Post-Game Talk: How To Get The Starter’s Job Back in 2 Games

Captain Fantastic

Cpt. Fallustina
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
tenor.gif
I see your celebrating International Women's Day. Much Respect! ;)

Reactions: Cloned

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
We will NOT win if we play like that vs Vegas. Tippet needs to give these guys a talking to. Koskinen robbed the Blue Jackets. He and Khaira were the only ones who showed up tonight.

I can't believe someone other than me is giving JJ credit

Section337

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I also look at these games as points we should have gotten in December if both goalies weren't playing like crap then.

Agreed. It sucks to have goaltending lose a game. It sucks for the other team to lose to goaltending. I know which I prefer, even though it seems a rare treat.

Konami McDavid

May 1, 2015
Edmonton
I have no problem with the Drai turnover, those things happen in hockey. That is a pass he makes 99/100. An argument could be made that it wasn't the best game management. Some would say he should have dumped it in deep and you may be right. My rebuttal would be that you go from possession to a 50/50 battle (albeit 200' from your net). Hindsight is 20/20. He attempted a short pass to a wide open forward with speed using a pass he almost always has success with.

However, I do still have 2 issues with the rest of the play.

- First, when he turns over the puck he waits for the pass to Nyquist before start skating back. He is covering the point, he should have been on his horse as soon as the turnover happened.

- Second, he gives up on the back-check after the initial shot. If he keeps his feet moving he has a good chance to break up the rebound attempt by Nyquist.

These boys better get some rest so they can bring their A-game vs. Vegas. This uninspired hockey being played in the last 3 games is not how you enter the playoffs. This type of hockey gets you bounced in 4.

Still, a win is a win. I will take it over a dominant loss as long as it does not become commonplace.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->