Never said otherwise.

That's why I said "confirm". :nod:

After thread review, the opinion of the post stands. We have a good post!

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad