LeBrun: Hurricanes looking for a top 9 winger, have shown interest in Puljujarvi and Ho-Sang

wraparound

May 17, 2014
I hear that Ondrej Kaše might be avail—oh wait they f***ed that one up lololol

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
I hear that Ondrej Kaše might be avail—oh wait they ****ed that one up lololol

Specifically, Jim Rutherford screwed the pooch on that one. He gave out NTCs like candy. According to reports, both CAR and ANH were quite happy to a deal of Kase for Faulk, with or without an extension. It was Faulk who held all the leverage there.

In the end, Bokk is a decent enough prospect and Edmundson fills a need in CAR as a physical presence on the back end.

I just wish the inevitable Puljujarvi to CAR trade would happen already. I’m tired of the speculation about it.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
looking forward to the gross overpay requirements as well o_O

I think a solid third line winger who can be trusted for fifteen goals a year for Pulju is fair value right now.

I wouldn't do it. Pulju has given himself a huge chance next year when he returns. Or he can wait it out. I don't think he gets traded anymore. Doesn't feel like we need to adjust the roster to cover our problems, at least not yet. Let's see how the team responds to Tippett's no BS. Love his comments after the Philly game.

Reactions: Hockyluv21

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
I just don't see Puljujarvi being traded at all as long as Holland's in office. The smartest thing that he can do is hold him in Europe for the entire season and tell him that it's Oilers or no NHL for you.

Ho-Sang or Sprong, OTOH, are far more gettable and IMO are the ones that Carolina will target and acquire. They would both be dirt-cheap (likely only at the cost of one of our excess Charlotte defensemen, probably Forsling), and you could tell either of them to agree to light up the AHL for the entire year and get your big shot in the playoffs or late in the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad