Post-Game Talk: How To Get The Starter’s Job Back in 2 Games

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Anybody think if they'll go with Koskinen as the starter for this next coming week?

Trying to get some insight on the Smith/Koskinen goalie situation.

Koskinen vs Vegas
Smith vs Jets
Better of the 2 in those starts vs Islanders.

that’s my guess.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
tumblr_ptbq25NMiB1wxl8t9o1_500.gifv

Ok I forgive her.

Reactions: Cloned

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Or think that if they continue to play like this, eventually the dam will break and they'll get a win.

Hopefully. They remind me a lot of the late-era MacT-coached Oilers teams. Lots of try down the stretch, get really close (and even hold) to a playoff spot, but ultimately fizzle out because they can't score.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
The truth is, we play way better in front of Smith. Koskinen is clearly the better guy in terms of making saves. But the team hates his guts, apparently.
Sometimes teams just/adapt/play better to one guys style as opposed to another. And nothing more than that. Smith is a confident puck mover, and extremely vocal out there, yelling out instructions to his teammates. Players can feed off of that, and play better because of it. Just a comfort zone.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
That's now three absolutely terribly played games in a row, two of which were heavily masked by great goaltending and some lucky breaks. They talked about coming out focused and strong for this game ad naseum, Adam Larsson being one of them. And then, right after the opening draw, with his first handling of the puck in his own end under no duress, he fumbles it away.
The whole team was absolutely awful, completely unfocused, and lacking any energy or desperation. The cherry of course, was Draisaitl giving the puck away in the last minute and allowing Nyquist a clean breakaway, where he finally beat Koskinen on the SECOND chance he had, since there was no one coming back hard on him.

Terrible to say, but maybe this team needs to get absolutely smoked in one of these, so they can find their focus again. This seems to be teaching them, either consciously or subconciously , that they can start to take some nights off and let their goalies look after things, and then they will win by their incredible talent and divine intervention.

I must stress however, that I am VERY GLAD and relieved that we got the 2 points out of this, and that is the bottom line. But I'm also a big believer that the process is incredibly important, and this type of effort will prove to be unsustainable, so I sure as hell hope they get it fixed sooner than later. As in, by tomorrow.
Tipp didn't exactly help things by mixing up the lines into some bizarre combinations, and it showed with the total lack of chemistry and execution.

I think they just need a rest. The schedule doesnt allow for that although these long home stands should help.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
I lost them shortly after when I inferred Cassie has the brains of a cow. Back in the penalty box till end of May.
I had a post deleted for saying “arguing with an X fan is like running in the special olympics” but escaped slaughter

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
BTW today’s broadcast should be an absolute Flames love in with Cassie the highly intelligent and near perfect human being with no bias shown whatsoever to her husbands team.
I’m a huge fan of highly intelligent things, especially when grilled to medium rare on the BBQ

Reactions: yukoner88

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
If Wen was interested in making playoff avatars, I might suggest they start a patreon account. I'd happily donate for one of those. We could start a new topic once we're confirmed to make it in.

Is Patreon a monthly donation or can you do one-time? I've always stayed away from it just because I'm not a fan of recurring costs.

I'd ship $25 US on PayPal for a custom avatar, if the work is worthwhile or enjoyable enough for her at that price.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
The truth is, we play way better in front of Smith. Koskinen is clearly the better guy in terms of making saves. But the team hates his guts, apparently.

oh please, the team was and is bloody grateful for his play. They know damn well he's stolen them points recently. I'd argue Koskinen has played more games where the rest of the team is low on energy due to the scheduling, and recently a flu bug going through the team.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Even though we won I am pretty livid at the team for not getting Mikko the shutout. Drai better get a hat trick next game to make up for that blunder. Overall pretty poor performance got lucky that CBJ's goaltender wasn't that great. Still want to keep the McD Nuge, Kass line for another game especially if McD has the flu. They did have some ability as seen on the third goal.

Who cares about the shutout? Care more about our terrible work ethic

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Too many guys took it a little too easy last night. Not sure if it's illness, but they need to play better. Another 2 points for Kosk. Nice to have 2 goalies playing well. We'll likely need them both in the playoffs.

Gotta preserve that shutout with 1 minute left in regulation. I'm sure that won't happen again.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I also look at these games as points we should have gotten in December if both goalies weren't playing like crap then.

Reactions: Oilhawks

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
I wish I caught them when they were touring. “The Man Machine” is a masterpiece, I have a posted of that album artwork, one of the best!
Yes! This album got me hooked to them. They're having a North America tour but not Edmonton this time. Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal , I believe.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad