Post-Game Talk: How To Get The Starter’s Job Back in 2 Games

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Are you coming back to Edmonton too? Or just your twin? ;)
Yep! Looking forward to watching Oilers games at normal times, not looking forward to the winters. I love the heat.

It is worth mentioning that I travelled to Canada from November 29th to December 30th. The Oilers went 4-9-1 in that time...

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Stay the f*** away.

Or we'll have to get Supergirl to keep him away, by force.

source.gif

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
I don't want to get ahead of myself (or jinx anything), but does anyone have any ideas for playoff avatars?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I thought Ennis-Drai-Yams had pretty decent chemistry in the 3rd period, fairly comparable to RNH being on that line instead. They came very close to scoring.

I'd stick with these lines for another game, trying to get a read on line combos with the group is dead tired getting into town 3:30 in the morning isn't a great way to judge anything especially with McDavid sick, but even there that last tick tack toe goal for the McDavid line showed potential.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I thought Ennis-Drai-Yams had pretty decent chemistry in the 3rd period, fairly comparable to RNH being on that line instead. They came very close to scoring.

I'd stick with these lines for another game, trying to get a read on line combos with the group is dead tired getting into town 3:30 in the morning isn't a great way to judge anything especially with McDavid sick, but even there that last tick tack toe goal for the McDavid line showed potential.
I don't think Tippett sticks with it for another game. If the team didn't play well and had some strong glimmers I'd agree with you but laying an egg that massive all over the ice but somehow scoring 3, I think he shakes it up again.

Tippett is a coach that likes the wins but definitely cares how the team plays win or lose and what happened on ice was not something he would think is worth trying again.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Oilers were toying with them . Like a cat toys with a mouse .

McDavids caught on camera talking to Draisaitl on the way home.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I don't think Tippett sticks with it for another game. If the team didn't play well and had some strong glimmers I'd agree with you but laying an egg that massive all over the ice but somehow scoring 3, I think he shakes it up again.

Tippett is a coach that likes the wins but definitely cares how the team plays win or lose and what happened on ice was not something he would think is worth trying again.

Team will eventually need two real scoring lines constantly, not just one good line and then one "do whatever the heck you want Connor" line.

Good teams don't get hung up on line combos that much, these guys should be able to play with other players and honestly I thought the team was better in the 3rd anyway.

Before cashing the last two goals they could have scored a couple more, E-Drai-Yamamoto had them hemmed in their zone for a good period of time.

Can't really judge the McDavid line when it looks obvious Connor was playing sick. He didn't even celebrate his goal.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
It's so awkward to watch the Oilers play bad and win games.
Kosko getting his SO ruined less than a min to go really was brutal, Drai's gonna owe him one..
Considering how much this team owes Drai...

Anyhow, this is as always a big deal amongst fans and probably a non-issue in the locker room. It would be crazy if players had to excuse themselves for every bad play they make. These guys are grown-ups and spend months and months together.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Disappointing the last 3 of 4 games. Team maybe is sick? Can't think of any other excuse.

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
Fell asleep before the game started but watching the highlights it looked like we played great... I now know that was not the case haha. Oh well, a wins a win.

Anyone know where I can find the Yamo and Smith interviews form last night?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00