LeBrun: Hurricanes looking for a top 9 winger, have shown interest in Puljujarvi and Ho-Sang

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
With what Canes have been building I doubt they’d want a distraction like ho-Sang

I agree. This is essentially Justin Williams spot that’s being offered and you don’t replace a clutch NHL veteran leaders spot with an AHL headcase who just cleared waivers.

For the record Puljujarvi isn’t the player they should be targeting either if the goal is to instantly add another top 9 player. He’s a reclamation project that “could” work out long term for the Hurricanes. They would still need a different and currently better player if the goal is immediate improvement

RichBaster

Feb 18, 2015
Vegas will need to eventually fix their cap situation once Tuch is back. Its been rumored for a while (and logically makes sense) that they would be looking to move Cody Eakin. A top 9 forward that would make sense for the Canes too.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Vegas will need to eventually fix their cap situation once Tuch is back. Its been rumored for a while (and logically makes sense) that they would be looking to move Cody Eakin. A top 9 forward that would make sense for the Canes too.

I don't think Carolina can fit a $3.85M cap hit into their roster without sending salary back, which wouldn't fix Vegas's cap situation.
Eakin might have been a match in the off-season, but there isn't space anymore.

Reactions: Tryamw

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Roslovic for equivalent D-man.

I like the potential of Puljujarvi hitting his ceiling in CAR, but I like Roslovic more as I feel he’s a safer bet to reach useful NHL player status than Puljujarvi. I’d imagine the Jets would be interested in 1 of CAR’s D prospects.

I’ll probably be in the minority of Canes fans here, but I’d deal Bean for Roslovic easily. I wouldn’t offer Bean for Puljujarvi. I’d also easily part with Fleury for Roslovic, but not sure of WPG’s needs or wants there. Seems like they need RD over LD.

Cherry Picker

Sep 29, 2011
TO TOR: Pesce + Foegele

TO CAR: Johnsson + Kapanen

Leafs scoring for proper stay at home defence. Carolina is then deep up front while still icing a solid top 4 on D

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
we need a RHS.

I think it would be JP.

But we need to look at a little mix up in our top 9. Dzingle and Haula play the same game. Nino and Aho are snake bit.

Dzingle - Aho - Turbo
Nino - Staal - (JP)
Nino - Haula - Necas
Foegele - Wallmark - McGinn

then when Martinook is back, Foegele goes to the 13th.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Canes what would you offer for Kreider, more a top 6 forward. UFA at seasons end. looking for 1st round pick and top 4 defenseman prospect that is ready to make the NHL and contribute

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
we need a RHS.

I think it would be JP.

But we need to look at a little mix up in our top 9. Dzingle and Haula play the same game. Nino and Aho are snake bit.

Dzingle - Aho - Turbo
Nino - Staal - (JP)
Nino - Haula - Necas
Foegele - Wallmark - McGinn

then when Martinook is back, Foegele goes to the 13th.

Nino is going to be dead tired with that deployment

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014

Leafs scoring for proper stay at home defence. Carolina is then deep up front while still icing a solid top 4 on D

Could replace one of AJ/Kap with Nylander and it would still be a no. Pesce has looked incredible this year. $4 million a year for this + 4 more years. Pesce has one of the best contracts in the league.

Last edited:

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina

AcademicValidBarnowl-size_restricted.gif

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Looking forward to your crap proposal for Puljujarvi :nod:

I hate to say it but Pulju's value hasn't really done anything to recover when you consider the fact that all he's doing is beating up a league he was already great in as a 17-18 year old and now doing it at what... like 21?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad