LeBrun: Hurricanes looking for a top 9 winger, have shown interest in Puljujarvi and Ho-Sang

RSPens

May 25, 2015
When some guys start getting healthy the Pens could/should trade Bjugstad. It looks like he'd fit in nice next to Staal and Nino. There is even a small chance that they may consider trading Kahun, but I think that would be pre-mature.

Slap

Sep 28, 2017
Aho-Pulju was lethal in the wjc.
As an Oilers fan it would sting to see him thrive in another team.
But as a fan of the game I would enjoy seeing them reunited.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Krieder for a 1st this year or next and Lupstarinen?

The price sound about right and I think Kreider would be a good fit for the Canes. However the Canes management group has been loath to deal away top draft picks for anything other than more draft picks. They have shown more willingness to deal from their prospect depth.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
I'm confused, are they looking for a top 9 AHL winger?

Are they jumping to the KHL and looking for top 9 wingers? Would NHL bylaws allow that?

Something doesn't add up

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Availability. It's a bit too early in the season for teams to look towards the future and trade away a quality veteran, rental or otherwise, for futures.

Exception I could see is the Leafs with the strong play of Moore/Mihkeyev and soon to be return of Hyman.

Kapanen for TVR+futures would be a good fit

RSPens

May 25, 2015
A recent #13 Overall pick who is waiver exempt has been one of the best D in the AHL in exchange for a 24 year old with one "meh" season playing next to DeBrincat-Toews and 1 point this year? Where do I sign?

What about something around Bjugstad and TVR?

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
I’d be shocked if any team got a 1st out of CAR for a rental, not happening. And I believe you mean Loustarinen there.

Well they do have two of them. And Krieder may re-sign - far from guaranteed, but Carolina has a great team and looks set to contend for a few years. An upgrade in goal would be good but otherwise they are looking pretty good.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
What about something around Bjugstad and TVR?

Bjugstad is out "longer-term" and the Canes don't need a $4.1 million 4th line C anyway. As mentioned in the video they are looking for someone who can put up points. Ondrej Kase is the example we know.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
If it’s Puljujarvi, Edmonton will want a piece that can step in and contribute right away. If the likes of Gauthier or that Russian kid from Tampa whose name currently escapes me weren’t enough to get a deal done in the offseason I’m not sure why they would be now after we’ve won 6 of our first 7 with Puljujarvi playing well in Karpat. No need for us to rush things. Something substantial would need to be on the table or we’re good to wait.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I think the 'top 9' part is being overstated a bit here. We're looking for a middle/bottom 6 player who can allow us to drop McGinn down to the 4th line where he belongs. We're pretty good up front, we just need a little better depth for this year.

Reactions: The S5

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad