LeBrun: Hurricanes looking for a top 9 winger, have shown interest in Puljujarvi and Ho-Sang

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
I personally am not sure the Canes need a forward. I think they need to revamp their PP by putting Jacob Slavin in the middle down low. Big Body, good hands great instinct, with him screening the goalie down low our PP could very well take off, IMO

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Zucker has struggled. Guerin isn’t going to make any mistakes the way Fenton did but I’m sure he’d listen. Bigger issue is his salary for us.

I think they need to hold onto the other two as part of their rebuild. Just because they’re struggling now, as we know when you start the process you need all the young legs you can get. Time will tell which ones turn out. Both of those two are likely to be useful players imo.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Would love Zucker on Carolina and was happy to offer something around CAR/TO 1st + McGinn to get the ball rolling but the problem is two things.

1) Zuckers NTC (It is limited so maybe he can be traded to CAR but we don’t know)

2) Making the cap space work on our end

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Buchnevich is technically top 6, but at this point really a 2W [either side] who stopgaps for top line W.

Not sure we agree on price.
Wanna give it a try?

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
I know we’ve been down this road so many times but something around Kasperi Kapanen(3.2) for Brettt Pesce(4.025).

With the leafs so close to the cap What do you send that balances the 800 K or morE back to Carolina while still making it worth there wild?

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
I know we’ve been down this road so many times but something around Kasperi Kapanen(3.2) for Brettt Pesce(4.025).

With the leafs so close to the cap What do you send that balances the 800 K or morE back to Carolina while still making it worth there wild?

There is no Pesce trade to be had. His value has only gone up in leaps and bounds since midseason last year. KK isn't even a starting point.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013

You can’t seriously think that’s a fair trade 1-1? And then you want CAR to take on more salary to make it work? Wow.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA

It was a no this Summer when Carolina had the depth to trade a Top 4 RHD. It's an even bigger one now with Carolina sans Faulk and Fox.

If the Leafs want Pesce, they need to find a time machine to go back to last November and make Nylander available. At this point, even he doesn't start much of a conversation.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
You can’t seriously think that’s a fair trade 1-1? And then you want CAR to take on more salary to make it work? Wow.

I never said that’s a fair trade. I said something around Kapanen/Pesce and something to add that’s makes it worth wild for both teams. Due to the leafs cap problem they would need to add more salary if they were to take in Pesce. I’m not saying Carolina needs to take on kore salary but they have to if they were to work out a trade.

I don’t know if there is an add that makes sense for both teams. An example of Kapanaen and a 1st (I know leafs potentially don’t have a first this year or next) for a Pesce wouldn’t work for Toronto due to the cap. I’m not saying Toronto or Carolina would do that just note complicated to work out a trade due to the cap.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

We’ve never been down a Pesce for Kapanen road before, regardless what some Fans think.

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Usually when a team buries a player like Sven in the minors, it means they can't trade him and no one wanted to claim him off waivers. to say a player like that is worth a 2nd shows me, you are living in a fantasy world. That would be like the Hurricanes asking for a 1st rounder for Scott Darling last year. GM's are smart enough to know when a player is no longer NHL caliber.

Well, that is not exactly true.....Mikeyfan
What it means is that, the teams interested do not have cap room, usually
But what it also does, and you see it many times
Is that he will be waived then, the team will contact the teamed that waived the player
to see if a retention can be made, or a trade can happen, once he is in the Minors
so that the trade can happen and he does not have to clear waivers again
once traded, to be put down in the minors.
I am surprised you don't know that?

Reactions: mikeyfan

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Well, that is not exactly true.....Mikeyfan
What it means is that, the teams interested do not have cap room, usually
But what it also does, and you see it many times
Is that he will be waived then, the team will contact the teamed that waived the player
to see if a retention can be made, or a trade can happen, once he is in the Minors
so that the trade can happen and he does not have to clear waivers again
once traded, to be put down in the minors.
I am surprised you don't know that?
Usually when a guy that passes through waivers and is traded shortly thereafter (particularly if he had a higher salary), the return is either another cap dump, a late round pick, or future considerations. Also, many times includes salary retention.

Do you have any recent examples of a waived player being traded shortly after being waived where the return was a second round pick?

The disagreement isn’t that a team wouldn’t potentially trade for one of those guys, the disagreement is that a team, like Carolina, would give up a high (2nd/3rd) pick for them.

Last edited:

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
I never said that’s a fair trade. I said something around Kapanen/Pesce and something to add that’s makes it worth wild for both teams. Due to the leafs cap problem they would need to add more salary if they were to take in Pesce. I’m not saying Carolina needs to take on kore salary but they have to if they were to work out a trade.

I don’t know if there is an add that makes sense for both teams. An example of Kapanaen and a 1st (I know leafs potentially don’t have a first this year or next) for a Pesce wouldn’t work for Toronto due to the cap. I’m not saying Toronto or Carolina would do that just note complicated to work out a trade due to the cap.
It's not even a starting point, there's nothing that could be "added" to KK (which implies he's the main or most valuable piece) that could even get Carolina to contemplate Pesce being involved. Full stop...no need to delve deeper into cap or anything

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
You gotta be really, really bad to not have 9 forwards better than Ho-Sang.

Carolina is not.

Reactions: DaveG

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
I personally am not sure the Canes need a forward. I think they need to revamp their PP by putting Jacob Slavin in the middle down low. Big Body, good hands great instinct, with him screening the goalie down low our PP could very well take off, IMO

source.gif

Reactions: DaveG

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
TSN will get anything to get us chatting to our friends that don't frequent HF to get them to watch more ads on TSN ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad