Post-Game Talk: How To Get The Starter’s Job Back in 2 Games

BakedYams

Jan 14, 2017
PayPal is a thing.

I'd pay for a custom avatar if she is available for commissioned work.
If Wen was interested in making playoff avatars, I might suggest they start a patreon account. I'd happily donate for one of those. We could start a new topic once we're confirmed to make it in.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Oil goalie tandem has been a life saver. Tippett and his staff have managed the rotation perfectly. With that, Smith's veteran leadership has been a vital intangible as part of the culture change here. Koskinen is also learning and benefitting from what seems like a collegial, mentorship relationship. Effective, trusted goaltending is a huge part of this year's success.

Liked last night's fourth line which could be a solid, low minute grind group with big bodies Khaira, Chiasson, and Neal. Chiasson has been pretty solid lately and his direct, honest and somewhat chippy post game interviews sound like a guy whose experienced tough playoff hockey and the grind it takes to win. Thought too that Larssen was the best defender last night on a group that was back-pedalling all night against an aggressive, fast forechecking opponent. He was physical, nasty and skating hard. Is really rounding into form as the game changes to playoff style.

Ugly win but a Tippett led team and emerging leaders and this year's team is showing it can come out ahead in games in which they are the second best team on the ice.

Reactions: Oilhawks

GOilers88

Fer Da
Dec 24, 2016
I'm sorry to say I think the Athanasiou trade is going to be a waste, because I can't see making his qualifying offer at $3M, he's not worth that. I'd personally value his potential contribution next year at maybe $1.5M.

So that's quite the waste of two 2nds.
Sounds a lot like early in the season when people were completely overreacting to all the new players not being good and Holland pissing away a season.

Good teams find ways to win games when they're off. All season this team has been finding ways to win games they shouldn't.

Gear down, big rig. Give him a fair shake.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
The next two weeks don't get any easier. The only "weak" team they play is the Senators who have the Oilers numbers. I'll be happy with at least 3 wins over the next 7 games.

Ya and that's my concern. They're not playing well, whether it be fatigue, sickness etc, and the schedule doesn't get any easier for them as far as teams they play in the next 7 games. I just hope they can grind through this well and ya getting 3 wins in the next 7 would be very nice.

Although they get to sleep in their own bed at home until the 13th which is huge for recovering from fatigue, not having to travel. Hope that does them well. Also the mini 3 game east side road trip shouldn't be too bad as far as travel. And then they're back home again for the last 6 of 7 games which will also hopefully be huge for their energy state.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Ya and that's my concern. They're not playing well, whether it be fatigue, sickness etc, and the schedule doesn't get any easier for them as far as teams they play in the next 7 games. I just hope they can grind through this well and ya getting 3 wins in the next 7 would be very nice.

Although they get to sleep in their own bed at home until the 13th which is huge for recovering from fatigue, not having to travel. Hope that does them well. Also the mini 3 game east side road trip shouldn't be too bad as far as travel. And then they're back home again for the last 6 of 7 games which will also hopefully be huge for their energy state.

Not to make excuses, but it’s been something like 8 games in a row that they’ve played in a different building every night. That’s a lot of travel.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
That's now three absolutely terribly played games in a row, two of which were heavily masked by great goaltending and some lucky breaks. They talked about coming out focused and strong for this game ad naseum, Adam Larsson being one of them. And then, right after the opening draw, with his first handling of the puck in his own end under no duress, he fumbles it away.
The whole team was absolutely awful, completely unfocused, and lacking any energy or desperation. The cherry of course, was Draisaitl giving the puck away in the last minute and allowing Nyquist a clean breakaway, where he finally beat Koskinen on the SECOND chance he had, since there was no one coming back hard on him.

Terrible to say, but maybe this team needs to get absolutely smoked in one of these, so they can find their focus again. This seems to be teaching them, either consciously or subconciously , that they can start to take some nights off and let their goalies look after things, and then they will win by their incredible talent and divine intervention.

I must stress however, that I am VERY GLAD and relieved that we got the 2 points out of this, and that is the bottom line. But I'm also a big believer that the process is incredibly important, and this type of effort will prove to be unsustainable, so I sure as hell hope they get it fixed sooner than later. As in, by tomorrow.
Tipp didn't exactly help things by mixing up the lines into some bizarre combinations, and it showed with the total lack of chemistry and execution.

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.

It's good their not playing "weak" teams as those are the teams the Oilers have had problems with in the season. They have stacked up fine against the top teams. In fact, of the other 19 teams in the top 20 of the NHL standings excluding themselves of course, they have beaten all of them except for Tampa Bay.

Reactions: Oilhawks

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
The truth is, we play way better in front of Smith. Koskinen is clearly the better guy in terms of making saves. But the team hates his guts, apparently.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Not sure if Tippetts Post game comments have been posted....

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Or we'll have to get Supergirl to keep him away, by force.

source.gif

Supergirl in this clip seems rather intolerant to interplanetary immigrants.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I highly doubt Francis would ever go anywhere but Calgary puck, loser needs an echo chamber that supports everything he says.

BTW today’s broadcast should be an absolute Flames love in with Cassie the highly intelligent and near perfect human being with no bias shown whatsoever to her husbands team.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
The shitty thing is that this game probably demoralized Columbus and they’re going to get pumped tomorrow in Vancouver.
Or think that if they continue to play like this, eventually the dam will break and they'll get a win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->