LeBrun: Hurricanes looking for a top 9 winger, have shown interest in Puljujarvi and Ho-Sang

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Wow the NHL is watered down if a third liner is now called top 9

pepe-silvia.png

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Ho sang is useless but due to his talent and the off chance of success Itl cost you to trade for him in division. Really no reason for us to give the canes a shot at the kid

Reactions: ichabod13

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Goldobin put up three primary assists tonight against your AHL team. Cheap no risk acquisition. Benning is dumb. Take advantage.

To be objective here, I think about any schmuck off the street could have put up 3pts against the Checkers last night. I watched that one on my iPad up to Utica’s 6th goal...woof...

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Wow the NHL is watered down if a third liner is now called top 9

And how would that be any different from a second-liner being called top 6?

I don't know of one single NHL team that puts their three best forwards on the first line, their second-best group of three forwards on the second line, and so on.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
And I though Pesce to Toronto proposals were banned from the main boards since last December.

Wasn’t that about the time when the Carolina GM actually came on toronto radio and was overtly saying he wanted “a player who is not signed yet” but toronto wasn’t ready to talk trade.

And pesce was asking for a trade out of Carolina?

Crazy time to ban a thread. Or you mean once nylander signed?

Things are all roses im sure now. But pesce according to sources did want out. And Carolina has been linked to many forwards on the leafs.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Wasn’t that about the time when the Carolina GM actually came on toronto radio and was overtly saying he wanted “a player who is not signed yet” but toronto wasn’t ready to talk trade.

Things are all roses im sure now. But pesce according to sources did want out. And Carolina has been linked to many forwards on the leafs.
And it was also known we weren't trading Pesce for anything less than an overpay and Nylander was NOT an overpay. IF Pesce for Nylander were even remotely a thing it would have happened at that time. It didn't, things were patched up with Pesce, and he's on our virtually untouchable list

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
And it was also known we weren't trading Pesce for anything less than an overpay and Nylander was NOT an overpay. IF Pesce for Nylander were even remotely a thing it would have happened at that time. It didn't, things were patched up with Pesce, and he's on our virtually untouchable list

Did you hear your own GM on toronto radio?

Or Bob McKenzie?

Hopefully for your team it has been. but to be sure that it has is kinda silly.

A trade request is a pretty big deal.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Guys on Finnish board told, that there was also some Devils-scout at Kouvola yesterday. I don't think there's anything reasonable to scout (exept younger Räty-brother, but he is 2021 draftee) than Puljujärvi.

Funny coincidence, when I saw Vatanen playing 1st D minutes + 1st PP mins at same day (instead of Subban), counted 1+1. Ken Holland has been after Vatanen before, and wouldn't be surpriced if he is an Oiler soon. Devils have multiple RhDs to give one (soon to be UFA) away.

My own "eklund"-pick will be Vatanen for Puljujärvi.

Reactions: Pierre Dagenais

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA

Did you hear your own GM on toronto radio?

Or Bob McKenzie?

Hopefully for your team it has been. but to be sure that it has is kinda silly.

A trade request is a pretty big deal.

Speaking of silly, saying this definitively is just that. Friedman heard that he was frustrated early in the season, presumably because of an ice-time cut (Link). That's it. Unless you have a source to validate, calling that a trade request is a big jump.

My fellow fans shouldn't rewrite history, though. Not conclusive, but LeBrun thought that the Canes would be willing to trade Pesce if the Leafs made Nylander available (Link). Fortunately for Carolina, Dubas passed on doing that. I'd be surprised if the opportunity to trade for Pesce came around again, at least for years to come. Carolina's RHD depth has thinned with the departures of Faulk and Fox. Pesce's offensive game is improving, making a player that was already valuable because of his defense and contract, even more so. Nothing the Leafs have outside of the untouchables gets the conversation started, imo.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
pulju scored again today in 1-0 victory. 13 points in 13 games this far
I’ve seen some of these points, including a weak wrister on the rush from the off wing beating a goalie that had no business going in. It was awful. I’m sure some of his points will translate, I think he’s a big body with hands that will bury some rebounds but saying he’s a better player now because of points over there does not compute.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
At wonder what putting Bean out there as “available” would net CAR? I don’t really see a future for Bean in CAR at this point. More than likely if he was dealt, it’d be in a package for an established top 6 guy with term.

I personally think that Bean is worth a bit more than Puljujarvi or Ho-Sang in a 1-1 swap. I really like Roslovic from WPG, but not sure if Bean is a fit there as my understanding is that the Jets would be looking for RHD.

Reactions: bleedgreen

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
At wonder what putting Bean out there as “available” would net CAR? I don’t really see a future for Bean in CAR at this point. More than likely if he was dealt, it’d be in a package for an established top 6 guy with term.

I personally think that Bean is worth a bit more than Puljujarvi or Ho-Sang in a 1-1 swap. I really like Roslovic from WPG, but not sure if Bean is a fit there as my understanding is that the Jets would be looking for RHD.
He’s at least a good asset, I’d hold onto him longer unless it was an obvious upgrade at forward. I don’t see one from these two being discussed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad